If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

RPGCast - Episode 375: "When A Boy Likes A Girl"

sabin1001sabin1001 Man vs. Slime, the fourth type of conflictMadison, WIAdministrators
edited February 2016 in Latest Updates
RPGCast - Episode 375: "When A Boy Likes A Girl"

While Chris and Anna practice their skinship this weekend, Robert, aka "lolwhoops", joins to talk about his digi-obsession. Alice once again disappoints in the area of missile delivery. Johnathan tries to get Chris to dive in. And then everyone talks about killin' aliens.

You can find the shownotes here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hLXOun1ZxUP6E_vRgsLTdrSzy7q-h4iCHJt3EDYuKRs/pubhtml

RPGCast streams live on Saturday at Noon Eastern / 9 AM Pacific.

Leave your feedback in the following ways!
Post in this thread.
Email us at podcast@rpgamer.com
Leave us a voicemail at (608) 729-4098
Email us an mp3 or m4a voicemail at podcast@rpgamer.com

Download the show: "When A Boy Likes A Girl"
Subscribe to the feed: http://feeds2.feedburner.com/Rpgcast
Subscribe in iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=264306390

Question of the Week:
What game should have petting minigames in it?
179811.png

Comments

• lolwhoopslolwhoops happy accident HalifaxRPGamer Staff
    I'm still playing digimon. Decided to bust out the PlatinumNumemon so i can get 40,000+ experience per battle. I'm starting to run out of mons I still need to make. I put on a few billionaire USB accessories and I have nearly 2 million yen. Hopefully I find something to spend it on eventually. 91 hours 32 minutes in now. I got Beelzemon, which is one of my favourites and one I was shooting for, so I'm about ready to go beat the game I guess.

Fun fact: there's a digimon who is a train. its name is GroundLocomon. Doesn't this make you think there is an AirLocomon? I really want to see an air train now.

As for petting mini games, I'm going to take the high road and say Blizzard needs to add it to Hearthstone.
    lolwhoops: a Gamer's Blog
    ^^is my blog! Updates whenever I feel like it! :D which happens a lot more often now!
    this is my twitter! come twit with me
  • WheelsWheels RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    lolwhoops wrote: »
    Fun fact: there's a digimon who is a train. its name is GroundLocomon. Doesn't this make you think there is an AirLocomon? I really want to see an air train now.

Crud, guess I'm buying this game.
    Ask Wheels- This Week's Episode
    sig.gif
  • BudaiBudai Paladin Full Members
    edited February 2016
    I watched some twitch stream of digimon earlier just to see what it's like. Graphics are impressive, didn't expect them to be that good. (I just looked it up and realized the game is also on ps4)
  • PawsPaws Purr RPGamer Staff
    We bought it on PS4 but may end up double dipping to grab the Vita version, where I'm more likely to play it. It's not cross-buy but it is cross-save, so we could even share a save file. I have mouth surgery next month and it'll basically put me in bed for a week on serious painkillers, which means ample game time.
  • You know, Chris, if you want stuffed hamburgers, they're kind of a big thing in Minneapolis. It's our signature foodstuff. As for what games need petting minigames, I have to say Animal Crossing. The villagers are fuzzy animals already, so it's not that weird. That and Dynasty Warriors. No need to put relationships or anything in the game, just an inexplicable petting minigame.
  • VictarVictar Member Full Members
    Steam is itself a form of digital rights management. Is Steam's DRM bad at blocking piracy? Why do certain companies with games on Steam, like Ubisoft and Bandai-Namco, insist on adding a cumbersome layer of DRM on top of Steam? What am I missing here?

Question of the Week: Obviously, Pokemon needs a petting minigame. (I assume Nintendogs and all its spinoffs or clones already have a petting minigame).
  • Jmustang1968Jmustang1968 RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    edited February 2016
    Nothing is really that effective at blocking piracy except for always online games.
    And even then, there are ways around that, but you just wont be playing on official servers.

Ubisoft doesn't add more DRM per se, they just have their own client you must games through. You can buy directly from them, bypassing Steam. However, they still offer their games on Steam due to market penetration.