If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

RPG Backtrack - Episode 147: The Gods Must Be Crazy

JuMeSynJuMeSyn Code: KirinAdministrators
Following up Deus Ex has proved a difficult task, but developers went ahead anyway. The results have been greatly varied, and we tackle all the ones currently extant.
At least one is a winner.
It's not what he's eating, but what's eating him that makes it ... sort of interesting.

Comments

• BudaiBudai Paladin Full Members
    "I'll drink to that" I laughed harder than I should have when that was said two weeks in a row.
  • JCServantJCServant Certified Polygameist RPGamer Staff
    I blame Mike. He's an enabler.
    Co-Host on RPGBacktrack. Follow me on Twitter and sub to my blog if you would like!
    I think mike was avoiding the usage of rpg "drink word" more than anyone else was.
    Often times, when you tell someone not to do something, you encourage them to do it. ROFL.
    Co-Host on RPGBacktrack. Follow me on Twitter and sub to my blog if you would like!
  • JuMeSynJuMeSyn Code: Kirin Administrators
    Well, there went any hope for constructive discussion, I suppose: up in the blue smoke of burning alcohol.
    It's not what he's eating, but what's eating him that makes it ... sort of interesting.
  • silktailsilktail mild peril Full Members
    Well I did want to talk about FFIV as I've been catching up on episodes, except now I can only remember wanting to talk about Behemoths... which probably just encourage more drinking.

I'm pretty sure those behemoths were set encounters in the previous versions, but you couldn't see where they were. So you could clear them out and never see them again. (I've no idea about the 3D remakes though.)
    I think you need to get Fu So Ya first for an easier time against them, then use something like blink (or reflect?).
    OooOOOOooo...Thank you, Silktail. That's REALLY good to know. But, yes, bringing them back up does want to make me drink.
    silktail wrote: »
    Well I did want to talk about FFIV as I've been catching up on episodes, except now I can only remember wanting to talk about Behemoths... which probably just encourage more drinking.

I'm pretty sure those behemoths were set encounters in the previous versions, but you couldn't see where they were. So you could clear them out and never see them again. (I've no idea about the 3D remakes though.)
    I think you need to get Fu So Ya first for an easier time against them, then use something like blink (or reflect?).

Yeah that's how it was in original version. I think there were three or four of them, and they were like hidden boss fights. I never played the ds version.