If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

RPGCast - Episode 343: "Mad Libs"

sabin1001sabin1001 Man vs. Slime, the fourth type of conflictMadison, WIAdministrators
RPGCast - Episode 343: "Mad Libs"

Please go ahead and download _____ to your _____. You can hear about how Anna is _____ because _____ is delayed. Chris is looking _____ for his next _____. Alice ______ her new ______ missiles. All this and ______ on today's RPGCast.

You can find the links to all our stories on delicious: http://delicious.com/rpgamer/343

RPGCast streams live on Saturday at Noon Eastern / 9 AM Pacific.

Leave your feedback in the following ways!
Post in this thread.
Email us at podcast@rpgamer.com
Leave us a voicemail at (608) 729-4098
Email us an mp3 or m4a voicemail at podcast@rpgamer.com

Download the show: "Mad Libs"
Subscribe to the feed: http://feeds2.feedburner.com/Rpgcast
Subscribe in iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=264306390
179811.png

Comments

• BudaiBudai Paladin Full Members
    edited March 2015
    I'm not trying to be annoying, but is this episode sped up from a usual speed? It sounds weird over iTunes but it could just be me.

Edit- yeah probably just me. sounds good now you can delete this and your response if you like.
  • PawsPaws Purr RPGamer Staff
    I just tested it on libsyn and in the itunes browser and both sound okay. Is it possible you've changed the speed on your listening device of choice?
    I will say this about my call concerning family. I didn't mean to sounds as if it's good to ignore other people. I have just always thought gaming got a bad rap, when it's better to be at home with your family playing a game than out somewhere else doing things you shouldn't be. Yes the image of a parent playing an mmorpg and the kids fighting in he background sounds bad, but I think of more a parent playing an rpg and minding the kids at the same time. Having an rpg hobby is one of the better hobbies I can think of when it comes to raising a kid. Staying at home and enjoying a game rather than going out and drinking and raising hell is better. I've done both, and grinding on some dragon quest slimes with my niece relaxing next to me will always beat out the clubs I hit up in my younger years. There's a certain zen quality to playing an rpg and chilling out rather than being wild. There's time for both but I'm older and I've come to love what the rpg gives me by staying home and appreciating the small things like I did when I was a teenager.
  • PawsPaws Purr RPGamer Staff
    Totally agree (though in my case I skipped the wild go out and drink and party phase). One of my fave things is to hang out with people while we game (even if we're playing different games). Chris and I cuddle up on the couch and play stuff (since we're both comfortable with handhelds it's not uncommon for one of us to use the TV and the other be on a handheld)
  • ShayminShaymin The Gratitude Pokemon Halifax, New SealandFull Members
    edited March 2015
    GameFreak is an independent company - heck, they announced a new game with Sega for PS4/X1/PC a couple of weeks ago (Tembo the Badass Elephant). And the Pokemon Company was already putting advergames (Camp Pokemon, Pokemon TCG Online) on mobile platforms. The chief reason mainline Pokemon isn't going to mobile is because it prints sufficient amounts of money by justifying (Nintendo-portable) sales.

And Manny, the QOL stuff was announced to come out at the end of the coming fiscal year. The Club Nintendo stuff will come in once they finish taking the old service out back and mercy-killing it, so after September.
    "The flowers all over its body burst into bloom if it is lovingly hugged and senses gratitude."
    Twitter | A gaming podcast by grownups | Nintendo World Report news editor
    For the record I don't have kids but very close to my sister and hers.
  • SeraphimKittenSeraphimKitten President of Soft Paws Full Members
    You had me at "plural noun."