If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Fantasy Gaming Pool 3: Enhanced Edition

191011121315»

Comments

• TG BarighmTG Barighm Member Full Members
    edited May 2016
    Uncharted 4 has been plotted at 93.
  • ShayminShaymin The Gratitude Pokemon Halifax, New SealandFull Members
    Before or after the Washington Post review gets pulled? :P
    "The flowers all over its body burst into bloom if it is lovingly hugged and senses gratitude."
    Twitter | A gaming podcast by grownups | Nintendo World Report news editor
  • redwing42redwing42 Classic Console Junkie Full Members
    Scores starting to roll in for Doom finally, and it is currently at an 80 on PS4, where it has enough reviews to qualify. Decent, but not great. And likely not as good as Overwatch, which means I'll end up in 3rd.
    edited May 2016
    Most sites classify a score of 80 as "great", or at least "very good".
    Shaymin wrote: »
    Before or after the Washington Post review gets pulled? :P

Yeah, I was waiting on that, but it got another dozen or so reviews after it and the score didn't budge. Oh, well.

Btw, gave Battleborn another week. Recorded at 75. I win.

Well, I would win if I could. Still pretty close for those who actually can.
    edited May 2016
    The Xboxers really like DOOM. It's got an 88 on that console and is only a few scores short of meeting the required minimum.

*86 now and at the minimum.
  • TheAnimeManTheAnimeMan Member Full Members
    Might have to pick it up. Not a huge fan of DOOM but well it's one of those cult classic games things
    sig.gif

28 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a mostly annoyed Father with first son. And now a father again to a second son :D

Winner of the 2015-2016 Fantasy gaming Pool
    edited May 2016
    Yeah, it's performing better than I expected. I felt like the game played like a low 80's deal. My only guess is the game's focus on old school style of shooting must be hitting all the right nostalgia notes.

**Recording DOOM at 87.
    Uh, anyone who's planning on making a last minute sub for Kirby Planet Robobobobo(etc)t should know that reviews are coming in roughly 40 hours.
    "The flowers all over its body burst into bloom if it is lovingly hugged and senses gratitude."
    edited May 2016
    Looking at the scoring averages...well, I don't have much faith in Mirror's Edge, but it might come down to a SINGLE point between Anime and Red. Just a few hours to go...

Crap. Mirror's Edge's release date is actually June 7th. That's really close to E3...
    So... ummm.... Overwatch is starting out with a 98. I'm sure it will come down some, but still, I'd like to congratulate my opponent in this race for second. It was a good fight.
    I wouldn't call it yet. The user reviews are quite low, so I'm sure there will be a fair number of content complainers that will drag the score down a good amount.
    edited May 2016
    Yeah, but the user reviews have to probably due with content and comparing it to games that have been out for YEARS in the same genre (Team Fortress 2 I'm looking at you)

Honestly for a brand new IP there are a large of number of characters and they all have slightly different mechanics. That is a lot of content right there. Sure there maybe 12 maps but those maps are not small either.
    sig.gif

and now a mostly annoyed Father with first son. And now a father again to a second son :D

Maybe so, but there are many day 1 games out there that provide far more content for $80.
    TG Barighm wrote: »
    Maybe so, but there are many day 1 games out there that provide far more content for $80.

It's only 60 dollars
    sig.gif

edited May 2016
    Not on PS4.

Not saying the game isn't worth it, but when people argue that the game isn't competitively priced compared to games like DOOM or Uncharted 4 which both feature very enjoyable multiplayer components along with a full campaign...they have a point.
    So...Shaymin would need to score a 98 to beat Anime now.

Should I just call it?
    I mean, Mirror's Edge will be good, but not *that* good.

lWLlj.gif
    I rather wait myself. Cause you never know it could just be THAT good
    sig.gif

Yeah, but there will be no prize this year 'cause my monitor decided to die, so whether or not Anime actually ends up finishing first or what the overall draft order looks like doesn't really mean much this time around. I can always adjust things later.

I also really don't want to wait until just a few days before E3 to announce that I'm done running this game. Feels too much like work. Literally. Watching other peoples' assets for months at a time. Not really talking save for the odd update. Getting kind of dull. I would still play though.

Anyway, Overwatch recorded at 91. Anime wins (officially).
    Pretty close competition this season. The quarterly picks certainly worked better than drafting all up front. Much less likely for a game to get delayed out of the window at that point. Thanks for running it again, TG. I know what a pain it is to track all this stuff.
    My thanks goes out to all my adoring fans (who confuse me with the youtuber with the same nickname). I also wanna thank my family and friends for cheering me on. All the random reviewers who really appreciated most of the games I had picked, and I really wanna thank TG Barighm for hosting this competition this year along with all my fellow competitors who kept this challenge a real nail biter all the way to the end.

HERE'S TO 2016-2017 SEASON BABY.
    sig.gif

edited June 2016
    WINNER!!

TheAnimeMan

FINAL SCORES

TG Barighm-1233
    TheAnimeMan-1225
    Redwing-1220
    Shaymin-1201
    Nim-1188
    LOLwhoops-1157

Draft Order

LOLwhoops
    Nim
    Shaymin
    Redwing
    TheAnimeMan
    TG Barighm
    New Players (or random placement, but never first overall)
    edited June 2016
    Now you guys need to figure out who will run the game next year.
    edited June 2016
    Mirror's Edge Catalyst not scoring anywhere near close enough to win. Recorded at 74. Shaymin would need to score like a low 60 to lose his placing and Mirror's Edge won't end up anywhere near that, so it doesn't matter what its final score is.

Sorry, but it's just too close to E3 to play the waiting game. What you guys SHOULD be doing right now is signing on for next year's game (and finding someone to run it).

**I now declare this year's edition of the Fantasy Gaming Pool complete!
This discussion has been closed.