If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

RPGCast - Episode 394: "Where Everyone Loves Everyone"

sabin1001sabin1001 Man vs. Slime, the fourth type of conflictMadison, WIAdministrators
RPGCast - Episode 394: "Where Everyone Loves Everyone"

Someone forgets to take out the trash. Inazuma Eleven gets an alternate timeline. Sega gets a mini of their own. There's a talking dog and the cats are ready to pounce. It must be time for RPG Cast!

You can find the show notes here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hLXOun1ZxUP6E_vRgsLTdrSzy7q-h4iCHJt3EDYuKRs/edit?usp=sharing

RPGCast streams live on Saturday at Noon Eastern / 9 AM Pacific.

Leave your feedback in the following ways!
Post in this thread.
Email us at podcast@rpgamer.com
Leave us a voicemail at (608) 729-4098
Email us an mp3 or m4a voicemail at podcast@rpgamer.com

Download the show: "Where Everyone Loves Everyone"
Subscribe to the feed: http://feeds2.feedburner.com/Rpgcast
Subscribe in iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=264306390

Question of the Week:
What game recently did you think you SHOULD be excited for, but actually aren't/wasn't/won't be?
179811.png

Comments

• redrock963redrock963 KansasRPGamer Staff
    Of course the ONE WEEK I miss was the debut of my cover art. CURSE YOU FAMILY OBLIGATIONS!

(So happy people like it. It was made with a lot of love)
    redrock963.png
    My Deviant Art Page | 3DS Friend Code: 1005-8614-6875
  • ShayminShaymin The Gratitude Pokemon Halifax, New SealandFull Members
    Zelda: Wild Thing Vaughn is near the bottom of my hype meter right now. I loved Xenoblade Chronicles X, so I *should* be down for an open-world Zelda, but post-Ocarina 3D Zeldas have left me various states of chilled (or in Wind Waker's case, seasick). I think having to watch six hours of coverage without a break on day 1 of E3 caused me to burn out on it.
    "The flowers all over its body burst into bloom if it is lovingly hugged and senses gratitude."
    Twitter | A gaming podcast by grownups | Nintendo World Report news editor
  • VictarVictar Member Full Members
    I'm somewhat unenthusiastic about World of Warcraft: Legion because my best friend's favorite specialization (Discipline Priest) has been nerfed into oblivion, and he may quit the game if he can't find another specialization that he likes.

Also, I don't like the leveling problem in Tokyo Mirage Sessions and don't want to buy easy-leveling DLC on principle... it's a full-priced game for goodness' sake. I plan to go back to the game at some point, but this matter annoys me.
  • Lord GolbezLord Golbez Member Full Members
    edited August 2016
    Ugh.... Ocarina was the worst since Adventure of Link. I will not apologize for disparaging either game or temper that statement.
    The Tea and Biscuits Brigade offers you tea and biscuits.
  • BudaiBudai Paladin Full Members
    Deus ex. I'm still trying to figure out if I'm wanting this game or now.
  • Strawberry EggsStrawberry Eggs Hands off the parfait! Administrators
    edited August 2016
    To get a rough estimate of your Pokémon's IVs in the sixth generation, take them to the stats judge. In X/Y, this is a guy in the Pokémon Center in Kiloude City. In Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire, he can be found at the Pokémon Center at the Battle Resort. What he says indicates the range of the Pokémon's IV total, or potential:

"I see... I see.."
    "This Pokémon's potential is <Pokémon's potential> overall."
    "That's how I judge it, anyway."

Decent= 0-90
    Above average= 91-120
    relatively superior=121-150
    outstanding=151-186

He will also describe to you the Pokemon's highest stat, using the following:

IV range of 0-15: "It has rather decent stats, I'd say. That's how I judge it."
    IV range of 16-25: "It's definitely got some good stats. That's how I judge it."
    IV range 26-30: "This Pokémon has some fantastic stats. That's how I judge it."
    IV of 31: "Stats like those... They simply can't be beat! That's how I judge it."

If you want an exact number, you will need to use an IV calculator, which you can find easily online. Makes sure it's a calculator for the correct generation. The Pokémon either needs to have no Effort Values (it can't have battled or given stat-boosting items), you know what its EVs are, or you need to remove its EVs using certain berries or the Reset Bag in Super Training.

As for the Question of the Week: I suppose I should have been a bit more excited for Zero Time Dilemma. I enjoyed 999 and even preordered Virtue's Last Reward, but I have yet to play that game. There are also several other games that came out before or will come out soon after that I was more excited/am more excited for. I'm not sure what to make of impression I've heard for ZTD.
    Bravely second...
    The courage to try again...

Twitter: BerryEggs

• SeraphimKittenSeraphimKitten President of Soft Paws Full Members
    Unsung Story is the game I want to look forward to but I'm having a few issues remembering exists. Or will exist. Or might exist.