If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

RPGCast - Episode 347: "The Real Bokumo"

sabin1001sabin1001 Man vs. Slime, the fourth type of conflictMadison, WIAdministrators
RPGCast - Episode 347: "The Real Bokumo"

Chris attempts to keep his basement bathroom from floating away. Alice continues to flirt with giant robots. And Anna Marie gets creeped out by a creepy pedobear.

You can find the links to all our stories on delicious: http://delicious.com/rpgamer/347

RPGCast streams live on Saturday at Noon Eastern / 9 AM Pacific.

Leave your feedback in the following ways!
Post in this thread.
Email us at podcast@rpgamer.com
Leave us a voicemail at (608) 729-4098
Email us an mp3 or m4a voicemail at podcast@rpgamer.com

Download the show: "The Real Bokumo"
Subscribe to the feed: http://feeds2.feedburner.com/Rpgcast
Subscribe in iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=264306390
179811.png

Comments

• Severin MiraSeverin Mira News Director/Reviewer RPGamer Staff
    Yeah, if you moved on from Class of Heroes for it being punishing, Growlanser: Wayfarer of Time is not really going to be much of an improvement there. The battle system was ok for me once I got the hang of it but it does have its fair share of difficulty spikes.

Also yay, I recognised about half of those SRW series.
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU) | NNID: severinmira
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevvi Taubemira (Leviathan)
  • ChaosDroneChaosDrone New Member Full Members
    Alice, can you or someone else give a run down of what is a good starting title in the the Super Robot Wars series. My friends and I are interested in giving it a try (especially if we can get my hands on a good English patch); however, we have no idea which game to start with.
  • VictarVictar Member Full Members
    I also preordered Puzzle & Dragons & Mario. Dragons + Mario + Match-3 RPG = I must have this game!

In the meantime, I'm playing Dragon Quest 9, a year after all Nintendo shut down online services for DS games. This means that I have no easy way to access dozens of postgame quests (no, I am not going to track down a second DQ9 DS cart with those quests unlocked so I can get them in multiplayer mode, and I can't be bothered to use a cheat device).

So I'll probably skip most or all of the DQ9 postgame. Since the postgame seems to involve endless grinding for skill points or alchemy reagents anyway, I'm fine with passing it over.
  • BudaiBudai Paladin Full Members
    Love me some Rpgamer podcast.
  • silktailsilktail mild peril Full Members
    Meanwhile I didn't do so well at recognise those Super Robot Wars series.
    But I do know Gunbuster (the original, not the sequel). If you have watched that then you might remember it for having the last part in black and white, to make it more like a WW2 movie.

I did also catch a random episode of The Big O on Cartoon Network. I didn't think it would matter too much if I leaped in to get a feel for it, unfortunately it may have been the last episode (in the series?) judging by how everything fell apart. O boy!

Danganronpa looked to me like 999/Zero Escape, but with Pheonix Wright replacing the escape puzzles. But that was seeing things back before its western release.
    (At the time the fan translation even had a Zero Escape joke, about being an Esper.)
  • TexsideTexside Member Full Members
    edited May 2015
    I laughed aloud when I heard Alice's reply to Chris saying he needs to see Gundam SEED Destiny. (My vote's with Alice on this one.)

I hope you get that evil roadblock in FFXI down, Anna Marie!

Oh, answering the question is smart: I've been playing some Fire Emblem: Awakening. I'm waiting on the Final Fantasy V Four Job Fiesta to start; I may fire up Banner Saga before then. I've been lazy.
  • BudaiBudai Paladin Full Members
    I got monster hunter 4. I just completed the tetsukaphra set, and just opened up the third map. Having a blast.