If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

After I keel the backlog, what games would be worth looking for on the PSN store?

maryadaviesmaryadavies She Shoots For The StarsSomewhere east of Atlanta, GAModerators
edited July 2016 in Miscellaneous Gaming
Mind, I'm already planning on buying some physical copies of some PS2 games (Thank you Shadowcat for that 10 buck fatty PS2 find at the thrift store!) but I thought I'd ask.

What games are available on the PSN store (Besides I am Setsuna) that might be worth keeping a eye out for PSN store cards for? Right now I have quite a bad backlog, so I prolly won't be looking for a lot of new games soon unless it's a I WANT THIS NOW. PSN classics of course are on the table. I have the only working PS3 in the house at the moment too. Oh and I own the PC version of Final Fantasy 9, and since I don't get duplicates, that's out. But other than that..what's worth it? Do people know?

Thanks guys..it may be a bit before I do since I need to look for sales on the store cards (a credit card does NOT touch my PSN account; too dangerous) and after I clear out quite the backlog since well. I get tempted before I beat new games sometimes. ^^ Before anyone asks, I have a PS3 AND a PS4.
93a24222217c9c20a686db8be4676a84.jpg
My personal page
New to the boards? Confused? Find the answers here.

Comments

• DarkRPGMasterDarkRPGMaster A Witness to Destruction Moderators
    Alundra, the Wild Arms games, the Suikoden games, Grandia, Vagrant Story, Xenogears, and I'm trying to think of more
    "Yes, because apparently blindly jumping headfirst into a firefight without a grasp on the situation or any combat experience is a sign of genius these days."
  • SonOfErdrickSonOfErdrick Full Members
    Final Fantasy 1-8(except 3), Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross, Legend Of Dragoon, Breath Of Fire 4, Monster World 4, and Neutopia.
  • ClixClix Listmaster Full Members
    Warning on Chrono Trigger for PSN: It is the PS1 version and emulates that port's loading problems. It's the least ideal format to play the game.
    ClixPsi.png
  • TheAnimeManTheAnimeMan Member Full Members
    Final Fantasy 9 and Parasite Eve
    sig.gif

28 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a mostly annoyed Father with first son. And now a father again to a second son :D

Winner of the 2015-2016 Fantasy gaming Pool
  • SonOfErdrickSonOfErdrick Full Members
    Clix wrote: »
    Warning on Chrono Trigger for PSN: It is the PS1 version and emulates that port's loading problems. It's the least ideal format to play the game.

Its not the best, but i recently played FF5 on PS3 which also had loading times, and i can say its tolerable if its your only option of playing.
  • daveyddaveyd Turn-based lifeform PAFull Members
    Growlanser: Heritage of War. Has a slower start than Growlanser 2, 3, or 4... 3D graphics are fugly.... But it's still Growlanser and unfortunately the only one playable on PS3.
    Currently playing (on PC): Hard West, Eisenwald: Blood of November, Dungeon Rats, Wasteland 2, Tahira: Echoes of the Astral Empire