If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

The 2015 Completed Games List (Part 2)

Comments

• LassicLassic Member Full Members
    Dawn of War 2 (PC)
  • OmbresOmbres Games horder Full Members
    Muramasa Rebirth (PSVita)

So one of the ending done, there seem to be a lot of ending in that game, not sure if I will do it now, but I might return to it sometime!
    Always enjoy all the experience in life, you might gain a level or two.
    sig.gif
  • DravDrav A Serious Man Full Members
    edited December 2015
    Broken Age (PC)

Urgh.

Ok, to be fair some characters in this game are very funny, and some of the puzzles are reasonably clever, but as a whole it's a disaster. There is no coherent story, the characters have no plot arcs, and there are almost no new locations or NPCs after the first third of the game. Dunno what happened at Double Fine, and I'm sure as heck not watching the documentary to find out, but it's so weird for them to mess up such a high profile game that had a lot riding on it. I can think of no better opportunity than this to prove that point-and-click adventure games are still a relevant genre that deserve a real budget, yet somehow this ends up being Schafer's first bad game and the best PnC this year remains the good-not-great Technobabylon by garage-developer Wadjet Eye. I guess it just isn't meant to be.
  • smacdsmacd Full Members
    Mega Man 3 - Gameboy [3DS]

Quite a bit more challenging than it's NES counterparts. Partially due to the modified level design (especially with the MM4 Robot Master levels), as well as the level design taking in to account the limitations of the Gameboy hardware. Another issue is that it feels like 2 separate games, in that the MM3 Robot Master weapons are completely useless once you finish those four and the middle boss. Aside from some design issues, the game itself is pretty well done and I would have loved this game as a kid.
  • TheAnimeManTheAnimeMan Member Full Members
    Do you have the two MMX ones for GBC?
    sig.gif

28 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a mostly annoyed Father with first son. And now a father again to a second son :D

Winner of the 2015-2016 Fantasy gaming Pool
    I don't. For some reason I thought the Xtreme games were just GBC ports, but on second glance they appear to be similar to the GB versions of the classic series. I'll probably pick them up at some point. I don't have MM4 or MM5 for GB on the 3DS VC yet either.
  • LassicLassic Member Full Members
    Dawn of War 2: Chaos Rising (PC)
  • Severin MiraSeverin Mira News Director/Reviewer RPGamer Staff
    Finished Fallout 4 (PS4). It was alright. Had to side with the Minutemen becuase the option to go with the Railroad bugged out. Yay. The conflicts between the factions were all rather dumb really and glad to be done with it really.
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU) | NNID: severinmira
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevvi Taubemira (Leviathan)
    Another run through Dragon Quest IV: Chapters of the Chosen - DS

Is done. I always really love DQIV and it was one of those nice comforting games when I really don't know what I feel like playing.
    sig.gif

and now a mostly annoyed Father with first son. And now a father again to a second son :D

Is done. I always really love DQIV and it was one of those nice comforting games when I really don't know what I feel like playing.

Since you love DQ4, as I do, I highly recommend playing the ios/android version next time around. Two words: Party Chat! It adds so much to the game. The characters were already interesting, but there is a lot of really good stuff in the party chat that fills in their characterization more.

The only downside is you can only have 3 party members (aside from the Hero, who doesn't chat) at a time, so you'd have to play 3+ times to see what everyone has to say.
  • MacstormMacstorm Ysy St. Administrators
    smacd wrote: »

Since you love DQ4, as I do, I highly recommend playing the ios/android version next time around. Two words: Party Chat! It adds so much to the game. The characters were already interesting, but there is a lot of really good stuff in the party chat that fills in their characterization more.

The only downside is you can only have 3 party members (aside from the Hero, who doesn't chat) at a time, so you'd have to play 3+ times to see what everyone has to say.

I would so love for DQXI to take notes from DQIV in terms of party members! Love that game so much.
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
    Yeah if you guys have noticed over the last 3 - 4 years DQ 4 - 6 have made my game list every year. Sadly don't think I have the time to do my DQ5 and 6 playthrough though
    sig.gif

• daveyddaveyd Turn-based lifeform PAFull Members
    edited December 2015
    Finished The Witcher 3 (PC) Overall I enjoyed it and main story was good, but can't help but think the whole open world aspect made for a weaker game. Far too much filler, and too much time spent trying to traverse to various locations for quests. I completed almost every side quest and most of them were pretty good, but some of the monster contracts were redundant.

