If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

RPGCast - Episode 390: "Star Ocean 5: It Could Be Worse"

sabin1001sabin1001 Man vs. Slime, the fourth type of conflictMadison, WIAdministrators
RPGCast - Episode 390: "Star Ocean 5: It Could Be Worse"

E3 is over but SGDQ has yet to start. How can you fill the time better than with an RPG Cast? Alice, Anna Marie, Chris, Kelley, and Johnathan share their picks for JRPGJuly as well as where to get a properly fitting shirt.

You can find the show notes here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hLXOun1ZxUP6E_vRgsLTdrSzy7q-h4iCHJt3EDYuKRs/edit?usp=sharing

RPGCast streams live on Saturday at Noon Eastern / 9 AM Pacific.

Leave your feedback in the following ways!
Post in this thread.
Email us at podcast@rpgamer.com
Leave us a voicemail at (608) 729-4098
Email us an mp3 or m4a voicemail at podcast@rpgamer.com

Download the show: "Star Ocean 5: It Could Be Worse"
Subscribe to the feed: http://feeds2.feedburner.com/Rpgcast
Subscribe in iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=264306390

Question of the Week:
How will you be celebrating JRPGJuly?
179811.png

Comments

• ShayminShaymin The Gratitude Pokemon Halifax, New SealandFull Members
    7th Dragon will be my main celebration of JRPG July, but Mario RPG and the RPG mode in Kirby Robobobobobobo are nice warmups.
    "The flowers all over its body burst into bloom if it is lovingly hugged and senses gratitude."
    Twitter | A gaming podcast by grownups | Nintendo World Report news editor
  • VictarVictar Member Full Members
    Speaking of digital RPGs that have been pulled and cannot be downloaded anymore...

Picdun, originally a DSiWare game, is gone from the 3DS eShop. I'd finished the game, then deleted it thinking that I could redownload it anytime. WRONG!

Picdun 2 is still on the eShop, as well as three DSiWare games from developer Intense's "Escape" series, as are three newer adventure/puzzle games by Intense.

So why is Picdun gone? Probably not for the same reason as Project X Zone, this was a tiny $5.00 RPG and didn't license any characters. The hero's face is never shown, and the monsters appear to be proprietary to Intense; many of them reappear in Picdun 2.

Is it for the same reason that Citizens of Earth and VVVVV were pulled - namely, that the game enabled hacks or exploits of 3DS firmware? I don't know.

Unlike Citizens of Earth and VVVVV, Picdun was a DS exclusive, and required stylus use. It may well be gone forever.

Last JRPG July, I played Hexyz Force light side. This July, I'll play Hexyz Force dark side. My save from the light side should enable me to see the neutral ending; I had to check a FAQ and fight the final boss a second time to make sure the right items would carry over.

This is assuming the game doesn't go all SMT on me and make its neutral ending boss into an unkillable nightmare, of course.