If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Villain-Off Round 1 Group C: Luca Blight, Handsome Jack, Metal Face, Sin, The Trancedent One, Strega

Severin MiraSeverin Mira News Director/ReviewerRPGamer Staff
edited May 2016 in Battle Royale!
The second set of six villains enters, but only two can qualify for the quarter-finals. Which two that is is down to a straight reader vote! The winner will face N, while second-place will have to deal with Lavos.

Contenders
Luca Blight (Suikoden II)
Handsome Jack (Borderlands 2)
Metal Face (Xenoblade Chronicles)
Sin (Final Fantasy X)
The Transcendent One (Planescape: Torment)
Strega (Persona 3)

Voting takes place on the poll section on the right of the RPGamer home page and ends Wednesday May 11, 2016 (schedule to end at 6:55pm EST, but time may change based on staff availability) - extra day due to the weekend.

*In the event of a tie for second place, advancement will be determined by the result of the original nomination process.
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU) | NNID: severinmira
Final Fantasy XIV: Sevvi Taubemira (Leviathan)

Comments

• PawsPaws Purr RPGamer Staff
    Based on how popular the game is, I'm guessing Jack is in. So it becomes a question of who will take second? Strega is a compelling option -- they're delightfully manipulative behind the scenes before they reveal themselves. Sin I can also see being a popular choice, mostly because Jecht is a dirtbag and easy to hate. I'm not as familiar with the other candidates, so we'll see how things go!
  • 7thCircle7thCircle Proofer of the Realm RPGamer Staff
    edited May 2016
    Huh. Going just off the games, I'd say Persona 3, Suikoden 2, Xenoblade, and anything named Final Fantasy are bigger than Borderlands 2, particularly in this neck of the woods. If Jack makes it in, it will be based on the popularity of Jack, not the games he's in.

I thought this group had the strongest set of 6. I'd be happy with any 2 of these making it, and that's even with FFX and Planescape: Torment having other villains I preferred over Sin and TTO. Strega is a bit of a copout as the only group of people to make it on as one villain, but that's how popular Persona 3 is. It makes its own rules!
    The lesson here is that dreams inevitably lead to hideous implosions.
  • watcherwatcher Veteran RPGamer Full Members
    On this site, Luca is a shoe-in. I'm hoping Jack pulls second, he's a far better character and villain than the others.
  • Strawberry EggsStrawberry Eggs Wannabe Mistborn Lucario Administrators
    Well, the only game I've played out of that bunch is Xenoblade so... ^^;
    Bravely second...
    The courage to try again...

Twitter: BerryEggs

• smacdsmacd Full Members
    This one is hard because I don't really think any of the villains are that good. Metalface was so forgettable I didn't even remember who it was. Luca Blight is fairly overrated and I don't recall anything more than a pretty generic bad guy. Handsome Jack was almost a non-entity in Borderlands 2. Sin was also pretty much irrelevant. And I haven't played the other two games. I might just abstain because this group is too weak to pick any of them from.
  • scorpio_7scorpio_7 Tactics Ogre, I choose u! Full Members
    HAHAHAHA. Luca Blight of course. I love crazy in my villains.
    Check out my writing and art by following this link to my work: www.stevenmouland.com
  • Severin MiraSeverin Mira News Director/Reviewer RPGamer Staff
    Results!

1. Luca Blight (Suikoden II) - 43.38%
    2. Sin (Final Fantasy X) - 16.18%
    ---
    3. Metal Face (Xenoblade Chronicles) - 12.87%
    4. Handsome Jack (Borderlands 2) - 12.13%
    5. Strega (Persona 3) - 11.76%
    6. The Transcendent One (Planescape: Torment) - 3.68%
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU) | NNID: severinmira
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevvi Taubemira (Leviathan)
  • 7thCircle7thCircle Proofer of the Realm RPGamer Staff
    The results have been a straight up popularity contest for the games the villains come from so far. Hopefully the next round will be more interesting.
    The lesson here is that dreams inevitably lead to hideous implosions.
  • DarkRPGMasterDarkRPGMaster A Witness to Destruction Moderators
    I missed the voting due to real life. I would have chosen Handsome Jack for this one, he MADE Borderlands 2 for me.
    "Yes, because apparently blindly jumping headfirst into a firefight without a grasp on the situation or any combat experience is a sign of genius these days."