If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

RPG Backtrack - Episode 168: The Fastest Ship in the Galaxy

JuMeSynJuMeSyn Code: KirinAdministrators
Rogue Galaxy borrows a few things from Star Wars, but the idea of a ship with sails moving between planets is a new one. Hear about Level-5's other ideas for the game on this episode.
Meet exotic alien species - and kill them.
It's not what he's eating, but what's eating him that makes it ... sort of interesting.

Comments

• omegabyteomegabyte He's just this guy, you know? RPGamer Staff
    edited June 2016
    Wasn't a new idea, really. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0133240/?ref_=nv_sr_1

I'm sure someone else had the idea before Disney, too.

Still loved Rogue Galaxy tho.
    God's Final Message to His creation, written in thirty-foot high letters of fire on the side of the Quentulus Quazgar Mountains:
    We Apologize for the Inconvenience
  • BudaiBudai Paladin Full Members
    Level 5 really knows how to do cel shaded graphics. It's why I'm a firm believer that art style can really change how a game feels.
  • TheMaddnessTheMaddness Inmate Full Members
    At least im in good company in having a tough time completing this game. The fun I had with obsessively upgrading the weapons and making the Seven Star Swords managed to pull me up to Eden though!
    This game had a lot of interesting little mini-game things. Im not sure if you touched on them and I just missed it, but I really enjoyed the Bug catching and fighting, and sometimes had fun with the factory puzzles. Some of the later ones were just over complicated and annoying though.
    I might be wrong, but, the professor who made Steve, his son was dead, or in a coma or something before he put his Mind/soul/whatever into Steve, wasnt he? That made it make more sense to me, give the kid a chance to see the world before he went.
  • SweetieAsheSweetieAshe qt = π RPGamer Staff
    I think I mentioned Insectron briefly, though I might've done that before the recording started. I know I didn't do it because the bug catching thing wasn't explained very well to me (like do you go back to the EXACT spot you left the trap? How do you know you got something good? etc etc) and we didn't have time to touch on crafting or else I would've done so, since the Factory stuff is... ugh. Neat but ugh.
    Spoiler:
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy Explorers (3DS), The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky (PC), Atelier Rorona ~The Alchemist of Arland~ (PS3)
    "I blame myself for underestimating the beast that is sex appeal..." - Agnes Oblige
  • TheMaddnessTheMaddness Inmate Full Members
    I think I mentioned Insectron briefly, though I might've done that before the recording started. I know I didn't do it because the bug catching thing wasn't explained very well to me (like do you go back to the EXACT spot you left the trap? How do you know you got something good? etc etc) and we didn't have time to touch on crafting or else I would've done so, since the Factory stuff is... ugh. Neat but ugh.
    Spoiler:

Right, thanks.
    You know, any one or two of the plots in this Game, and half of the mini games in Rogue Galaxy if properly expanded would make a perfectly good small game in their own right. Maybe even better then the all of them as a whole as we got. I havent played a ton of their games, But Level 5 seems to tend to do that a lot?