If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

RPGCast - Episode 366: "Amiibo Hoarders"

sabin1001sabin1001 Man vs. Slime, the fourth type of conflictMadison, WIAdministrators
RPGCast - Episode 366: "Amiibo Hoarders"

Nintendo does its best to get Chris to stop building beds in Fallout 4 by offering more Amiibos. Anna has to put down her Animal Crossing cards long enough to pre-order Fire Emblem Fates. And when Alice isn't pledging her life to Aiur, she's playing Final Fantasy...XI...still?

You can find the shownotes here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hLXOun1ZxUP6E_vRgsLTdrSzy7q-h4iCHJt3EDYuKRs/pubhtml

RPGCast streams live on Saturday at Noon Eastern / 9 AM Pacific.

Leave your feedback in the following ways!
Post in this thread.
Email us at podcast@rpgamer.com
Leave us a voicemail at (608) 729-4098
Email us an mp3 or m4a voicemail at podcast@rpgamer.com

Download the show: "Trailers"
Subscribe to the feed: http://feeds2.feedburner.com/Rpgcast
Subscribe in iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=264306390
179811.png

Comments

• BudaiBudai Paladin Full Members
    I'll be getting dq7 remake. Granted I have recently replayed both original version, but dq7 is a must buy for multiple reasons.
  • PowerlordPowerlord Spy, gentlemen! Full Members
    edited November 2015
    RPGCast must have been short this week.

I accidentally fell asleep again after getting up, so I tuned in at around 1pm EST to see what was going on, but it was already over.
    Budai wrote: »
    I'll be getting dq7 remake. Granted I have recently replayed both original version, but dq7 is a must buy for multiple reasons.

I see I'm not the only one getting DQ7's remake. I want to replay the original version, but it does drag on a bit.
  • Severin MiraSeverin Mira News Director/Reviewer RPGamer Staff
    Trails things! AFAIK the time limit for quests simply refers to plot advancement rather than any actual running clock. Also the game is friendly when it comes to losing battles in that it simply lets you retry the battle but lowers the difficulty for that battle, something I very much abused in the final boss :D
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU) | NNID: severinmira
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevvi Taubemira (Leviathan)
  • PawsPaws Purr RPGamer Staff
    Yeah, I didn't explain that well, but I don't believe the time limits are clarified particularly well in game. Also, I'm very bad at maps. As to the latter, hmm. So if one of your chars dies, is it better to let everyone die and retry?
  • Severin MiraSeverin Mira News Director/Reviewer RPGamer Staff
    True, I wouldn't worry too much if you don't max all the BP stuff though. There are a few nice bonuses if you get everything but defintely not a huge deal if you miss them.

Perhaps, depends on how far away you are from nearest place you can do the healy stuff and how quickly you are likely to kill everyone :P I only really did the deliberate dying thing on the rare boss battles I had problems with, andm ostly just for the difficulty drop.
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU) | NNID: severinmira
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevvi Taubemira (Leviathan)
  • ChaosDroneChaosDrone New Member Full Members
    Trails things! AFAIK the time limit for quests simply refers to plot advancement rather than any actual running clock. Also the game is friendly when it comes to losing battles in that it simply lets you retry the battle but lowers the difficulty for that battle, something I very much abused in the final boss :D

I haven't played AFAIK, but that reminds me of the Lufia remake for the 3DS. Loss a boss fight? Want to try in again, except with your characters fully healed and their levels increased by 10?
  • ShayminShaymin The Gratitude Pokemon Halifax, New SealandFull Members
    I got spoiled about Dragon Quest and Cloud back to back because of my side gig at Nintendo World Report.

That was some serious emotional whiplash, going from "YES! YES! YES!" to "...lolwut".
    "The flowers all over its body burst into bloom if it is lovingly hugged and senses gratitude."
    Twitter | A gaming podcast by grownups | Nintendo World Report news editor
  • OcelotOcelot is not declawed RPGamer Staff
    You work at Nintendo World Report? Neat! That's a good site. :)
    Becky Cunningham, Staff-at-Large
    Twitter: BeckyCFreelance
  • MacstormMacstorm Ysy St. Administrators
    Shaymin wrote: »
    I got spoiled about Dragon Quest and Cloud back to back because of my side gig at Nintendo World Report.

