If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Episode 6: You're Just Gonna Play Destiny - Q&A Quest

WheelsWheels RPGamer StaffRPGamer Staff
This week on Q&A Quest Mike Moehnke joins us to discuss old NES era RPGs. We also discuss a variety of more current topics.

Episode 6: You're Just Gonna Play Destiny - Q&A Quest
Ask Wheels- This Week's Episode
sig.gif

Comments

• lolwhoopslolwhoops happy accident HalifaxRPGamer Staff
    i heard of the potion, i didn't know it was god awful. i think it was a clever joke played on the japanese FF fans. Square has been known to troll, see FF7 PS4 announcement.
    lolwhoops: a Gamer's Blog
    ^^is my blog! Updates whenever I feel like it! :D which happens a lot more often now!
    this is my twitter! come twit with me
  • Morgan19Morgan19 Member Full Members
    Completely off-topic, but it's something I've been meaning to ask every time I see one of these pop up: what are the origins of the Q&A Quest artwork (banner and icon)? Is it from a particular game?

http://www.rpgamer.com/qaquest/qaquest.png
    http://www.rpgamer.com/qaquest/qaquest.gif

Thanks!
  • WheelsWheels RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    it's from Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers
    Ask Wheels- This Week's Episode
    sig.gif
  • TexsideTexside Member Full Members
    edited June 2015
    I just listened to this today (busy week!). I've got a question and a fun story, related to the bit about Ultima 1 through 3's... uh... we'll call it questionable design choices.

I work as reference staff in an archive, which mostly involves doing historical research on nineteenth and twentieth US and Texas history for people remotely. We keep a lot of people's papers and collections, though, beyond various famous historical figures, writers, and politicians. This includes Richard Garriott; you can see the index to his papers here.

His "Early Design Material" includes the stuff that inspired Ultima and its predecessor, Akalabeth. It prominently includes materials for his D&D game, which are one and the same. We had some of it on display for awhile when we had a case with various parts of our very cool video game materials there.

And now, for a question or two!

What's this story about Wizardry 4's development process?

Secondly, for someone who has never done a Roguelike but wants to try, what's a good one to start with?