If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Episode 20: Best and Worst of 2015 - Q&A Quest

WheelsWheels RPGamer StaffRPGamer Staff
This week in Q&A Quest, we discuss the best and worst games of 2015. Naturally, more time is spent on the worst.

Episode 20: Best and Worst of 2015 - Q&A Quest
Ask Wheels- This Week's Episode
sig.gif

Comments

• BudaiBudai Paladin Full Members
    This episode isn't showing up as new in iTunes. Not sure if that matters or not, just a heads up.
  • WheelsWheels RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    edited January 2016
    Odd, I'll just double check the rss file and make sure nothing is incorrect.
    sig.gif
  • VictarVictar Member Full Members
    If Destiny gets 2015 awards because it had new content, then shouldn't World of Warcraft (or other MMOs, I suppose) be credited for their new content? WoW in particular got the Blackrock Foundry raid unlocked early in 2015, and patch 6.2 with the Tanaan Jungle zone and the Hellfire Citadel raid added in the summer of 2015.

Then again, I think WoW's award for 2015 is "most subscribers lost in a year", since despite the introduction of the WoW token, the subscription numbers plummeted so low that Blizzard has stated they won't release the numbers to the public anymore in the future.

By the way, this show made me want to play the visual novels that have been sitting in my backlog for over a decade. I laughed so hard when I heard "We're not doing this now... WE'RE NOT DOING THIS NOW!"
  • BudaiBudai Paladin Full Members
    Question- what do you two think about the new final fantasy adventure remake? I'm going to get a little opinionated here, and say this game looks ugly as sin. Almost all the hallmarks of things I dislike visually it's hitting. Feel free to disagree, it's all for the sake of discussion.
  • WheelsWheels RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    Victar wrote: »
    If Destiny gets 2015 awards because it had new content, then shouldn't World of Warcraft (or other MMOs, I suppose) be credited for their new content? WoW in particular got the Blackrock Foundry raid unlocked early in 2015, and patch 6.2 with the Tanaan Jungle zone and the Hellfire Citadel raid added in the summer of 2015.

Then again, I think WoW's award for 2015 is "most subscribers lost in a year", since despite the introduction of the WoW token, the subscription numbers plummeted so low that Blizzard has stated they won't release the numbers to the public anymore in the future.

By the way, this show made me want to play the visual novels that have been sitting in my backlog for over a decade. I laughed so hard when I heard "We're not doing this now... WE'RE NOT DOING THIS NOW!"

Beat must be held carefully in check or editing will become a NIGHTMARE.

Though this awards were mostly just cheeky fun, I am serious about the Taken King being awesome and it was WAY more than just more content. I mostly just mentioned that because original Destiny (meaning before House of Wolves even) was too light on content. More to come on next show.
    sig.gif
  • Are there any games that you know are terrible, but you can't help but love? Personally, there is so much that I hate about Tales of Xillia 2, but it's one of my favorite Tales games. The charm of the character interactions is about the only thing that redeems that game for me. I can't defend a lot of it, but watching your party form a surrogate family for Elle is what kept me going.