If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

RPGCast - Episode 382: "Alex Fuller Lacrosse"

sabin1001sabin1001 Man vs. Slime, the fourth type of conflictMadison, WIAdministrators
RPGCast - Episode 382: "Alex Fuller Lacrosse"

Take a break from PAX East 2016 for some gentle RPG sound waves. Anna Marie confesses her obsession with rebuilding the moon. Alex confesses his plans to win all the sports. And Chris confesses that can't do anything right when it comes to giant gothic spaceships.

You can find the show notes here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hLXOun1ZxUP6E_vRgsLTdrSzy7q-h4iCHJt3EDYuKRs/edit?usp=sharing

RPGCast streams live on Saturday at Noon Eastern / 9 AM Pacific.

Leave your feedback in the following ways!
Post in this thread.
Email us at podcast@rpgamer.com
Leave us a voicemail at (608) 729-4098
Email us an mp3 or m4a voicemail at podcast@rpgamer.com

Download the show: "Alex Fuller Lacrosse"
Subscribe to the feed: http://feeds2.feedburner.com/Rpgcast
Subscribe in iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=264306390

Question of the Week:
What's the most interesting indie game you saw from the PAX East?
179811.png

Comments

• SeraphimKittenSeraphimKitten President of Soft Paws Full Members
    Ah! Chris finally stops with the "pretty wife" thing — I'm so proud of you! It reminds me of living in Texas for a year and finding out that all of my female friends there hated the term wife. Then I actually went to parties there and you'd often hear "Mr. Smith, an engineer at ______, and his lovely/pretty/beautiful/charming wife." And then you'd find out that Mrs. Smith is actually Dr. Smith and she had her PhD, but of course she was only ever introduced as "wife." I asked about it once and everyone looked at me like I was stupid. I was expecting some sort of response, like "oh, my mom really loved to be introduced that way and I didn't realize how it sounded." But with no response or understanding at all, I got how all of my female friends there had their own suspicions of the answers people were too polite to say, things like: "well, she just got her PhD while going to college to meet a man" or "a PhD on a woman is nice, but wouldn't she much rather hear that a man finds her pretty?" or "but isn't her real value whether or not she's eye candy or charming or able to host a party?" I think it became more ominous to me that no one in Texas had an answer when I tried to bring it up. Scary stuff, and I'm glad you changed things up before you hit episode 400. (Sorry to pick on Texas, whatever super-sexist/racist things we do in Florida I didn't see when I was growing up there, but I imagine we were just as bad in our own way.)
  • VictarVictar Member Full Members
    World of Warcraft's last major update was patch 6.2 in June 2015 (not "a year and half ago"... yet.)

The "Grove Warden" moose mount comes from a quest item that drops off Heroic Archimonde. It's currently a 100% drop rate for everyone who participates in a Heroic Archimonde kill, but it will go out of the game when the pre-patch for WoW: Legion arrives. The pre-patch date is unknown; it will probably be early August, a few weeks before the release date.

If you want a Grove Warden and don't have a character with the in-game equipment for Heroic raids, your options are:

1) PVP in Ashran! If you're in a terrible group, complete your "tour of duty" (it takes 5 min.) and then leave and requeue, until you get a good group. Do the quests, follow the group leader's orders, and rake in the Conquest points. Use these Conquest points to buy powerful PVP gear. This is the fastest way to get your character strong equipment. Combine this with a level 3 Gladiator Sanctum in your garrison for more rewards, and the opportunity to earn cool titles like Manslayer.

2) Do the quests to unlock your level 3 garrison's shipyard (if you haven't already), then do Tanaan Jungle daily quests. Farm Baleful gear tokens and Apexis crystals. Once you get sufficient reputation with the bird vendors in Tanaan, you can buy items that will upgrade your Baleful gear to ilvl 695 for 10,000 Apexis crystals each. It's slower than Ashran, but good if you hate PvP.

3) Don't bother earning good gear, just pay gold to a guild to carry your undergeared character on a Heroic Archimonde kill for a moose. Depending on your server, guilds may charge anywhere from 25,000 to 100,000 gold.

4) Forget it, and wait for the other moose mounts in Legion. They won't look exactly like the Grove Warden; they have different pallettes and aren't outfitted with as much tack and trapings. One of them comes from the Leatherworking profession. Here's a preview of the datamined Legion leatherworking moose mount:

Puzzle Chronicles was mildly amusing but fundamentally broken. The losing side's play field would shrink, obliterating the losing side's combos and giving the match to whoever got an early lead. Kind of like Monopoly.

You didn't mention Gyromancer; I don't know if any Puzzle Quest people worked on it. I thought it was worth playing. Some versions had in-game purchases, I think, but they weren't really needed unless you were going for optional postgame content and used up all of your powerful items.
  • BudaiBudai Paladin Full Members
    Battle chef brigade looks really neat art wise. Plus I love suikoden 2 cooking mini game, so maybe this could be something similar.