If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

RPGCast - Episode 345: "Unrealistic Bosoms"

sabin1001sabin1001 Man vs. Slime, the fourth type of conflictMadison, WIAdministrators
edited April 2015 in Latest Updates
RPGCast - Episode 345: "Unrealistic Bosoms"

Touhou hits the western hemisphere. Yo-kai watches will soon compete with Apple watches. Monster Hunting gets more cute. And Square Enix announces that they might announce something.

You can find the links to all our stories on delicious: http://delicious.com/rpgamer/345

RPGCast streams live on Saturday at Noon Eastern / 9 AM Pacific.

Leave your feedback in the following ways!
Post in this thread.
Email us at podcast@rpgamer.com
Leave us a voicemail at (608) 729-4098
Email us an mp3 or m4a voicemail at podcast@rpgamer.com

Download the show: "Unrealistic Bosoms"
Subscribe to the feed: http://feeds2.feedburner.com/Rpgcast
Subscribe in iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=264306390
179811.png

Comments

• BudaiBudai Paladin Full Members
    I wish they would release ff11 on a disc completely rebalanced for single player offline. That would be awesome.
  • TexsideTexside Member Full Members
    Did you ever get that nasty solo boss, Anna?

Also, this was a fun episode. I think Manny's right about expectations; I've had a few games where I expected greatness, got anything but, and hated it more than a mediocre game where I didn't know what I'd get.
  • PawsPaws Purr RPGamer Staff
    Not yet. We're working on leveling up my weapon skills and defensive skills to max before I try again.
    Owch! That sounds like a painful boss, requiring that kinda work. Comes with those old school MMO's, I guess.
  • VictarVictar Member Full Members
    OMG I wanted to laugh when I heard how much money you spent on Puzzle & Dragons. But that would be complete hypocricy, because I've burned literally hundreds of dollars on Gauntlet Legends and Gauntlet Dark Legacy in coin-operated video arcades, back when arcades were still a thing.

Free-to-play games are the new quartersuckers.

Texside wrote: »
    Owch! That sounds like a painful boss, requiring that kinda work. Comes with those old school MMO's, I guess.

I can't remember if Alice said it during the episode or during the post show, but the level 70 level break is probably the single most difficult battle remaining in FFXI because it retains all the original rules (no subjob, no help). To add insult to injury, the melee jobs have it much harder than others. Honestly I may just be better served levelling up my WHM to 70 and doing that challenge instead.
    edited April 2015
    Paws wrote: »
    I can't remember if Alice said it during the episode or during the post show, but the level 70 level break is probably the single most difficult battle remaining in FFXI because it retains all the original rules (no subjob, no help). To add insult to injury, the melee jobs have it much harder than others. Honestly I may just be better served levelling up my WHM to 70 and doing that challenge instead.

I remember her explaining it! I think, at least. It sounded super rough altogether. I didn't realize you don't get subjob abilities either. I guess those couldn't be done til after level 70? (wow, if so)

I think you might be right, though. Solo melee stuff can be really brutal in the best of circumstances.
    Nah, subjob quest unlocks at 30; this battle specifically removes them (which extra sucks, because I lost about 1/3rd of my health without a subjob).
    Oh, owch. That sounds like you have to do the fight with, like, some of your gear taken away in another MMO plus part of your bar?