If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Episode 28: Kemko Quest - Q&A Quest

WheelsWheels RPGamer StaffRPGamer Staff
Cancellations and controversies mar the latest Q&A Quest. Perhaps our special guest can help us weather the storm.

Episode 28: Kemko Quest - Q&A Quest
Ask Wheels- This Week's Episode
sig.gif

Comments

• BudaiBudai Paladin Full Members
    edited May 2016
    Ha, funny you mentioned el shaddai because i came very close to mentioning it but didn't, as hard as that is to believe. I know Amano's art could be legendary if they would do it but it doesn't appeal to most people, so I know the true reason. No reason to talk about this comment, it's done. Just throwing it out there.

The gba tactics ogre game was a blast and had a really good optional mode.

Nice to have Anna on, I love sending her and Chris voice mails on the official podcast. Another great episode by knowledgable gamers.
    edited May 2016
    Okay let's do this. Alice talks about super robot wars on rpgcast, and David seems to be really into this lately. Im sort of familiar with this only because I've listen to a lot of talking about it. Would it be to much to get an overview of the series and what the big deal is? Doesn't have to be in depth game by game but go ahead and tell me about it in a general way. Like In a way I would describe someone who's never played dragon quest to them.
  • Strawberry EggsStrawberry Eggs Hands off the parfait! Administrators
    edited May 2016
    Heh, I deliberately tried to keep the subject on localization edits minimal just in case you didn't want to rile up people, but I should know better. Your thoughts on all this hubbub mirror my own, and I'm glad you tackled such a complex subject in a thorough and thoughtful way.

And I see that you guys saying "pound FE" instead of "sharp FE" is intentional... :P
    Bravely second...
    The courage to try again...

Twitter: BerryEggs

• PawsPaws Purr RPGamer Staff
    edited May 2016
    It's always been the pound sign to me! But I only realize now there's a bit of a naughty tinge to it XD
  • VictarVictar Member Full Members
    Kemco also released Ghost Lion, an obscure but delightful RPG on the NES.

I had no idea Kemco treated its people so well. Anna's insights into the video game industry are amazing.

I played through 3D Dot Heroes (normal campaign, not the one-hit-you-die hard mode), and I don't know why you hated it. It has pick-up-and-play action-RPG gameplay, a player-friendly difficulty curve, a funny comedy story, good music, plenty of sidequests, and you can freely customize your character's appearance.

I have never played through a Zelda game, so I'm not praising 3D Dot Heroes out of Zelda nostalgia. It was just fun.
  • bobbywatsonbobbywatson Random guy Full Members
    Thanks for the great episode guys! Paws should be a guest star more often!

Wow, I had no idea that Ogre Battle 64 with the box was going for that kind of price. Maybe I should consider selling my copy...
  • PawsPaws Purr RPGamer Staff
    It's crazy how well OB64 has retained its value. Most Virtual Console games eventually slide down in price, but I actually think it's gone up.
  • bobbywatsonbobbywatson Random guy Full Members
    So, let's say you heard on a recent Q & A podcast that a game you own is worth a bundle on eBay, and that you can easily replace it with a digital copy, on a platform that you already own, for a pittance. Do you go for it, or do you keep the game, hoping the price will keep going up?
    edited May 2016
    How do you feel about ultra realistic violence and virtual reality? Do you feel that the experience could be too graphic compared to a tv?
  • lolwhoopslolwhoops happy accident HalifaxRPGamer Staff
    I'm glad that Budai has taken up the mantle of question asker. I'm great at coming up with things I want to talk about or hear about, but I don't know how often it's actually interesting.

New idea: Have Gaijin on the show again and ask him what are good ways to learn japanese. Also ask him what are some good learning games to play to practice your japanese. Then ask him what is his favourite thing about being able to speak multiple languages.

Is Link one of the most boring heroes in any game series? I feel like Link could be replaced with pretty much any other character and the games will be exactly the same. Isn't that kind of a bad thing?

What RPGs have the weirdest usable items?

Is there any plot device dumber than the Star Ocean 3 protagonist being able to shoot a mind beam capable of destroying massive space ships only one time in the entire game and never being able to harness anything even close to that as anything playable? "You are the key to destruction of the bad guys, but you can only use your power once and only by accident." Man, so much of that game was garbage and yet I still played it excessively.
    lolwhoops: a Gamer's Blog
    ^^is my blog! Updates whenever I feel like it! :D which happens a lot more often now!
    this is my twitter! come twit with me