If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

RPGCast - Episode 353: "You're Not A Good Enough GM"

sabin1001sabin1001 Man vs. Slime, the fourth type of conflictMadison, WIAdministrators
RPGCast - Episode 353: "You're Not A Good Enough GM"

Michael Apps ignores his new baby to podcast with us today. That's ok because he's played the new Fire Emblem. Learn if he sided with Nohr or Hoshido on this week's RPGCast!

You can find the links to all our stories on delicious: http://delicious.com/rpgamer/353

RPGCast streams live on Saturday at Noon Eastern / 9 AM Pacific.

Leave your feedback in the following ways!
Post in this thread.
Email us at podcast@rpgamer.com
Leave us a voicemail at (608) 729-4098
Email us an mp3 or m4a voicemail at podcast@rpgamer.com

Download the show: "You're Not A Good Enough GM"
Subscribe to the feed: http://feeds2.feedburner.com/Rpgcast
Subscribe in iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=264306390
179811.png

Comments

• ShayminShaymin The Gratitude Pokemon Halifax, New SealandFull Members
    Hey, Google Docs works now. Now I just have to hope the prices go down as we get closer to launch.

Funny thing about Etrian Odyssey Untold: I saw a grip of copies at the Walmart near my house a few months ago for $20, and these were the first print editions. Remakes may not do as well as fresh content for the Etrian series.
    "The flowers all over its body burst into bloom if it is lovingly hugged and senses gratitude."
    Twitter | A gaming podcast by grownups | Nintendo World Report news editor
  • Strawberry EggsStrawberry Eggs Wannabe Mistborn Lucario Administrators
    I was mentioned a surprising number of times in this episode. Also, you're welcome, Matt from Texas. It's nice to be appreciated. :)

And yay for Steven Universe! It is such a good show. It's the first western cartoon series I've cared about in over a decade.
    Bravely second...
    The courage to try again...

Twitter: BerryEggs

• TexsideTexside Member Full Members
    Hooray for the new Fire Emblem! I'm also stoked. I've been enjoying JRPG July, too. I've mostly done Heavensward for it, but I think I'll play Fire Emblem: Awakening when I'm out of town next week and might also do a Lufia 2: Rise of the Sinistrals playthrough for old times' sake?
  • BudaiBudai Paladin Full Members
    Dang I want to do a lufia 1 and 2 play through sometime soon. Even the original lufia was a favorite of mine. I bought it with my own money when I was in junior high, and sort of lost in the shuffle was just how story heavy/dialogue driven that game was for it's time. Only ff4 had was close to it. At least in America on the consoles. Just wish it didn't have the swing at air if the monster is already dead mechanic.
  • AzilisAzilis Member Full Members
    Chris, some advice on your impossible list of games to get through:
    1) skip the MMOs, or at the very most, play 1 of them . . . they're timesinks that will keep you from finishing other games.
    2) When you're finished with Fallout 2, skip Fallout 3 and play New Vegas. They're basically 2 halves of the same game, but New Vegas has significantly better writing and quest design, and the bugs have been ironed out. You're not going to miss anything major story-wise by foregoing Fallout 3.
    3) Play The Witcher 2. The Witcher is good, but it's a long game and the sequel is the must-play game in the series. Do whatever you have to to get past the first game in the series (cheat or skip it and read a plot summary), and then set aside some time to enjoy The Witcher 2.

And Alice must have been using a faulty Celsius to Fahrenheit converter. 67F is not going to be considered "boiling" or "sweltering" anywhere (even relative to what you're used to). 67 Fahrenheit is just under 20 degrees Celsius. When you say it rarely gets over 25 degrees C in England, that's 77 degrees F.
  • VictarVictar Member Full Members
    When I played Lufia 1, the random encounter rate was tolerable only because someone else had already beaten the game and unlocked a play mode where battles yielded more experience and more money. So I had to grind less, and I could buy infinite items to reduce the encounter rate and/or run away, making the game playable. Lufia 2 was much better in every way.

Like Azilis said, MMOs are endless timesinks. Especially World of Warcraft. Also, the new WoW area (Tanaan Jungle) doesn't have much of a story narrative. It's mostly a place to get catch-up gear for the new raid, Hellfire Citadel.

Chris, if you choose to play WoW at all, just log in to do your daily naval missions and weekly Looking for Raid to progress your legendary quest. Don't worry about the rest. There are new reputations to grind, but you don't have to do their daily quests; you can just find or buy items ("Medallion of the Legion") that give you 1000 reputation each for ALL of them.