I suppose I'll have to check out the expansion but I'm kind of glad this is the final Witcher game.. Geralt's story is over. Looking forward to seeing what CDPR does with Cyberpunk. Wouldn't mind another game in the Witcher universe after that though where you could create a character.
    Currently playing (on PC): Hard West, Eisenwald: Blood of November, Dungeon Rats, Wasteland 2, Tahira: Echoes of the Astral Empire

• FoxConfessorFoxConfessor London, EnglandFull Members
    edited December 2015
    I've finished a few games over the last couple of months;

The Wolf Among Us (PC): For the most part this is an enjoyable game, much more action-packed than the Walking Dead in a lot of ways. And some of the characters in this were great. It's much more shorter than the Walking Dead (I finished it in under 8 hours). While this is it's own beast and great in it's own right, I didn't have the same emotional connection to it like I did for the Walking Dead - but I like that Telltale have left this one open for more.

Kingdom Hearts (PS3): Finished this as part of the HD ReMix edition. This isn't one of those games I look at through rose-tinted glasses, and it's not a bad game by any means, I just found this kind of a slog to get through. The one-button mashing wore thin, but the cast of characters were great and the game looks really nice. I have no desire to play any of the others, though.

Mass Effect (PS3): I enjoyed this one. I bought the trilogy from PSN (for super cheap) on the recommendation from my brother. The cast of characters is what makes this game really shine - Tali being one of my favourites in this game. The combat can be a little spotty in places and I have come across a couple of annoying glitches. But finishing this one was pretty painless - I still regret picking male Shepherd, but I'm detirmined to finish all three games - I'm 75% through Mass Effect 2 now (Jack is a badass)

Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 1 (PC): I finally finished this! 50 hours!. I really didn't expect to be engrossed in this game as I was, I got a little obsessed trying to make everything - or at least as much as I could. I know this series is very hit and miss with fans, but I enjoyed it. I don't even care about the fan service-y stuff. From what I have read and watched this was a major improvement from the original - which looks insufferable, I'm glad I played this version. I might even give the other two Re;Birth games a go when I have the time.

Castlevania - Harmony of Dissonance(GBA)

This one was a lot of fun, easier than the one before.
    sig.gif
  • MacstormMacstorm Ysy St. Administrators
    edited December 2015
    Bastion (Vita) - Really enjoyed replaying this one. Love the weapon loadouts, but it didn't hold up as well for me a second time as it did a few years back.
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
  • lolwhoopslolwhoops happy accident HalifaxRPGamer Staff

Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 1 (PC): I finally finished this! 50 hours!. I really didn't expect to be engrossed in this game as I was, I got a little obsessed trying to make everything - or at least as much as I could. I know this series is very hit and miss with fans, but I enjoyed it. I don't even care about the fan service-y stuff. From what I have read and watched this was a major improvement from the original - which looks insufferable, I'm glad I played this version. I might even give the other two Re;Birth games a go when I have the time.

My suggestion would be to play Re;Birth2 and go for as many of the endings as you can, including the conquest and holy sword endings. You'll need to do some work to get all the endings, but that game is easily the best that Neptunia has to offer in my opinion. Nepgear is the only actually good character that they have made thus far. Too bad they kinda crap all over her in Re;Birth3.
    lolwhoops: a Gamer's Blog
    ^^is my blog! Updates whenever I feel like it! :D which happens a lot more often now!
    this is my twitter! come twit with me
  • CronoCrono Member Full Members
    Undertale: PC As much as I loved the game at about the 3/4 mark and I think it has one of the most memorable final boss fights I'm still not gushing over it like everyone else. Great game? Yes. Game of the year, probably not.
  • Severin MiraSeverin Mira News Director/Reviewer RPGamer Staff
    The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky Second Chapter (PSP) is done! So very awesome. For those interested: play time - 54 hours, boss diffficulty abuse - at least 50 times ^^
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU) | NNID: severinmira
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevvi Taubemira (Leviathan)
  • NyxNyx Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff
    Hatoful Boyfriend: Holiday Star (PC) -- So much weaker than the first game. While I thought it was still really funny at times, I had so many little bugs during my playthrough of the last episode that it kinda dampered my experience. :( Also the lack of actual dating was LAMESAUCE (minus the short episode which was still not enough!)
    Anodyne(PC)

