If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

RPGCast - Episode 368: "Switzerland That **** Up"

sabin1001sabin1001 Man vs. Slime, the fourth type of conflictMadison, WIAdministrators
RPGCast - Episode 368: "Switzerland That **** Up"

Sam Wachter tries to convince us that Moco Moco Friends' Plushkins are not Pokémon. Anna Marie goes through all the feels. Chris continues his therapy to come to terms with Fallout 4. And Alice swears like a sailor.

You can find the shownotes here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hLXOun1ZxUP6E_vRgsLTdrSzy7q-h4iCHJt3EDYuKRs/pubhtml

RPGCast streams live on Saturday at Noon Eastern / 9 AM Pacific.

Leave your feedback in the following ways!
Post in this thread.
Email us at podcast@rpgamer.com
Leave us a voicemail at (608) 729-4098
Email us an mp3 or m4a voicemail at podcast@rpgamer.com

Download the show: "Trailers"
Subscribe to the feed: http://feeds2.feedburner.com/Rpgcast
Subscribe in iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=264306390

Question of the Week: Black Friday is this week. What did you buy? What interesting things happened while you were out. What were your favorite deals?
179811.png

Comments

• I got a modded SNES mini! It plays SFC, SNES; the SCART, and SVideo was soldered back in. I also picked Gundam Wing Endless Duel (it's a real pretty and fun fighter) for $15, and another ASCII controller. Now if I could just find a cheap RGB monitor, S video is pretty good but... you know. Black friday, the EBay seller was offering free shipping on the console. My SNES was an early model (It looks like it needed a diaper with all that yellowing), and I'm kind of excited to have a smaller unit with better video quality.
  • BudaiBudai Paladin Full Members
    edited December 2015
    N/m
  • ShayminShaymin The Gratitude Pokemon Halifax, New SealandFull Members
    Ah yes, the haul. Turns out I had some good luck at Konami's recent output, so I was able to get some extra cash, and had a few trades as well.

Wii U: Kirby's Return to Dreamland, The Legend of Kay HD, Don't Starve: Giant Edition, Adventures of Pip, Mario Golf, the Angry Video Game Nerd game and Alphadia Genesis (cheap plug)
    3DS: Luigi's Mansion, Rune Factory 4, AVGN again because I couldn't decide what platform, and A-Train (cheap plug 2)
    PSN: Amnesia: Memories, Double Dragon Neon

[redacted] last week was Xenoblade Chronicles X, because I reviewed it.
    "The flowers all over its body burst into bloom if it is lovingly hugged and senses gratitude."
    Twitter | A gaming podcast by grownups | Nintendo World Report news editor
  • VictarVictar Member Full Members
    Yo-Kai watch does let the player be a girl. You play as Nate if you're the boy, Katie if you're the girl; I think both are characters in the Yo-Kai anime. You can also rename your chosen character. The character you didn't pick is in the game as an NPC.

So, Yo-Kai Watch deserves credit for being more friendly to girls than Moco Moco Friends is to boys. Just sayin'.

By the way, I'm adding Moco Moco Friends to the list of "RPGs I had no idea existed and learned about only through RPGamer". Thanks for the tip. I may pick it up at some point.

I bought a few digital games on sale during Black Friday. DOOORS on the 3DS, which turned out to be a short (3 hours) but amusing puzzle game. Trine 2, Legend of Kai Anniversary Edition, and The Book of Unwritten Tales 2 on the PS3; all three games had deep discounts.

Normally I don't buy digital games unless they're digital-only. But sometimes buying a physical game, playing it, and then reselling it on eBay is still a more expensive prospect than simplying buying a deeply discounted digital game.
  • NyxNyx Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff
    I was so confused when I started up Moco Moco Friends when I started to realize there wasn't a single boy in the game. Yokai Watch, having started it now is doing a much, much better job of balancing genders... though not by much!

Moco is loco cute though. :)
  • silktailsilktail mild peril Full Members
    Wow, Chris just laughs in the face of horror games now!

So this year, I image there will be something truly horrific inside his stocking for him to get his laughing chops round<font size="+2"> ... </font><font size="-1">and no, I don't mean his foot.</font>