If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

RPG Backtrack - Episode 166: Agarest in Peace

JuMeSynJuMeSyn Code: KirinAdministrators
Among the things for which Idea Factory is responsible, a series that involves multiple generations fighting evil across continents has gained a devoted audience. Precisely what that audience sees in the games is a mystery, given their aggressively unpleasant mechanics and a plethora of dull drudgery.
Hardee har har.
It's not what he's eating, but what's eating him that makes it ... sort of interesting.

Comments

• jscarpejscarpe RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    Ahh, Idea Factory... They promise ideas, but they don't promise that they are good ideas.
    Seriously good show guys, the best backtracks are the really good or really bad games and this was excellent. We appreciate your pain JuMeSyn
  • JCServantJCServant Certified Polygameist RPGamer Staff
    Thanks, Jscarpe!
    Co-Host on RPGBacktrack. Follow me on Twitter and sub to my blog if you would like!
  • BudaiBudai Paladin Full Members
    Yeah when a game isn't good and you're dealing with crashes on top of it. Wow. You had the patience of a monk to deal with it.
  • BudaiBudai Paladin Full Members
    But you also took time to really detail your issues with it. That was something else hearing you break it down piece by piece on what went wrong.
  • Strawberry EggsStrawberry Eggs Wannabe Mistborn Lucario Administrators
    Ah Agarest War. It's not a series I dare get into, but it's still amusing to hear you guys unload on these games.

About Nowi in FE: Awakening: you want to marry a male minor to a thousand-year-old dragon lady? Sicko! (XD)
    Bravely second...
    The courage to try again...

Twitter: BerryEggs

• VictarVictar Member Full Members
    I hope you had some fun doing this show to partly make up for the non-fun you had playing these games.