If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Video Game Characters meet High Fashion?

sig.gif

28 years of gaming and still going strong
and now a mostly annoyed Father with first son. And now a father again to a second son :D

Winner of the 2015-2016 Fantasy gaming Pool

Comments

• MasterChiefMasterChief I didn't learn anything! Full Members
    Well, Lightning is about as expressionless as your typical fashion model, so why not, right?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.
  • flamethrowerflamethrower Member Full Members
    Gamers -> Unlikely to care about fashion?
    Especially players of Final Fantasy I think are unlikely to care about fashion.

Players of Candy Crush, Bejeweled, Peggle -> More likely to care about fashion.
    Just for selling fashion, I think it's fine. I'm not sure Lighting is a lot cheaper than traditional models once all costs are factored in. If costs are about the same, designers will use traditional models because that's what they're used to.
    Gamers -> Unlikely to care about fashion?
    Especially players of Final Fantasy I think are unlikely to care about fashion.

Players of Candy Crush, Bejeweled, Peggle -> More likely to care about fashion.
    Just for selling fashion, I think it's fine. I'm not sure Lighting is a lot cheaper than traditional models once all costs are factored in. If costs are about the same, designers will use traditional models because that's what they're used to.

This might work somewhat better in Japan, but in the west, you're absolutely right. Gamers and high-end fashionistas aren't exactly the same demographic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TheAnimeManTheAnimeMan Member Full Members
    Well maybe on the econ side yes. Like money wise don't care about high fashion. But even I care about outfits and such for my characters so I can say this is definitely a step towards something interesting. As the article discussed further down we might see a new trend where the designers might actually hire people with fashion experience to design wardrobes for characters.
    sig.gif

28 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a mostly annoyed Father with first son. And now a father again to a second son :D

Winner of the 2015-2016 Fantasy gaming Pool
    As the article discussed further down we might see a new trend where the designers might actually hire people with fashion experience to design wardrobes for characters.

Well, that would certainly be nice. Lord knows Tetsuya "belts and zippers" Nomura needs some advice there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]