an easy Zelda clone, but with some nice twist :smile:
    sig.gif
  • omegabyteomegabyte He's just this guy, you know? RPGamer Staff
    lolwhoops wrote: »

My suggestion would be to play Re;Birth2 and go for as many of the endings as you can, including the conquest and holy sword endings. You'll need to do some work to get all the endings, but that game is easily the best that Neptunia has to offer in my opinion. Nepgear is the only actually good character that they have made thus far. Too bad they kinda crap all over her in Re;Birth3.

Whaaaa? Neptune is the best :P Nepgear is kinda bland by comparison. I actually loved what they did to her in Victory, because they made her blandness into the best running gag in the game.

And yes, the original version WAS insufferable. I suffered through it, so I should know haha. The Re;Birth series is based on the Victory engine, which is disappointingly weaker than mk2's, but still a lot better than the original game.
    God's Final Message to His creation, written in thirty-foot high letters of fire on the side of the Quentulus Quazgar Mountains:
    We Apologize for the Inconvenience
  • lolwhoopslolwhoops happy accident HalifaxRPGamer Staff
    Nepgear was more like a real person instead of a living joke...then V happened. Plutia, or rather Iris Heart is an awful character. Re;Birth3 is a big step back in my opinion.
    lolwhoops: a Gamer's Blog
    ^^is my blog! Updates whenever I feel like it! :D which happens a lot more often now!
    this is my twitter! come twit with me
  • SuccessorMSuccessorM Can't you hear the drums? Full Members
    edited December 2015
    DmC: Devil May Cry - Vergil's Downfall (PC)

Remember all the nice things I said about DmC: Devil May Cry earlier this year? Yeah, scratch most of that praise for this DLC chapter. I've heard it wasn't that great, but I was not expecting this. This is such a disappointment, when considering the main game and the potential that comes from being able to play Vergil. He plays like a dream, sporting a much more technical fighting style to his impulsive brother. However, enemy variety is cut in-half from the main game in addition to just reusing enemy assets like no one's business. Story also isn't the best, but what really drags it down are this really out-of-place minimalist cut-scenes, which completely ignore the game's engaging and varied art-design.

Thankfully, this is very short, so it's not all bad. It's just a shame that we couldn't get better use of Vergil in this game mode. Good thing the special edition of Devil May Cry 4 exists.
    Personally I think the flipside between Plutia and Iris Heart is pretty awesome and the hints that it is her real personality and she suppresses it
    sig.gif

lolwhoops wrote: »
    Nepgear was more like a real person instead of a living joke...then V happened. Plutia, or rather Iris Heart is an awful character. Re;Birth3 is a big step back in my opinion.

But all the characters are a living joke... that's the whole point. Every single character is a stupid caricature in some way, that's what makes them likable! That's why I found Nepgear so bland in mk2 but so awesome in V.
    God's Final Message to His creation, written in thirty-foot high letters of fire on the side of the Quentulus Quazgar Mountains:
  • NyxNyx Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff
    Yakuza 5 (PS3) -- Review to come soon. OMGTHISGAMEANDMYFEELINGS.
  • redwing42redwing42 Classic Console Junkie Full Members
    Long time, no see, Completed Games thread. I guess that's what I get for spending my time on multiple 50+ hour games. In other news, I just finished Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition (XBONE) Very fun, though the controls did not always feel super tight light Meat Boy and Ori did.
  • GaijinMonogatariGaijinMonogatari RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    After much hardship and hair-pulling, I am declaring Volfoss (PSX) to be over and done with. Good riddance. It was strange and creative and very poorly balanced.
    After an absurdly long playtime, I finally finished up The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC (PC)

What a ride