If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

2016 - A Year of Themes - Jan - Atelier games

13»

Comments

• PimpaliciousPimpalicious Member Full Members
    smacd wrote: »
    I just realized that Esty Dee's name is a pun.

If I recall NISA tried to say that wasn't intentional.
    Nyx wrote: »
    So my goal before the end of the month is to try and at least have Atelier Escha & Logy Plus completed, with the review following as soon as I have a free moment to write it (work is nuts for the next two weeks). Currently I just completed Assignment 6 and am now in Free Time, so I'm trying to grind a bit as well as fill in more of the bingo card. There's a super nasty boss in this game that I hated the first time around, so I'm trying to craft the best equipment, as well as grind a few levels to make sure I don't have the same issues I did the first time I played it (mind you, every person I talked to who played it back on PS3 hated that boss and had trouble with it). So here's hoping I can push on through and have it completed before we start on FF month!

...which yes, as an FF hater, I'm going to participate in. I never beat FFX, and I have a half started playthrough waiting to be completed!

There is only one boss I had trouble with during the first playthrough and he murdered my team. From what I can tell it was missable because I went back and he didn't appear again for that run. He was really easy in newgame+ though. The powered up version of the final boss was the hardest for me(which I think can only be done on a second playthrough iirc), had to repeat that several times.
  • DarkRPGMasterDarkRPGMaster A Witness to Destruction Moderators
    So apparently there are 3 Ninetails instead of just the 1 in the last job...thanks NIS America, 1 I can easily tell was already tough enough due to negating item usage, throwing curses and poison out at everyone, and using the ultimate elemental spells IN THE GAME on the party! But 3 of them? I'm tempted to ignore this and just finish the game, because I've already read that this is harder than the final boss fight of the game.
    "Yes, because apparently blindly jumping headfirst into a firefight without a grasp on the situation or any combat experience is a sign of genius these days."
    Okay, down to the final chapter of Mana Khemia. R's ending path is go, and I've created all I can before this final dungeon. Everybody's Grow Books are at 97-99% completion, 8 Aroma Materials have been made and equipped to guarantee that my party will never be hit by a status ailment ever again, and all have their final armors. The final dungeon drops the final weapons and the final grow book %s with it, so tomorrow I'm heading towards the finale. Crap has really hit the fan this final chapter so far, and I believe only one gif can state how it feels.

a7e.gif
    "Yes, because apparently blindly jumping headfirst into a firefight without a grasp on the situation or any combat experience is a sign of genius these days."
  • smacdsmacd Full Members
    I managed to take down the Wyvern last night. I have no idea what changed, I did a little alchemy and all the sudden Sterk and Gino were regenerating HP during battle. I don't recall making any equipment changes for them. I made a pretty badass Meteor, and took my time battling my way to the Wyvern rather than beelining, and the extra levels and whatnot seemed to really help. He went down really quickly, though mostly due to Gino and Sterk getting special attacks that did like 2.5k damage each.

I also leveled up my kingdom to level 8. Whoo a whole bunch more tasks to work on now. I think I have two more years in game to work on tasks and build up all my equipment for the NG+ run.

I haven't gotten nearly as much time in this week as I wanted. The wife has had a pretty cruddy work schedule, and since my gaming time relies on her being asleep to get up early for work while I'm home in the evenings, yeah...
    Mana Khemia is done, and R's ending has been obtained. Fun game, I just wonder if any of the other games use the time system similarly to this one, because it was very lenient on the time you needed to complete things.
  • TheAnimeManTheAnimeMan Member Full Members
    Would have a spiritual related game of Ar Tonelico count <.<
    sig.gif

28 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a mostly annoyed Father with first son. And now a father again to a second son :D

Winner of the 2015-2016 Fantasy gaming Pool
  • redwing42redwing42 Classic Console Junkie Full Members
    Finished with Chapter 4 of Mana Khemia. The addition of support attacks makes me feel like I can just wreck shop whenever I want. Wondering if the challenge will be jumping soon to compensate.
    redwing42 wrote: »
    Finished with Chapter 4 of Mana Khemia. The addition of support attacks makes me feel like I can just wreck shop whenever I want. Wondering if the challenge will be jumping soon to compensate.
    Oh it will be, especially from the bosses. Prepare to have to play smart with the supports.
  • riulynriulyn Member Full Members
    My friend lolwhoops was telling me about Atelier month here and I've been to distracted by Atelier Ayesha and Atelier Escha&Logy to post haha. There's something about Atelier games to me. I feel like they should be games that you can pick up and put down whenever, since you can save pretty often, but instead I just stay up late playing them. I don't really need the Plus versions of these games since I didn't do any of the DLC areas in Ayesha Plus, but I do like having them on my Vita. I have to say, playing Escha in Escha&Logy right now, that so far (as of Assignment 6) E&L seems a lot easier on the alchemy usage than Ayesha. Ayesha was basically nothing without her items, while Escha feels really similar to Rorona. She even sounds like Rorona to me.

I have to say, I prefer having more obvious time deadlines and/or achievable tasks in Atelier games instead of loose "get something done by the end" games. I feel like it gives the game a bit more narrative direction and character development. Like I didn't mind Ayesha's "these are steps to accomplish on the way to the final goal with deadline at 3 years", though I think having some idea whether or not you are taking too long to do a task would be nice. Last fall I played Atelier Liese. It was a nice diversion (and some Japanese practice) but I never could tell if I was on pace to get anywhere near a good ending. I also never connected with the main character, which I at least did with Ayesha.

Anyway, it was nice to see a bunch of posts relating to Atelier games here. I don't plan on participating in FF month because I'm traveling and I also want to finish a few games off instead (if I can). I'll be back for March, though.
    edited February 2016
    I have about 2 months left in my first Meruru run. I think I ultimately fell a little short of time to complete any of the specialized task endings, due to not bothering to make enough of the time saving items early enough. So I am working now on getting the best equipables set up now before the end of the game, in preparation for NG+. I'm not too bothered, since NG+ is required to plat in Meruru, so having some kick-butt equipment early on will really help save a lot of time. I anticipate my NG+ run to take significantly less time than my original run.

I managed to get my Kingdom to lv9, and I got to the point where Airshatter is supposed to be at Mt Velus, though I doubt I'll have time to make a run against him (maybe though). I finished the first phase of the Endless Corridor, but just got a letter stating there was a new phase, which I probably won't get to. I believe I finished development on all of the development sites, since I no longer have any tasks for any of them.
  • PoonaroonPoonaroon Full Members
    I know it's March but I just had a question that I didn't want to make a new topic for. In Meruru, can you get the "About Time" ending on the first playthrough or is it only new game plus?
    You should be able to trigger About Time without going to NG+.