If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Episode 27: Need More Caffeine - Q&A Quest

WheelsWheels RPGamer StaffRPGamer Staff
This week in Q&A Quest, your host is in desperate need of more caffeine. We also discuss the ins and outs of Dark Souls 3.

Episode 27: Need More Caffeine - Q&A Quest
Ask Wheels- This Week's Episode
sig.gif

Comments

• BudaiBudai Paladin Full Members
    Remember the ff12 spinoff that was being developed by a European company? That was sort of an odd situation.
  • VictarVictar Member Full Members
    I've been seeing more formerly-mobile RPGs on the 3DS eshop lately, such as Ash (by Circle Entertainment) and several Kemco games. Are formerly-mobile RPGs being ported at an increased rate to Sony, Microsoft, or PC systems too? If not, why not?
  • PawsPaws Purr RPGamer Staff
    Well, Kemco's not picky. They've ported to PSP/Vita, Wii U, PC, and 3DS. But I'm sure this will be an interesting topic for the podcast.
    Has modern culture negatively affected jrpgs? I look back at the snes trilogy of final fantasy games and while they may have had influences, they had a style that was strange. The ff15 demo starts out seeming very influenced by modern movie making(almost naught dog like) and the over all artistic style seems like something from a magazine ad. I'm not writing the game off, but I almost feel the other worldness is missing.
    edited May 2016
    Yoshitaka Amano is a genius, and it's a shame his art has yet to be fully realized in 3D game form. I wish there was a game that took his art and realized it to the fullest like dragon quest 8 did with Akira Toriyama. I think there is a cop out saying it doesn't fit to 3D art when cell shading exist.
  • smacdsmacd Full Members
    I've been playing Landstalker recently for the Month-of-May game for 2016, and I've been thinking about isometric games. I've never been particularly fond of them, especially on consoles as the controllers never seemed to be designed well for them, especially with no camera control. Why did/do companies make games with the isometric viewpoints, and why do some people actually like them (assuming there are people out there who do)?