If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Final Fantasy X-2 Media

ViperViper MemberFull Members
edited July 2003 in Latest Updates
We have some media for Final Fantasy X-2 tonight. So check it out.

Comments

• MeoTwister5MeoTwister5 Member Full Members
    edited June 2003
    So..... are there any jobs they have where more than 50% of their bodies are covered in decent clothing?

Or am I the only guy looking forward to them wearing more clothing? tounge.gif
  • little tigerlittle tiger Member Full Members
    edited June 2003
    Chain attacks! *does the happy dance*
  • slapizaga_the_banditslapizaga_the_bandit Member Full Members
    edited June 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"So..... are there any jobs they have where more than 50% of their bodies are covered in decent clothing?

Or am I the only guy looking forward to them wearing more clothing?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

I'd have to say I agree that they should be wearing more modest clothing.

• MonCapitan2002MonCapitan2002 Avatar Captured Full Members
    edited June 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (MeoTwister5 @ June 03 2003,00:55)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"So..... are there any jobs they have where more than 50% of their bodies are covered in decent clothing?

Or am I the only guy looking forward to them wearing more clothing? ?tounge.gif[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    There is Yuna's White Mage outfit. ?She is clothed more conservatively when she is in that job class.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"I'd have to say I agree that they should be wearing more modest clothing. [/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    I don't. ?As a matter of fact, I have no problems with their dressing so immodestly. ?I see nothing wrong with them dressing so provacatively. ?They are after all just a collection of pixels.
    LordBilbanes.png
    Please help my city grow. Estharopolis - Population | Industry | Transportation | Security | Environment | Business
  • RumikoholicRumikoholic Member Full Members
    edited June 2003
    Exactly... And, humans are just big sacks of cells. I don't really see what the big deal is. Anyway, if you look at Pain she's dressed very conservatively except for the bare mid-drift. So, there you go!

Just keep your eyes diverted from the evil, pixelated divas and stop complaining, already! I've never seen so many men appalled at the sight of scantily-clad women. It's unnatural, I tell ya'! tounge.gif
    edited June 2003
    No, it's just all you low-moraled, desensitized people who like that kind of stuff.
  • Cactuar JoeCactuar Joe Member Full Members
    edited June 2003
    I'm not sure who this T. Matsuda guy is, but his work has a lot of style. I love the dark Bahamut shot.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"No, it's just all you low-moraled, desensitized people who like that kind of stuff.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

So... You're completely devoid of all libido? That's interesting. Perhaps it's hiding behind that huge mass of self-righteousness.
    edited June 2003
    ::LOL:: don't mind him. ?He's losing a debate elsewhere and trying to let-off steam. smile.gif

What upsets me is that they don't really have a real sex-kitten in this one. ?What I've seen of Pain makes her seem more conservative than the other two. ::sniffle:: I really wish Lulu was wearing less...

edited June 2003
    Lulu was wearing plenty little in the first one. Thank the goddess for double-sided tape, is what I'm saying.
  • Astral_RyftAstral_Ryft Member Full Members
    edited June 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Lulu was wearing plenty little in the first one. Thank the goddess for double-sided tape, is what I'm saying.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

I believe I stated in a previous post that Lulu's dress is held up by the sheer magical power she possesses. Through various enchantments and clever design it will cling or even hover mere centimeters about the naughtier parts of her bosom. This magic seems so powerful that it even resists the normal run of the mill Dispel spell. Truly it is a testament to what a young woman with magical powers is able to accomplish in the world of fashion and design.
    edited June 2003
    Ah, I see. I knew there was more to Lulu than met the eyes. I shudder to think what she could do in the field of Architecture, though. Two round houses for everyone!
    edited June 2003
    After much searching for maybe oh about five minutes I've found a picture of Lulu which I find to be suitable for the purpose of proving my point. I'm afraid you'll all have to copy and paste this link seeing as how my site's host is crap and hates hyper link.

http://www.gameroom.com/ryunoseigi/luludiagram.jpg

I think this should prove to all that nothing other than magic keeps that girl's dress up.
    edited June 2003
    I'm hardly devoid of all libido...or any, for that matter. I can appreciate beauty, but as was talked about in another earlier thread regarding FFX-2, they just seem to be more "slutted up" in this game. Seems quite a bit out of character for Luna, at least.

Losing? Gang-raped is the more appropriate term. By those with superiority complexes who can't live unless they prove all others wrong.
    edited June 2003
    ...Everyone's gotta have a hobby.

::opens the link:: Wow... ::tilts head sideways:: I see your point. Lulu truly is quite gifted...
  • VargasVargas Member Full Members
    edited June 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Seems quite a bit out of character for Luna, at least. [/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Yuna
    Luna

I wouldn't normally do that, but L isn't anywhere near Y on the keyboard...

I'm sure all of you can guess my stance on FFX2, though... wink.gif
    edited June 2003
    D'oh, my bad. I've been playing Lunar:SSS recently. I must have done that by accident. So YUNA seemed to be a bit out of character.
  • mooncalfemooncalfe Member Full Members
    edited June 2003
    out of character? it's two years later! sometimes people change. a lot.

-r.
    edited June 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"out of character? it's two years later! sometimes people change. a lot.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah, but it's a bit of a streach to take Yuna from Virginal Messianic Princess to Pop Princess, and at the start of the game, yet. I'm going to wait and see how they justify it in the game, in between staring at Rikku's navel.
  • chiapetchiapet Member Full Members
    edited June 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (mooncalfe @ June 03 2003,11:36)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"out of character? it's two years later! sometimes people change. a lot.

