If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

RPGCast - Episode 388: "Mars Wars Logos"

sabin1001sabin1001 Man vs. Slime, the fourth type of conflictMadison, WIAdministrators
edited June 2016 in Latest Updates
RPGCast - Episode 388: "Mars Wars Logos"

It's the weekend before E3. What can we do but get on the hype train? First stop is Square Enix. Second stop is XSEED. Third stop is Atlus. Fourth stop is....wait...there are Persona 5 release dates at that last stop? Let's get off here!

You can find the show notes here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hLXOun1ZxUP6E_vRgsLTdrSzy7q-h4iCHJt3EDYuKRs/edit?usp=sharing

RPGCast streams live on Saturday at Noon Eastern / 9 AM Pacific.

Leave your feedback in the following ways!
Post in this thread.
Email us at podcast@rpgamer.com
Leave us a voicemail at (608) 729-4098
Email us an mp3 or m4a voicemail at podcast@rpgamer.com

Download the show: "Mars Wars Logos"
Subscribe to the feed: http://feeds2.feedburner.com/Rpgcast
Subscribe in iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=264306390

Question of the Week:
What's your favorite thing from E3 2016?
179811.png

Comments

• VictarVictar Member Full Members
    edited June 2016
    I won't have an E3 favorite. My least favorite thing about E3 is that I doubt there will be any RPGamer podcasts for the week. :(

The Warbot pet for the World of Warcraft Mountain Dew promotion is currently available in-game, and has been for many years. Go to the merchant Jepetto Joybuzz in the Dalaran Wonderworks, or Blax Bottlerocket in Orgrimmar, or Craggle Wobbletop in Stormwind, and you can buy it for a very affordable 500 gold. No Mountain Dew codes required.

You can also buy the "red fuel" and "blue fuel" to use on this pet for a trivial amount of gold.

As I understand it, the four WoW pets that were part of Coca-Cola promotions in China (Golden Pig, Silver Pig, Jade Tiger, Zipao Tiger) are currently available in the US and other countries as Recruit-a-Friend rewards.

A more cruel example of a questionable WoW promotion is the Tyrael's Charger mount. This cool angel-horse was awarded to players who signed up for the Annual Pass (essentially a promise to stay subscribed to WoW for a year).

The offer was only for players in the US, Canada, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, or Singapore. Players in other locations, notably China, couldn't get the mount. Later, the mount was added to the Blizzard store... but only in China. Players in countries where the promotion took place can't get it anymore.

I've been playing Puzzle Labyrinth, and I recommend it as a "plane game". It is the spiritual successor to Picdun and Picdun 2, very likely made by the same people (I recognize some of the audio assets). It's also more user-friendly, allowing the player to freely select floors as well as skip the occasional troublesome floor.

Unlike Picdun and Picdun 2, Puzzle Labyrinth is not an RPG; there are no random encounters, experience, or character levels. Puzzle Labyrinth is purely about navigating dungeon floors and solving puzzles. Its "combat" is just another type of inventory-based puzzle, like combat in Shadowgate.

I hope you enjoy E3!
  • thewalkindudethewalkindude Full Members
    This show really has influenced my game playing decisions. Alice convinced me to buy Stellaris, which is great, and Anna Marie sold me on Atellier Sophie. Also Omega Quintet, kind of, because ut was 90 percent off recently.
  • BudaiBudai Paladin Full Members
    Ff15 and persona 5 are still my top games, but horizon zero dawn has really great monster designs.