If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

RPGCast - Episode 378: "Oh Wait, They Came"

sabin1001sabin1001 Man vs. Slime, the fourth type of conflictMadison, WIAdministrators
edited March 2016 in Latest Updates
RPGCast - Episode 378: "Oh Wait, They Came"

Alex and Alice teach Chris a thing or two about tea, cricket, and lacrosse. The sport, not the city. Alice then defends herself from the recent nonpurchase of a Gundam game scandal. Chris confesses his need for an FFXIntervention. And Alex gets on his high horse to tell us all about how special he is for playing Bravely Second before us. Jerk.

You can find the shownotes here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hLXOun1ZxUP6E_vRgsLTdrSzy7q-h4iCHJt3EDYuKRs/edit?usp=sharing

RPGCast streams live on Saturday at Noon Eastern / 9 AM Pacific.

Leave your feedback in the following ways!
Post in this thread.
Email us at podcast@rpgamer.com
Leave us a voicemail at (608) 729-4098
Email us an mp3 or m4a voicemail at podcast@rpgamer.com

Download the show: "Oh Wait, They Came"
Subscribe to the feed: http://feeds2.feedburner.com/Rpgcast
Subscribe in iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=264306390

Question of the Week:
What do you like to put in your freezer?

(There was a freezer delivery that interrupted the show's recording multiple times but got edited out due to how disruptive it was, but obviously influenced our frame of mind at the end.)
179811.png

Comments

• VictarVictar Member Full Members
    edited March 2016
    The "Moo" on last week's forum thread was some automatic censor kicking in. No worries here.

Question of the Week: ...uh, frozen waffles, tv dinners, and ice cream? Maybe it's time to enlist help from lolwhoops. He could easily think of 50 better questions and set you up for a year.

To Chris: Didn't you finish Just Cause 3? You were having so much fun with that game.

So, making equipment numbers go up in FF XI, a process that presumably involves tedious grinding, is more compelling than playing through its story. The experience you describe seems to have negative implications about the quality of FF XI's story.

In my experience, World of Warcraft Warlords of Draenor has the opposite problem. A lot of players, including me, enjoyed the game's story while leveling from 90-100. Then the endgame has painfully little content other than raiding and making equipment numbers go up, and droves of players (not including me) have quit out of boredom.
  • ShayminShaymin The Gratitude Pokemon Halifax, New SealandFull Members
    I put drink glasses in the freezer because it's easier than dealing with ice trays for keeping stuff cool.

Alex might get to play Bravely Second two months early, but Chris gets to play Fire Emblem Fates three months early. Advantage: Chris.
    "The flowers all over its body burst into bloom if it is lovingly hugged and senses gratitude."
    Twitter | A gaming podcast by grownups | Nintendo World Report news editor
  • WheelsWheels RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    Bravely games stink. Super Advantage: Chris
    Ask Wheels- This Week's Episode
    sig.gif
  • Strawberry EggsStrawberry Eggs Hands off the parfait! Administrators
    edited March 2016
    I know I said this at least once, but for Tokyo Mirage Sessions/Genei Ibunroku, ♯FE is pronounced sharp FE. It's a sharp note symbol, not a pound, hashtag, or number symbol (#).

Yes, it's weird. It's suppose to reference the importance of music in the game, but surely there are better ways to do that.

Also, I currently have a couple of frozen entrees, veggie burger patties, frozen vegetables, this apple turnover that should probably be thrown out, a pint of mango sorbet, 1/2 pound of ground turkey, and chicken drumsticks. Oh, and three trays of ice cubes.
    Bravely second...
    The courage to try again...

Twitter: BerryEggs

• Severin MiraSeverin Mira News Director/Reviewer RPGamer Staff
    edited March 2016
    A quick note for those interested, but aspects of the latter stages of Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth share a bit of similarity to
    Spoiler:
    Otherwise as said in the podcast, it is a completely separate world/timeline/universe/whatever.
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU) | NNID: severinmira
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevvi Taubemira (Leviathan)
  • Strawberry EggsStrawberry Eggs Hands off the parfait! Administrators
    edited March 2016
    Oh man, I can't believe I remember this after all this time, but there is one Digimon character that primarily shows up in the third season of the anime that implies the first two seasons are connected to the third via multiverse shenanigans.
    Spoiler:
    Bravely second...
    The courage to try again...

Twitter: BerryEggs