If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

RPG Backtrack - Episode 146: The White Knight on His Chronicles

JuMeSynJuMeSyn Code: KirinAdministrators
The PlayStation 3 hosted a short-lived series that does not feature Level 5 firing on all cylinders. Talking about this interesting experiment nevertheless makes for an entertaining episode.
Not the best Leonard around.
It's not what he's eating, but what's eating him that makes it ... sort of interesting.

Comments

• VictarVictar Member Full Members
    Great show as usual. I have never heard the descriptor "the more you try to get out of it, the less it will give you" applied to an RPG before, although it might apply to free-to-play RPGs.

When you say White Knight Chronicles 2 encompasses WKC1, do you mean similar to how Evolution Worlds mashed 20% of Evolution 1 and all of Evolution 2 into a single story? Or are you just saying that WKC1's story is retconned out of existence like the story of the original Street Fighter Alpha was retconned/obsoleted by the stories of its sequels?

Or do you mean something else? I am confused on that point.
  • severinmiraseverinmira Managing Editor RPGamer Staff
    edited July 2015
    WKC2 contains the entirity of WKC1 on the disc. As in you get the full single-player game with WKC2's system improvements and whatnot. At the start you can choose from importing a save and continuing from that (assuming you actually completed WKC1 with it), starting at WKC1 with a new level 1 character, or starting at WKC2 with a new level 30 character.
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU) | NNID: severinmira
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevvi Taubemira (Leviathan)
  • VictarVictar Member Full Members
    Thanks. Looks like I'm trading in my copy of of WKC International Edition.

Amazon will give $1 for it.
  • BudaiBudai Paladin Full Members
    I don't know why, but this episode still hasn't shown up my mobile iTunes. Maybe I should restart my phone.
  • ShayminShaymin The Gratitude Pokemon Halifax, New SealandFull Members
    It never got a date in iTunes for some reason. It's probably at the bottom of the feed.
    "The flowers all over its body burst into bloom if it is lovingly hugged and senses gratitude."
    Twitter | A gaming podcast by grownups | Nintendo World Report news editor
  • BudaiBudai Paladin Full Members
    One thing funny about this game is, you can always count on level 5 to have that beautiful art style that looks like animation or drawings. I guess they wanted to try something different. Well it didn't work.