If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

RPGCast - Episode 391: "Hardcore Artbook"

sabin1001sabin1001 Man vs. Slime, the fourth type of conflictMadison, WIAdministrators
RPGCast - Episode 391: "Hardcore Artbook"

While Chris tries to log into Pokémon Go, Anna Marie teaches Kelley about the finer points of Berserker rearing in Final Fantasy V. Johnathan still struts that Lordly Caliber. Meanwhile, Alice plans a trip the Kirby Cafe to refresh herself after taking over an island nation with a jet pack.

You can find the show notes here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hLXOun1ZxUP6E_vRgsLTdrSzy7q-h4iCHJt3EDYuKRs/edit?usp=sharing

RPGCast streams live on Saturday at Noon Eastern / 9 AM Pacific.

Leave your feedback in the following ways!
Post in this thread.
Email us at podcast@rpgamer.com
Leave us a voicemail at (608) 729-4098
Email us an mp3 or m4a voicemail at podcast@rpgamer.com

Download the show: "Hardcore Artbook"
Subscribe to the feed: http://feeds2.feedburner.com/Rpgcast
Subscribe in iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=264306390

Question of the Week:
How will you be celebrating JRPGJuly?
179811.png

Comments

• redrock963redrock963 KansasRPGamer Staff
    So I need to make a correction. Apparently Salvage Crates in 7.0 WILL still drop greens and other gear. I guess they got rid of that in Alpha, but changed their minds.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20743184423?page=3#42

Husband listened to the show and corrected me. My bad. With all of the other Garrison stuff getting nerfed, I thought that was getting nerfed too.

Also, follower tokens are going to be worthless in 7.0, so sell them while you can.
    redrock963.png
    My Deviant Art Page | 3DS Friend Code: 1005-8614-6875
  • VictarVictar Member Full Members
    edited July 2016
    Question of the Week: I own 7 amiibos - Luigi, 2 Mario, Peach, Bowser, Toad, & Yoshi. How many do you own?

A correction to the above correction. Old salvage crates stockpiled from before 7.0 will still drop player gear. Any salvage crates earned after 7.0 will not drop player gear.

The comment from a developer that you linked to above stresses that the player gear that once dropped exclusively from those crates will not be removed from the game. There will be other ways to earn it for transmog.

Another correction: you must defeat the final Hellfire Citadel raid boss Archimonde on Heroic difficulty to get a Grove Warden moose mount, not Mythic. (Mythic is the highest difficulty and it's absurdly, ridiculously hard.)

Mythic Archimonde drops an additional, exclusive mount, the Felsteel Annihilator. It's currently a 100% drop rate; this will be nerfed to 1% when Legion arrives. It's a green-fire-flying-robot thing, similar to the engineering-crafted Sky Golem mount that is sold on the auction house.

Similarly, Mythic Blackhand drops the Ironhoof Destroyer mount, a huge clefthoof with cannons. This mount will also be reduced to a 1% drop rate when Legion arrives.

14,000 gold really isn't that much. Any level 100 character can solo the old Cataclysm raids for up to 10,000 gold a week. This yield will be cut in half when 7.0 arrives.

If your gold-rich friend offered to give you 14,000 gold to buy a moose, you should accept! It's approximately $5.00. Treat him to coffee at Starbucks or something if you feel indebted. :)

Quick summary of things to do before patch 7.0:

1) Finish Legendary ring quest

2) Finish Brawlers guild. It will return sometime in Legion but it's easier to do now, with end-of-expansion gear. You can get an heirloom, a mount, a pet, and a title.

3) Get any Ashran achievements/titles you want now, because when honor/conqust points go away in 7.0 there were be very little player incentive to queue for Ashran.

4) Dungeon challenge modes. You need silver ranking on all of them for a yeti mount (shares the same model as the other gronnling mounts, but it's white). You need gold ranking on all of them for fancy weapon transmog options, which will all become account-wide in 7.0. The mount and the transmogs will become unobtainable in 7.0.

5) Proving ground achievements. Proving grounds will no longer give achievements in 7.0. They will start giving new achievements sometime in Legion.

6) Heroic Archimonde moose mount. This will not be removed from the game until Legion arrives, but patch 7.0 will change the game so much that defeating Heroic Archimonde might be a lot harder. You have been warned.