If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

RPGCast - Episode 381: "Shore leave in the Rift"

sabin1001sabin1001 Man vs. Slime, the fourth type of conflictMadison, WIAdministrators
RPGCast - Episode 381: "Shore leave in the Rift"

Alex and Anna had to rescue Chris from the Rift to do this week's show. After their daring efforts, Alex tells about his deep love for roguelikes. Anna Marie illuminates how she'll soon need rescuing of her own from the world of Bravely Second. And Chris reveals that he was rescued only to die, again and again and again.

You can find the show notes here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hLXOun1ZxUP6E_vRgsLTdrSzy7q-h4iCHJt3EDYuKRs/edit?usp=sharing

RPGCast streams live on Saturday at Noon Eastern / 9 AM Pacific.

Leave your feedback in the following ways!
Post in this thread.
Email us at podcast@rpgamer.com
Leave us a voicemail at (608) 729-4098
Email us an mp3 or m4a voicemail at podcast@rpgamer.com

Download the show: "Shore leave in the Rift"
Subscribe to the feed: http://feeds2.feedburner.com/Rpgcast
Subscribe in iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=264306390

Question of the Week:
Who is the Walrus?
179811.png

Comments

• SeraphimKittenSeraphimKitten President of Soft Paws Full Members
    Wait, did I see that correctly? There's a Final Fantasy Tactics Clone where I can play as a raccoon archer? Why did they name their game Arcadian Atlas instead of Raccoon Tactics? I have waited my entire life for a tactics game with raccoon archers.
  • VictarVictar Member Full Members
    I think the reason why people in Japan are so enthusiastic about the 7-11 Final Fantasy 14 promotion is that White Fat Chocobo mount.

Here are some of the insane things World of Warcraft players (including me) will do for a mount:

1) Pay $25 on the in-game shop

2) Pay almost 1 million gold on the black market auction house. This is a significant amount of in-game currency; it could potentially be used to buy 10-20 months of game time.

3) Sit in the middle of nowhere waiting for a mob to spawn, and hope none of the other mount farmers snags it first. Said mob typically spawns around 3 times a week, at random intervals, and random locations. So yeah, bring a book.

4) Kill a raid/dungeon boss every week, on as many alts as feasible, hoping to get lucky on that 1% drop chance.

5) Kill a world boss every week, on as many alts as feasible, hoping to get lucky on that 0.05% drop chance. That estimate is not a typo.

6) Work as a group for extremely difficult-to-coordinate achievements that reward a mount.

I am really not surprised that Final Fantasy players will buy out the inventories of 7-11's for a White Fat Chocobo they can sit on.

If this 7-11 FF14 promotion does come to the US, here's a handy store locator.

https://www.7-eleven.com/home/locator/

Also, ouch, that Gameloft burn. As long as they don't break any intellectual property laws, what's so bad about their cloned games? I'm playing a Pokemon clone of theirs right now (Crystal Monsters). Nintendo had no problem with putting Crystal Monsters on the 3DS eShop, so the fact that it's a clone doesn't bother me.

I did read something about a class-action lawsuit over a Gameloft free-to-play game, but I don't know if that went anywhere. Free-to-play games in general seem to be a honeypot trap, anyway.
  • ShayminShaymin The Gratitude Pokemon Halifax, New SealandFull Members
    Goo goo ga joob.

As it pertains to Gameloft, this was the first result for "Gameloft class action lawsuit". Looks like it's still getting members.
    "The flowers all over its body burst into bloom if it is lovingly hugged and senses gratitude."
    Twitter | A gaming podcast by grownups | Nintendo World Report news editor
  • sabin1001sabin1001 Man vs. Slime, the fourth type of conflict Madison, WIAdministrators
    Weird. Looks like the guy gave up on it though. And that Gameloft has really bad customer service...
    179811.png