If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Forum software upgrade 2/20-2/21

2»

Comments

• FoxworthFoxworth Practical Problem Solver Administrators
    Jitawa wrote: »
    I'm getting the same bug I did in the old forums that's specific to rpgamer's boards. The board periodically eats portions of my posts and replaces "some" of the text with a garbled code and the rpgamer web address. It's problematic for a lot reasons, but I'll repeatedly attempt to edit it to remove the random garbled stuff and have similar issues. If the board eats a large enough chunk of text, it can be difficult to recall what I'd written before unless I keep the whole post on my clipboard for however long it takes to get the post to show up with the garbled text.

Problem seems specific to Chrome, or at least, I was able to edit a post without garbling in Internet Explorer.

Can you email me a copy of the text content you were trying to post that gets garbled? foxworth@rpgamer.com
    This space for rent.
  • ClixClix Listmaster Full Members
    Can we no longer make poll threads? I do not see any such option when I try to set up a new thread, and the poll threads from the previous forum(s) are now just normal threads with the result/options missing.
    ClixPsi.png
    Clix wrote: »
    Can we no longer make poll threads? I do not see any such option when I try to set up a new thread, and the poll threads from the previous forum(s) are now just normal threads with the result/options missing.

I don't think Vanilla has support for polls by default (which is why the poll results from previous ones apparently didn't make it across). I'll do some checking around to see if there is a good polling plugin we can add.
    This space for rent.
  • ClixClix Listmaster Full Members
    Likely too late, but if the data is still sitting around as a backup, I have noticed that most of the old Completed Games threads are corrupted due to Pokemon. It looks like anytime "é" was used, the rest of the post was cut off. If possible, could the first post in each link below be restored?

2011 - Also need to restore the second post by Paws

2012 - Also need to restore the second post by 7thCircle

2013 - Also need to restore the second post by Frozenbabylon

I understand if this is all too late, but it would be nice to have the lists in a restored state for posterity's sake.
    ClixPsi.png
    Clix wrote: »
    Likely too late, but if the data is still sitting around as a backup, I have noticed that most of the old Completed Games threads are corrupted due to Pokemon. It looks like anytime "é" was used, the rest of the post was cut off. If possible, could the first post in each link below be restored?

2011 - Also need to restore the second post by Paws

2012 - Also need to restore the second post by 7thCircle

2013 - Also need to restore the second post by Frozenbabylon

I understand if this is all too late, but it would be nice to have the lists in a restored state for posterity's sake.

It looks like that was an issue that happened with the data porter tool for migrating from vBulletin->Vanilla (I was hoping there was some special character filter that was acting on it and breaking, but it looks like the data just isn't there). I can look into seeing if I can restore the old database for vbulletin somewhere to do some digging, but I don't have it actively stored on the DB server right now (we finally purged the old data after doing a final backup back in September).
    This space for rent.