If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Episode 26: May the eSports Be with You - Q&A Quest

WheelsWheels RPGamer StaffRPGamer Staff
edited April 2016 in Latest Updates
This week in Q&A Quest we discuss Kickstarter. We also discuss Final Fantasy XV and its importance to Square Enix.

Episode 26: May the eSports Be With You - Q&A Quest
Ask Wheels- This Week's Episode
sig.gif

Comments

• mooserockamooserocka New Member Full Members
    I'm shocked ff 13 sold that much. Is that total numbers or release day numbers? Cause ff 10 might be more if you count the remake also.
  • WheelsWheels RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    mooserocka wrote: »
    I'm shocked ff 13 sold that much. Is that total numbers or release day numbers? Cause ff 10 might be more if you count the remake also.

Total numbers as far as I know. Not sure why anyone is surprised though. FF is still a big name and Square Enix marketed the heck out of it.
    Ask Wheels- This Week's Episode
    sig.gif
  • ShayminShaymin The Gratitude Pokemon Halifax, New SealandFull Members
    edited April 2016
    Depending on the date of the last report, it probably crawled there after heavy discounts. I paid sub-$10 for FF13 in 2014.

Questions:
    - If Sony screws up and makes a 3rd party game free on PSN by some method - like say, having a demo trigger a crossbuy - how do they make the developer whole? (Alternatively, does anyone know if Harmonix has a PayPal account so I can send them their 70% for Amplitude?)

- There's a preservation effort in place for Fable Legends following the closure of Lionhead - what game do you wish was preserved before it was cancelled?
    "The flowers all over its body burst into bloom if it is lovingly hugged and senses gratitude."
    Twitter | A gaming podcast by grownups | Nintendo World Report news editor
  • BudaiBudai Paladin Full Members
    What do you think of the idea of ps4 1.5?

What game have your favorite box art? How about worst box art?
  • BudaiBudai Paladin Full Members
    Have you ever experienced cheating in an online game?
  • VictarVictar Member Full Members
    That question brings back memories of the original Phantasy Star Online, and joining groups where one guy had a hacked Spread Needle weapon that obliterated all mobs before anyone else could touch them.

I also remember the one guy who was forced to play as the non-player character "NOL" because a cheater overwrote the data for his Phantasy Star Online character, and character saves for that game were on player-owned VMU cards, not server-side.

To Shaymin: If you want to give Harmonix money, then why not just buy some more of their games or tracks and call it a day?

Q's for the Q&A Quest: Have you ever had such a miserable day that you bought a game to make yourself feel better? If so, was the purchase worth it?

Are there any video game speedruns (RPG or otherwise) that you particularly enjoy watching, or would recommend that others check out? (I recently discovered Summer Games Done Quick and other video game charity speedrun marathons, and they are amazing).