If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

PlayStation 4 Gets Two Level-5 Classics

severinmiraseverinmira Managing EditorRPGamer Staff
PlayStation 2 classics are on their way to Sony's newest console. In amongst the first batch of titles are two Level-5 RPGs.

[ Story ]
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU) | NNID: severinmira
Final Fantasy XIV: Sevvi Taubemira (Leviathan)

Comments

• KiraluciKiraluci Full Members
    edited December 2015
    Bought Rogue Galaxy today and already played it for 3 hours straight! Dark Cloud and Rogue Galaxy are 2 games I haven't played yet because they are quite hard to be found today and when you find them they're quite expensive. So, it's a good idea. Especially for people who haven't played some of these PS2 games they offer on the PS4 with trophy features ^^. But for those who already have them....it's hard to tell them they have to pay again on the PS4...
  • lolwhoopslolwhoops happy accident HalifaxRPGamer Staff
    there is a technique that the main character can learn that basically makes a large chunk of the game easy to get through. That stops when you fight a lot of monsters that require aerial attacks. Not gonna spoil how, though I'm sure there are guides. I actually wouldn't mind picking this one up, even though i have a physical ps2 copy.
    lolwhoops: a Gamer's Blog
    ^^is my blog! Updates whenever I feel like it! :D which happens a lot more often now!
    this is my twitter! come twit with me
  • TheAnimeManTheAnimeMan Member Full Members
    I'll wait on it but I do own it for the PS2 as well
    sig.gif

28 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a mostly annoyed Father with first son. And now a father again to a second son :D

Winner of the 2015-2016 Fantasy gaming Pool
  • BudaiBudai Paladin Full Members
    Dark cloud 2 deserves to be next.
  • lolwhoopslolwhoops happy accident HalifaxRPGamer Staff
    very much agree, Budai. I never beat Dark Cloud because I got so bored of it. Every dungeon the same thing over and over. I heard that Dark Cloud 2 made improvements, but I haven't found a copy I've wanted to buy and I stopped looking a while ago. I liked making the town the way I wanted them and making them as good as possible. It as satisfying to give everyone what they wanted from the restored village.
    lolwhoops: a Gamer's Blog
    ^^is my blog! Updates whenever I feel like it! :D which happens a lot more often now!
    this is my twitter! come twit with me
  • BudaiBudai Paladin Full Members
    Dark cloud 2 did get a tad repetitive, but it's just such a more charming game than the first one. The art style being a big part of it. I never played rogue Galaxy, and I've heard a similar complaint about it being repetitive.
  • smacdsmacd Full Members
    edited April 21
    deleted.
  • mooserockamooserocka New Member Full Members
    So wait when are psclassics on ps4 I thought they were only for ps3
  • PawsPaws Purr RPGamer Staff
    mooserocka wrote: »
    So wait when are psclassics on ps4 I thought they were only for ps3

Did you...read the story?
  • smacdsmacd Full Members
    edited April 21
    deleted.
  • TGBarighmTGBarighm Member Full Members
    edited December 2015
    How's the emulation? I haven't seen any complaints yet, but there's usually something wrong. I'm wondering if I should hold off until they polish the emulator a bit more.

I never got to play Rogue Galaxy, so this works for me. I tried to rent it once, but the disc was too badly damaged for my PS2 to read. It was either this or ESO Unlimited for $28. I think I made the right choice.
  • SpartakusSpartakus One Knight Stand Full Members
    Rogue Galaxy is a great action RPG and because of the cel shaded graphics it still looks good.
  • Level-5 has rarely let me down, and I've sold my old copies of these games, so it'll be good to experience them anew on my PS4.
  • WheelsWheels RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    But only one of these games is a classic...

(sorry drinking too much Dark Cloud haterade)

Cool to see PS2 emulation, but where the heck is PS1 emulation? There's no excuse not to have that on the dang system. Hope they add to this regularly as I'd love to have some of the Atlus classics that showed up on PS3 on PS4 for streaming purposes.
    Ask Wheels- This Week's Episode
    sig.gif
  • ExodusExodus Member Full Members
    Not so good memories of Rogue Galaxy. What a painful slog that was.