If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Episode 29: Gex 2 Enter the Podcast - Q&A Quest

WheelsWheels RPGamer StaffRPGamer Staff
This week in Q&A Quest, we go off on random tangents at a record pace. We also discuss various aspects of collecting games.

Episode 29: Gex 2 Enter the Podcast - Q&A Quest
Ask Wheels- This Week's Episode
sig.gif

Comments

• VictarVictar Member Full Members
    BOOM! Shots fired at a supremely popular video game! (I won't say which one here, folks gotta listen to the podcast.) :)

Thanks for the heads up about the cool website http://legendsoflocalization.com

Do you think digital distribution will give video game revenue "long tails" and move the industry away from the "pre-orders and day one sales are everything" revenue model?

Or do you think that the video game industry is doomed to live or die by that model for the next hundred years, even though other media like movies can turn a profit via digital distribution revenue if their initial release bombed?
  • Strawberry EggsStrawberry Eggs Hands off the parfait! Administrators
    edited June 2016
    All of this localization talk has bought this to my mind: It's far more common for a character's name to be changed in a localized video game compared to anime or manga, especially in the present. Although the answer why this is done is probably obvious, I think it would make for an interesting discussion. Also, what are some name changes you like or find interesting?
    Bravely second...
    The courage to try again...

Twitter: BerryEggs

• BudaiBudai Paladin Full Members
    edited June 2016
    How do you feel about world of final fantasy character designs? (I like it)

Speaking of platformers. I just beat mario world 3D wiiu. Great game. Not as great as the two galaxy games, but those are masterpieces. The wii was far from my most played console last gen, but they delivered the biggest masterpieces in Mario Galaxy and xenoblade.