If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

RPG Backtrack - Episode 148: Crystal Clear

JuMeSynJuMeSyn Code: KirinAdministrators
Among the annals of NES action RPGs, Crystalis stands tall. It may not be the best game in the system's library, but it deserves some attention, and finally gets some on this episode.
May not represent all Amazonian locations accurately.
It's not what he's eating, but what's eating him that makes it ... sort of interesting.

Comments

• Strawberry EggsStrawberry Eggs Hands off the parfait! Administrators
    I haven't played Crystalis, but as always, it fun to hear about games I've missed. :)

Mostly, I wanted to comment on Phil's suggestion of a "JFPS." While it's actually a third-person shooter, I do think the recently released Splatoon fits most of the criteria. What more, it has actually sold really well in Japan. Shooters of any sort are usually not popular there.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src=" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Bravely second...
    The courage to try again...

Twitter: BerryEggs

• JCServantJCServant Certified Polygameist RPGamer Staff
    I really need to look into that game. Unfortunately, aside from playing a certain SRPG for RPGBacktrack (and getting a jump on SRPGSeptember), Heroes of the Storm has gobbled up what little remaining free time I have at home.
    Co-Host on RPGBacktrack. Follow me on Twitter and sub to my blog if you would like!
  • OmbresOmbres Games horder Full Members
    I really like the idea of making every month a type of RPG, I will try to follow and maybe I will manage to get some game off my backlog :)
    Always enjoy all the experience in life, you might gain a level or two.
    sig.gif
  • JCServantJCServant Certified Polygameist RPGamer Staff
    Awesome, Ombres. You can find out the details at https://jcservant.wordpress.com/rpg-trek/ . This is just something I'm doing for myself, but I open the door for any and all who want to jump in. Just like JRPG, there's no set in stone rules or anything. The main idea is that by having some rough guidelines, and sharing experiences, we encourage each other to greater adventures! Not to mention, I really like reading about what others are doing :)
    Co-Host on RPGBacktrack. Follow me on Twitter and sub to my blog if you would like!