If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Episode 24: New York State of Mind - Q&A Quest

WheelsWheels RPGamer StaffRPGamer Staff
This week in Q&A Quest Ken Staples joins us to discuss The Division and how it compares to Destiny. We also discuss a variety of things from Xenoblade to the Thundercats.

Episode 24: New York State of Mind - Q&A Quest
Ask Wheels- This Week's Episode
sig.gif

Comments

• WheelsWheels RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    Just fyi - won't be updating the archive / rss until later in the evening in case you're checking itunes.
    Ask Wheels- This Week's Episode
    sig.gif
  • BudaiBudai Paladin Full Members
    edited March 2016
    Ha that xeno question was mildly ridiculous because those games would be such a chore to rework.
    What is the most interesting rpg villain and why?
    Do either you have any experience with muds? Multi user deminsions? Back in the day of dial up, I use to log into a bbs, and play an rpg that was purely text based. As simple as that sounds, it was incredibly deep, and since it was local all the players in the realm would meet in real life once a month for dinner. While muds and bbs still exist, it's sort of a lost genre that was actually pretty great.
  • thewalkindudethewalkindude Full Members
    I've decided that there is only one thing I like about the face petting stuff in Fire Emblem. When you find your partner sleeping, the game instructs you to "wake that slugabed up!" which amuses me to no end.

With the advent of online gaming comes the very real potential of games being lost forever. With non-online games, pretty much the only thing that could cause this is a legal injunction, like with Too Human or The Guy Game. But with online-only or online-heavy games, all it takes is a server shutdown. We're already seeing this with the earliest MMOs like Asheron's Call, and, well all Wii games. Is there any way to prevent this from happening or preserve these online components?
  • thewalkindudethewalkindude Full Members
    Also, are there any games that are deeply flawed, or that you know are bad, but that you like anyways?
  • Strawberry EggsStrawberry Eggs Black Mage Idol Administrators
    I've been checking every so often to see if a Stella Glow OST is being released, to so far no avail. I remember that it took a year for the Arc Rise Fantasia soundtrack to be released after the game came out in Japan. On the other hand, Stella Glow was published by Sega in Japan, and there's another Imageepoch-developed Sega-published RPG that has no full OST: Sands of Destruction. My questions are: do you think this may be due to Imageepoch going bankrupt? Isn't it Sega that owns those assets? Also, are there are any games you enjoy that don't have official OSTs released for?
    Bravely second...
    The courage to try again...

Twitter: BerryEggs

• VictarVictar Member Full Members
    I'm entirely in favor of buying OSTs to support game creators, but if the OST is not available, at least there's YouTube.

Here's a question for OST collectors: how do you ensure you're buying the real thing and not an illegal knock-off? This is a problem for folks who like to buy OSTs on eBay, and I've seen knock-offs sold in a used video game store (which went out of business years ago). It's also a moral issue, since companies who deal in illegal knock-off OSTs may also deal in much worse types of criminal business.

There used to be one eBay seller who advertised themselves as "100% Pirate Free" but now I can't remember their name.
    edited March 2016
    This maybe an unpopular opinion to some people, but I think kingdom hearts was the game that led square down the path they are on. Since it was the first deviation, it was still close to what they did good. Yet it was the step that showed them that spin offs and fan service was an okay step to take. Enjoyable game, but it was the introduction to using their studio as less of an art form and more of a product. What do you think of that notion?