If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Backlogging the Year 2016 Pledge

NyxNyx Staff Girly GirlRPGamer Staff
edited January 2016 in Miscellaneous Gaming
As many of you know, I did a feature awhile back called Backloggin' the Year (which I missed out on doing in 2014 due to personal reasons, and 2015's will be arriving soonish!). The idea of this thread is to pledge yourself five games in your backlog that darn it you want to get to and possibly complete (or get as DONE as you feel). If it takes you all of 2016 to tackle these five games, that's cool! There's no competition here, only motivating each other through the backlog that let's face it, a lot of us have, and a lot of us look at go "OMG" at (or maybe that is just me!).

They don't specifically have to be RPGs, just any five games that you really just want to get to in the new year. If they are RPGs, great! If you manage to beat your five, feel free to pledge another few you'd like to get to.

Here's the five in my backlog that I want to complete:

1) Undertale (PC)
2) Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana (PS2)
3) Tales of Zestiria (PS4)
4) Dragon Quest IX (DS)

And number five I'm going to let you guys pick for me. Here's all the games I own listed via Backloggery.

I hope some of you will join me in this. You don't have to pledge five, maybe there's just one game that you want to get through because it's bugging you! Maybe you are going to participate in the Year Of event on our forums and you want to tailor your challenge to that. Maybe you're participating in Chic Pixel's Monthly Gaming Challenge and you have games that fit that event! Whatever the reason! This is a casual, fun challenge.

I hope you guys will join me in this. Here's to playing some fantastic games in 2016!

Comments

• ClixClix Listmaster Full Members
    edited December 2015
    I vote for Lost Odyssey for your fifth title of the year. Like most Mistwalker titles, it is kind of wonky, but I still believe it is their strongest title and a solid contender for the Top 5 RPGs of the 360.

As for myself, I don't even quite know where to begin. I know that I will be at least tackling some of my old purchases next year. Only new games on my horizon for 2016 are Fire Emblem Fates, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Eyes of Heaven, and Tales of Berseria.

If anyone wishes to make suggestions, here is my backlog.
    ClixPsi.png
  • lolwhoopslolwhoops happy accident HalifaxRPGamer Staff
    I have a few things I would like to finish that aren't games I'm currently playing. More than 5, but I'll try and trim it down a bit.

Atelier Arland trilogy - I started Rorona and kinda forgot about it. It suffers from being on PS3 and I play Vita/3DS the most. I could get the Vita versions, but I'd like to stick with what I already have.

Etrian Mystery Dungeon/ Etrian 2 Untold - started these about the same time and they got put aside for newer stuff. I like Etrian games, so these two will at least be fun, if long and grindy.

Legend of Legacy - I took it out of my 3DS to try a new game then moved almost all my games out of my room and thus it was lost to the pile. I was clearing out a swamp.

Ratchet and Clank games - I have a lot of these and I am starting to think that maybe I should play more of them. Seems like a good idea.

Neptunia Re;Birth3 and HyperDevotion Noire - I keep getting distracted from Re;Birth3 and I just plain old haven't opened Noire yet.

It's a fair and doable list. I just need to hunker down and play my PS3 more.
    lolwhoops: a Gamer's Blog
    ^^is my blog! Updates whenever I feel like it! :D which happens a lot more often now!
    this is my twitter! come twit with me
  • DarkRPGMasterDarkRPGMaster A Witness to Destruction Moderators
    1. Tales of Zesteria (PS4)

2. Final Fantasy Type-0 (PS4)

3. Watchdogs (PS4)

4. Tales of Hearts R (Vita)

5. Epic Mickey (Wii)

All of which I got distracted from. I swear I will finish these this year.
    "Yes, because apparently blindly jumping headfirst into a firefight without a grasp on the situation or any combat experience is a sign of genius these days."
  • smacdsmacd Full Members
    edited January 2016
    This year I want to try to finish off my backlogs for 3 of my older systems.

On DS:
    Etrian Odyssey 2
    Etrian Odyssey 3
    Final Fantasy Tactics A2

On Wii:
    Metroid Prime Trilogy
    Arc Rise Fantasia
    LoZ Skyward Sword
    Donkey Kong Country Returns

On 360:
    Shining Force 2 (in progress)
    Final Fantasy 13-2
    Lightning Returns
    Kingdom of Amalur
    Sherlock Holmes vs Jack the Ripper
    Star Ocean 4
    The Witcher 2
    several XBLA titles
    and maybe even some achievement cleanup for games I played a long time ago

I finished 60 games in 2015, but I don't think my completion rate will be nearly as high in 2016 given my baby boy coming in April.
  • NyxNyx Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff
    edited January 2016
    Nice choices, guys! Hopefully you get through a pile of them!

So I need to make some changes since I knocked one of these games out... I may just add a new choice every time I beat one just see how my backlog progress is going, so here's the new list! I really want to knock older games out of my backlog this year, because last year... I did all right, but I like seeing how much I can get out of my backlog a year. :)

1) Undertale (PC)
    2) Last Word (PC)
    3) Tales of Zestiria (PS4)
    4) Dragon Quest IX (DS)
    5) Lost Odyssey (360)

Completed:

Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana (PS2)
    Remember Me (PS3)