If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

RPG Backtrack: Episode 137 - Just One More Story?

JuMeSynJuMeSyn Code: KirinAdministrators
edited February 2015 in Latest Updates
Project Rainfall helped bring several titles to the Wii in North America, and one of them features a title reminiscent of another series Hironobu Sakaguchi worked on. Now that the Wii has been relegated to the list of dead consoles, the time to tell this story has come.
Thanks, XSEED!
It's not what he's eating, but what's eating him that makes it ... sort of interesting.

Comments

• VictarVictar Member Full Members
    edited February 2015
    I'm currently playing Citizens of Earth on the 3DS, and yes it is buggy on that platform. It crashes occasionally, when trying to transition from one area to another. At one point the Vice-President became stuck in the environment, prompting a reload.

The game does let the player save anywhere and has an autosave feature, mitigating frustration from the crashes. Reloading from one's last save always puts the VP in a specific place within the area the game was saved in (typically the entrance of a "dungeon", if the the game was saved in one). I am certain this is an intentional safety feature, so that a player who mistakenly saved the game while the VP was stuck wouldn't have an unwinnable save file.

The loading screens take too long, and combat is a little too frequent, although it can be avoided in some game areas.

Despite all these flaws, I find the game appealing. I want to see what quirky citizen I can recruit next. I want to unravel the silly mystery of the game's main plot. And I want to discover more ways to break the game, as there are all sorts of overpowered citizen combos to play around with. The defeault game difficulty is fairly easy, but early on the player has the opportunity to recruit a citizen who can change the difficulty higher or lower, anytime.