If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

"A Year of..." 2016 poll (sort of)

2»

Comments

• smacdsmacd Full Members
    edited January 2016
    How about a Mario RPG for April (paper mario series, mario & luigi series, super mario RPG)? We had a new one this month, and several of us probably have one on our backlog. Several are available on the Wii U store now as well.

My other suggestion would be Etrian Odyssey or SMT (non-Persona). I wouldn't mind an excuse to play one of either.

it might be easier to make suggestions if we know what the months beyond March are going to be?
  • Strawberry EggsStrawberry Eggs Wannabe Mistborn Lucario Administrators
    edited January 2016
    Bravely Second comes out in North America on April 15, but I can't for the life of me think of a theme to include it. Games with job systems? That would be too broad...
    Bravely second...
    The courage to try again...

Twitter: BerryEggs

• ClixClix Listmaster Full Members
    edited January 2016
    Maybe a month for the B-series of Square Enix? Basically anything not DQ, FF, or KH that received more than one entry. Still broad but a bit more grounded.

Examples of possible series for that month would be:

SaGa
    Mana
    Chrono
    Deus Ex
    Star Ocean*
    Parasite Eve
    Front Mission
    Valkyrie Profile*
    Bravely Default
    Chaos Rings*
    Drakengard*
    Ogre Battle
    Brave Fencer Musashi
    Lufia*

The ones with asterisks are just their published RPG series, so they may not want to count. Also, Drakengard might be doable for Nier 2 later this year.
    ClixPsi.png
  • daveyddaveyd Turn-based lifeform PAFull Members
    We shouldn't make exceptions for a single person, daveyd. The Atelier month I originally wasn't going to take part in if it hadn't been for the cheap Mana Khemia: Student Alliance game on PSP/Vita, and if I hadn't had liked it I would have sat the month out. Should I have asked for a different month just because I didn't like the game? That's unfair to everybody else, don't you think?

Yes, but that's not at all what I was asking for. I was suggesting something else for a future month.
    Currently playing (on PC): Hard West, Eisenwald: Blood of November, Dungeon Rats, Wasteland 2, Tahira: Echoes of the Astral Empire

• PawsPaws Purr RPGamer Staff
    While they own it nowadays, has SE ever actually published a Lufia game?
  • TheAnimeManTheAnimeMan Member Full Members
    Paws wrote: »
    While they own it nowadays, has SE ever actually published a Lufia game?

Yes, the re-imaging of Lufia: Rise of the Sinistrals that was complete crap
    sig.gif

28 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a mostly annoyed Father with first son. And now a father again to a second son :D

Winner of the 2015-2016 Fantasy gaming Pool
  • PawsPaws Purr RPGamer Staff
    I knew they developed it, but I didn't know they'd published it (turns out they did, in Japan.) I stand corrected!
  • PimpaliciousPimpalicious Member Full Members
    Dark Souls III releases in mid-April so maybe Souls month? (or From Software month so King's Field is also in)
    Also Stranger of Sword City releases end of March so it could lead into DRPG month(first person dungeon crawlers Etrian Odyssey, Shining in the Darkness, Wizardry, etc) Not sure how popular either would be though.

The SE and Mario suggestions are good also, I'd possibly participate.
    I'd be more down for a From Soft month then just Souls. I'm not a fan of Souls or at least not it's concept
    sig.gif

and now a mostly annoyed Father with first son. And now a father again to a second son :D

• NimNim _ Full Members
    "Souls" like month? I'm playing Salt and Sanctuary. It's basically a Souls game mixed with metroidvania exploration. My personal GOTY so far.
    Well if that's the case I might go back and work on a few of the previous months stuff only cause now I have the time <.<
    sig.gif

• redwing42redwing42 Classic Console Junkie Full Members
    Souls month for April, but I don't have a problem including "Souls" -like games or other From Soft games. For themes that are supposed to be a bit more broad this time, limiting it to 4 games (Bloodborne included) doesn't seem great.
    My biggest issue so far this year is about a month ago my schedule changed temporarily at work to where I work 1600 - 0030. So I can't play my consoles before work cause Sons still awake and I don't wanna play them after I get home cause I'll go to bed shortly there after. So Hand Helds have been my saving grace during this, part of how I was able to destroy 4 Fire Emblems in under a month.
    sig.gif