That was some serious emotional whiplash, going from "YES! YES! YES!" to "...lolwut".

And I called BS on the Cloud thing, but THEY SHOWED ME!
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
  • bobbywatsonbobbywatson Random guy Full Members

That's funny, I never realized that subsequent attempts at fighting a boss were easier... Here I was thinking that my improved strategies had worked in my favor. That'll teach me!

Anyway; I started playing SC and so far, I'm kinda disappointed: The game sent me back to Ruan, and all the enemies are the same, only stronger. I'm still enjoying it, but I was looking forward to new areas... Then again this is only the beginning, so maybe things improve later...
  • VictarVictar Member Full Members
    I plan to preorder the Dragon Quest 8 re-release. I'm looking forward to that one.

World of Warcraft is trying to keep subscribers like Chris from quitting with a new patch, currently set for release Tuesday Nov. 17, which brings back Valor Points. Valor Points can be earned through Mythic Dungeons, one's first daily Heroic Dungeon, weekly event quests, or Looking for Raid.

Valor Points can be used to power up character weapons and armor an extra 10 item-levels. This is potentially a significant power boost for guilds that have been struggling to kill Hellfire Citadel raid bosses like Heroic Archimonde.

The Nov. 17 patch also adds a special quest item that can be looted off of Heroic Archimonde - every player that defeats him can use this item to experience a quest chain and receive a flying moose mount. The quest chain and the mount will be removed from the game with the upcoming Legion expansion (which is almost certainly several months away, at least).

I am certain that guilds on virtually every server will sell Heroic Archimonde "moose carries" for in-game gold, especially now that in-game gold can be used to purchase subscription time via the WoW Token system.

Will this patch prevent you, personally, from quitting WoW? I'm guessing the answer is "no." :)
    edited November 2015
    Apparently Chris and Anna were offline when I tried checking Saturday. Whoops.
  • TexsideTexside Member Full Members
    Fun episode to listen to! I like your news story breakdown and everything too; when I've been very busy and couldn't check the site regularly, it was a way to get a quick summary of everything that happened.

I'm also super excited for DQ7 and DQ8. I'll definitely get them both when they come out.
  • silktailsilktail mild peril Full Members
    I don't know what Chris has against the touchscreen Zelda games, they seemed to score well with reviewers here.
    I guess it wouldn't appeal to those people who must have virtual controllers on their apps though.

So Linkle, a female version of Link? Do you think it's going to turn out that she's another, another Zelda in disguise?/Link's younger sister?/Perhaps a nod to the androgynous Link in the new Zelda game?/Goddamn wearing girl's clothes again, Tingle?

Personally I'm thinking that they just wanted to put Crossbow Training Link in, but that ended up being too similar to the normal Link (not to mention the other Link and... Link?), so they decided to made them into a female character instead.
    That would be why they designed them with a similar spin attack, except it's now become a spinning bird kick.

And talking about female alts to the main hero...

While I am glad that Cloud has potentially brought the whole Final Fantasy series into Super Smash Bros. Do you think we are now going to see lots of people petitioning to get his female counterpart into the game too?

Or to put it another way: <font size="-1">X-DRESSED CLOUD COSTUME FOR SUPER SMASH BROS. PURLEASE !!!</font>

<font size="-2">#GoddamnWearingGirl'sClothesAgain,Cloud , #WiiMissMissCloud , #FanService</font>
  • jscarpejscarpe Member Full Members
    Anna, hope you are enjoying TitS so far. My only bit of advice is spend some time talking to the NPC's; they have a lot of character and color that stretches across both games. It has been fun in SC to see those NPC's continue to develop; like catching up with old friends.

For the Nintendo Direct, it's funny the disconnect that can exist between mainstream gaming sites and RPG focused ones. While everyone who likes RPG's was flipping out about the direct, it seems outside the Cloud announcement the rest of it drew a collective shrug. Oh well, I'm seriously excited for the Fire Emblem special edition and the Dragon Quest games as well.