-r.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Not too mention that she discovers a lot of the things she was taught as a child weren't exactly true wink.gif
    edited June 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Yeah, but it's a bit of a streach to take Yuna from Virginal Messianic Princess to Pop Princess,[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Well obviously Yuna's new look is influenced by Rikku who has also opted to lose alot of clothing in FFX-2. Yuna wished to travel without being recognized. Nobody would ever think that young half naked woman is the great, modest, and innocent saviour of the world. Unless of course people aren't the brainless fools she thinks they are, Yuna my dear not everyone will constantly stare at your chest so I do believe your half baked plans have been foiled by logic once again. Maybe a change of hair colour or possibly some sort of disguise would help. But no Rikku spent all of their disguise money on the tiniest bikini top should could find. She didn't even bother to change Yuna's hairstyle seeing as she was so busy tying that mess of braids and dread locks she calls hair up with a scarf and some pretty beads. Alas now poor Yuna must opt to use the one hairstyle she can do that is not her own...TIDUS'S!

Let this be a lesson to all. Never trust your friend to make a decent disguise on a budget. Especially if that friend is a young girl who is attempting to give her poor, bald father a heart attack.
  • KiralynKiralyn Member Full Members
    edited June 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (mooncalfe @ June 03 2003,11:36)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"out of character?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    While they *do* seem to be reveling in the lack of clothing this time, I
    mentioned a few months ago in another FFX-2 thread that this *isn't*
    out of character for the "world" of FFX.

If you go back to FFX, you can find quite a few instances of revealing
    clothing (some extraordinarily so). Such as:

Lulu's top (and that strap-and-belt skirt)
    "Lady" Dona (who both acted, and was reacted to, as a high-class lady)
    Vilucha (one of the Blitz players. And the same model was used in several
    villages)
    Naida (another Blitz player. And one of the "just a bikini and chaps" Al Bhed's)
    Linna (another Blitzer)
    and last but not least,
    Yunalesca, Queen/High Priestess/Goddess of the Teeny Bikini
    edited June 2003
    I guess it just boils down to I liked the old Yuna. ?The conservatively, sweet Yuna. ?I much prefer her over the new, gun-toting, pop-star diva wannabe. ?(I never have really enjoyed singing in video games. A sweeping score is one thing, but singing has kind of been a personal irritation. Oh, well). That's just my opinion.

edited June 2003
    BTW, the last two artworks in this update link to the second artwork.

Not to mention some of those have been available on the FFX-2 website for some time now.

• TidusTidus Member Full Members
    edited June 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (MonCapitan2002 @ June 02 2003,23:17)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (MeoTwister5 @ June 03 2003,00:55)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"So..... are there any jobs they have where more than 50% of their bodies are covered in decent clothing?

Or am I the only guy looking forward to them wearing more clothing? tounge.gif[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    There is Yuna's White Mage outfit. She is clothed more conservatively when she is in that job class.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"I'd have to say I agree that they should be wearing more modest clothing. [/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    I don't. As a matter of fact, I have no problems with their dressing so immodestly. I see nothing wrong with them dressing so provacatively. They are after all just a collection of pixels.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    I am glad I am not the only one who wasn't bothered by them dressing that way. smile.gif It's not like they're real or anything! If they were, I would have a problem but geez..it's just a video game!

I pity those who get off on women in video games who dress that way.

I hope this game comes out real soon, I love the combo attacks from what I have seen! biggrin.gif
  • TidusTidus Member Full Members
    edited June 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Cactuar Joe @ June 03 2003,09:49)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"out of character? it's two years later! sometimes people change. a lot.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah, but it's a bit of a streach to take Yuna from Virginal Messianic Princess to Pop Princess, and at the start of the game, yet. I'm going to wait and see how they justify it in the game, in between staring at Rikku's navel.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Wow the poor horse... sad.gif Anyways I hope they don't have any other minigames that would appeal to guys from what I have seen of it. O_o Like for instance.."<span class="spoiler">The massaging minigame where you are massaging different areas on Le Blanc's back</span>".

I am just hoping it's as good as the last game and also "<span class="spoiler">that wasn't Yuna at the beginning, that was Le Blanc posing as her</span>".

And I don't think she's out of character, she's just free from being the Yevon summoner and hence doesn't need to dress so conservatively anymore.
    edited June 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Wow the poor horse... sad.gif[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Uh, what horse? Did I miss something here?
    edited June 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Cactuar Joe @ June 03 2003,16:09)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Wow the poor horse... sad.gif[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Uh, what horse? Did I miss something here?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    He's refering to the fact that this debate has been raging for several months with no appreciable results.
  • Max_DeltreeMax_Deltree Is trying to get back in these forums Full Members
    edited June 2003
    Go Tidus-dude! smile.gif

Hey, whos Le Blanc?

Does anyone knows how much time it takes to beat this game?
    PSN ID: MaxDeltree
  • sniffysniffy Member Full Members
    edited June 2003
    I hate that haircut on women anyway(that flip haircut). Anybody ever notice how all so called "wild women" have to have that same stupid flip haircut? They could be nice, but then when they get that haircut they turn into the "B" word. See for yourself on television shows, look at what happens to women when they get that evil haircut.

Anyway, back on topic I am sure that the lack of clothing will fit into the game somehow. I will always prefer the old smart Yuna to the new "wild flip haircut gun totin sexpot" Yuna. I will just keep all my characters as White Mages assuming that I can do that and still beat the game. Also somehow I think Rikku's White Mage costume will be white a bikini with a hood.
    edited June 2003
    ...What makes you think she's not intellignet anymore? A person's mental capacity isn't directly proportionate to the amount of clothing they wear...

Is this really such a big issue? I mean, people get upset when they cut out stuff like profanity and sexual situations in the American versions of games, but they get outraged when the characters show a little more skin in a sequel? It's actually pretty tame compared to a lot of stuff available over there. You don't really know how much has changed and how much hasn't just by a few screenshots...