If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

The 2015 Completed Games List (Part 2)

15678911»

Comments

• MacstormMacstorm Ysy St. Administrators
    I also finished...

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC (PSP) - Easily my favorite RPG of the year.
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
  • SuccessorMSuccessorM Can't you hear the drums? Full Members
    Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS (3DS)

I can't believe it, but I completed all of the challenges that mattered to me, ending with defeating the Final Boss on level 9. Now, I'm still going to get Bayonetta when she makes landfall, but the 3DS version is basally all done for me. Pretty good game, really.
  • Severin MiraSeverin Mira News Director/Reviewer RPGamer Staff
    Xenoblade Chronicles X (Wii U) complete! Only took 87 hours.

Has a few issues that prevent it from being a universal recomendation, it is a massive time-sink and not particularly friendly but if people liked the sidequest and exploration stuff from Xenoblade this very much delivers on that front. It's a game that suits me very well.

Also the final chapter is an utter bastard if you don't have any level 50 skells (and said skell NEEDS to survive every battle otherwise you're screwed). Of course, if you do it can end up rather easy...
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU) | NNID: severinmira
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevvi Taubemira (Leviathan)
  • The DoomhammerThe Doomhammer Prod with the Prod Full Members
    Yakuza 5 [PS3] Baseball is serious business.
  • omegabyteomegabyte He's just this guy, you know? RPGamer Staff
    Just finished Human Resource Machine (PC). This is a programming puzzle game by the same guys who did World of Goo and Little Inferno, and it's actually really fun. You're severely limited in the number of operators you can work with, which can make even the simplest programming tasks much more difficult to wrap your head around. The only things you have access to are copy to, copy from, add, subtract, bump+1, bump-1, goto, goto if negative, goto if zero, and memory pointers which you can manipulate like an array. You don't have booleans or basic if/else statements, loops, multiplication or division, you have to figure out workarounds using the few commands you have. It's just slightly higher level than machine code, really. I managed to get through all the programs on my own except for the last optional challenge (which I don't even want to try. it's terrifying) and the final main puzzle, which is also rather complicated. Still, a really fun game if you like programming puzzles.
    God's Final Message to His creation, written in thirty-foot high letters of fire on the side of the Quentulus Quazgar Mountains:
    We Apologize for the Inconvenience
  • smacdsmacd Full Members
    edited December 2015
    Fallout 4 (PC)

Fallout 4 is nearly exactly what I was hoping for from a sequel to Fallout 3/NV - more of the same, with tons of small improvements to the gameplay and mechanics. I was looking forward to spending another 130 hours in the wasteland, exploring and killing mutants and just having a good time. Bethesda found ways to improve the interface in numerous ways, and added a lot of new features such as a new method of power armor usage, and modifying weapons/armor, etc. I very much enjoyed exploring the world, and finding lots of details that spoke stories without actually saying anything. There was a lot of love put into crafting every location.

However the game isn't perfect. The story itself had potential, and at a few points it was interesting, but ultimately felt weak and neither of the outcomes to the main story were particularly good endings. This game felt like it attempted to be a lot more serious than any of the previous Fallout games, and as such the writing felt flat and lacking. The biggest issue however is the location. Everyone knows the basics of Las Vegas, most people are at least vaguely familiar to some degree with Washington DC, but who the hell knows the Boston area, or really gives a crap about it, who doesn't live there? Huge thumbs down for the location, and the writing. There just aren't as many fun and interesting locations/quests in Fallout 4, as there were in Fallout 3 and New Vegas.

As for bugs, in 130 hours all I ever experienced was the occasional disappearing gun texture, and the neverending loading screens. Neither of which were a big deal. Bethesda may be known for bugs, but they seem to improve with each release having fewer and fewer major bugs.

I still disagree with Mac's score. This game is easily a 4.5/5 or better.
  • maryadaviesmaryadavies She Shoots For The Stars Somewhere east of Atlanta, GAModerators
    Final Fantasy 5 (PC) -- I'm a sucker for good FF games on sale, even if the graphics are a little pixel-y. Still the same game ya remember, and just as good as you remember gameplay wise. Just if you go for this, leave your love for pretty graphics at the door. It does include the GBA bonuses, so if you missed it then, get it now.
    93a24222217c9c20a686db8be4676a84.jpg
    My personal page
    New to the boards? Confused? Find the answers here.
  • NyxNyx Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff
    Yo-Kai Watch (3DS) is officially knocked out. This was a weird one for me as there's parts I really enjoyed and other aspects I did not. Review to come and sorry this one took so long you guys (the flaws of being a mood gamer)
  • smacdsmacd Full Members
    edited December 2015
    Secret of Magia (PC)

This game has some potential to be good, but right now it feels incomplete. Some parts of the combat I enjoyed, however many enemies can stun-lock you into a position where you can't do anything but die, and enemies seem to level with you, which means that they are always able to do this. Further, most of the bosses have simple patterns that have "safe" spots that make you nearly invulnerable if you don't move. I would have liked a little more range on the weapons, but as long as you try to remain in a diagonal position from most enemies, you are mostly safe.

The story is where this game really suffers though. The game provides very little direction beyond the very opening (and even then it was not particularly good at giving direction). I ended up actually doing the final 2 dungeons first, as I didn't find the quests necessary to open the first dungeon, and I still have no idea what unlocked that let me get beyond the second dungeon's infinite stairs. And finally, I'm not even really sure what the quest was. The ending seemed a little sudden- I even replayed it and died intentionally because I wasn't sure if I'd actually beaten it the first time (I did).

I don't know much about the developer, or if they are still working on this game, but it feels like an Early Access game. With more time and energy, it could be a lot better than it is.

A Bird Story (PC)

A cute story that seems to be about a boy with an imagination, who likes paper airplanes and finds a hurt bird to bring back to health.

Well designed, but unfortunately hard to consider a "game". The player has even less interaction than with To The Moon, as this game is completely text free and follows a linear path from beginning to end. Its a kinetic novel without words.
  • 7thCircle7thCircle Proofer of the Realm RPGamer Staff
    edited December 2015
    I knocked out Stella Glow (3DS) a few days ago. It was the only handheld game I finished in 2015.

Excellent writing and a well-balanced battle system take this one a long way. The music is great, and combat moves quickly for a TRPG. My only complaint is I wish there were more Free Time in the 1st playthrough. I wanted to see more scenes with the story's characters.

My 8 best characters were (you take 8 into the last battle):
    Alto, Lisette, Popo, Hilda, Sakuya, Rusty, Nonoka, Dante

And the only characters I got max affinity with were:
    Lisette, Popo, Hilda. I liked Hilda's evolved look a lot! Hilda and Lisette became my absolute favorites in battle once they learned all of their abilities.
    The lesson here is that dreams inevitably lead to hideous implosions.
  • redwing42redwing42 Classic Console Junkie Full Members
    edited December 2015
    One more quick game before the year ends: Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (XBONE). I only beat the "Ground Zeroes" mission, but now I'm all caught up on the story and ready to give MGSV a shot. Sometimes I feel like I'm doing some awesome stuff in these games, and sometimes it all comes crashing down. I'm certainly going to try the Side Ops missions and give it a few more runs to play with the systems, but I ran credits, so I wanted to get this on the list for what has ultimately been a pretty light year for me. I've not lessened my gaming time any, but I've been putting lots of time into much longer games, so my list suffers.
  • ClixClix Listmaster Full Members
    edited January 2016
    I will allow one more week for any late additions for the 2015 Completed Games List. Please see new thread for anything completed past this post.
    ClixPsi.png