If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

RPG Backtrack - Episode 163: The Elder Dead Sea Scrolls

JuMeSynJuMeSyn Code: KirinAdministrators
The world of Morrowind is a gigantic one, and the multitude of places and things to partake of is fittingly enormous. The praise given to this game is not without reservations, however.
Truly the least worst.
It's not what he's eating, but what's eating him that makes it ... sort of interesting.

Comments

• BudaiBudai Paladin Full Members
    I'm trying to catch up so I will listen to this episode tomorrow. I'm listening to the phantasy star online episode which is pretty long. Man I love the in depth content. I'm looking forward to this one because morrowind was a game I played at least three times.
  • MathurinMathurin New Member Full Members
    I've tried so many times to get through Morrowind. From the original xbox to the goty version and eventually on pc with a copy of that strategy guide I'd found on ebay. The same problems always crept up. Swinging and missing so many times made combat tedious. Maybe that gets better as your combat skill increases, but I never played long enough to find out. Tying running to the stamina gauge makes sense from a gameplay perspective, but forces you to walk to your destination lest you drain your stamina prior to battle. The biggest issue for me was always the complete lack of direction. I can respect that some people prefer that, but there is just something about having a cursor always pointing to my next destination that keeps me focused and always working towards a goal.
    For me, at least, Oblivion fixed everything I didn't like about Morrowind.
  • JCServantJCServant Certified Polygameist RPGamer Staff
    Two comments...two totally different feelings on this game. Yup, its a divisive game :)
    Co-Host on RPGBacktrack. Follow me on Twitter and sub to my blog if you would like!
  • BudaiBudai Paladin Full Members
    I just loved the setting in morrowind. It was unique and strange from top to bottom. It really felt like a detailed alien world.