If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Villain-Off Final: Kefka Palazzo vs. Luca Blight

2»

Comments

• TheAnimeManTheAnimeMan Member Full Members
    Yeah but to get Elza the game has an internal time clock that has certain events done otherwise you miss out on her. And I'm cutting it really close on it at the moment with my current game.
    sig.gif

28 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a mostly annoyed Father with first son. And now a father again to a second son :D

Winner of the 2015-2016 Fantasy gaming Pool
  • Lord GolbezLord Golbez Member Full Members
    Oh. That's right. I think I did that once, but it's quite hard.
    The Tea and Biscuits Brigade offers you tea and biscuits.
  • TheAnimeManTheAnimeMan Member Full Members
    Oh. That's right. I think I did that once, but it's quite hard.

Yeah, have a loaded save game data with really powerful character from Suikoden 1 makes it infinitely more doable.
    sig.gif

28 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a mostly annoyed Father with first son. And now a father again to a second son :D

Winner of the 2015-2016 Fantasy gaming Pool
    I think the way I did it was leveling up in Matilda early on, so I was overpowered and could breeze through most of the game.
  • swangtalswangtal Full Members
    Having actually played Suikoden II again recently. I actually had to restart my game cause i got to the point of Luca's fight and couldn't beat him. This is the only fight that even after multiple play throughs I have never been able to get first try. I'm actually going back to Suikoden (the first one) so i can beat his Moo. This is how much trouble this one fight has always provided me
    Yeah, he totally offed me on my first playthrough. It was a real struggle to bring him down.
    My second time around I totally cheesed the hell out of him--I went with the earth rune that grants counterattack on the front line, then Silent Lake the Moo out of him. It was fun, in a very sad way, to see him die without doing a single damage on me.

To this day I'm still not sure killing him was the right decision. I mean, dude's pretty dang violent, but he does have the right idea. Sometimes I wish the Suikoden leaders would just sit down and talk it out. They all make a lot more sense than most other games' villains.
    edited October 2016
    Pretty dang violent? Right idea? Exactly what part of his idea was right? Was it the killing his own army as a pretense for starting a war, because he's bloodthirsty? Or maybe it was the part about ruthlessly slaughtering civilians because he enjoys killing. No, I guess it would have to be the part about sacrificing the people of Muse to the Beast Rune. What possible reason do you have for thinking there would be any other way of dealing with Luca Blight than by killing him or at least overpowering and imprisoning him? However, due to his political power in Highland, killing him would be the only real option for peace anyway. Luca Blight may have had reasons for turning out the way he did, but he was still a monster who could not possibly be reasoned with. Bloodshed is what he wanted. How do you sit at a table and negotiate with that? I mean now I'm trying to figure out if we're talking about the same character or your pov is just scary.