If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

All the games! August - A game crunching blitz

lolwhoopslolwhoops happy accidentHalifaxRPGamer Staff
edited August 2016 in Role Playing Games
So, everyone sees how packed September is for RPGs, right? Well, I'm looking at my pre-orders and I'm not feeling too confident that I'll be able to enjoy a lot of those game because I'm playing catch up on dozens of games! So I decided it's time to hunker down and finish as many as I can this month. This thread will document my journey, contain my thoughts on games I'm playing or have beaten, and will generally serve as a way to keep me from slacking off.

So, who's with me? Anyone need to finish some games before the crazy release schedule of September to December?

What my games list looks like. Opinions are welcome for how to tackle this stack.

Disgaea 4 (Vita)
Ys: Memories of Celceta (Vita)
Conception 2 (Vita)
Trails of Cold Steel (PS3.Vita)
Tales of Hearts R (Vita)
Persona 4 Golden (Vita)
Neptunia Re;Birth 3 (Vita)
Bravely Second (3DS)
Legend of Legacy (3DS)
Persona Q (3DS)
Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold (3DS)
Etrian Mystery Dungeon (3DS)
Fantasy Life (3DS)
Shin Megami Tensei 4 (3DS)
Dragon Quest Heroes (PS4)
South Park Stick of Truth (PS3)
Atelier Rorona Plus (PS3)
Bowser's Inside Story (DS)
7th Dragon III (3DS)
SMT Devil Survivor Overclocked (3DS)

So, there's the goal. Beat all those games. All have been started, some are actually right near the end (Trail of Cold Steel...I just didn't want to have to wait 8 months so I've been playing little bits). I fully intend to beat most, if not all, of these games. I have others that I will find and probably add to the list too.

The blitz starts tomorrow.

Are you ready?

-edit- Non RPG related, but I intend to beat some Ratchet and Clank games this month. I'm way behind on them.
lolwhoops: a Gamer's Blog
^^is my blog! Updates whenever I feel like it! :D which happens a lot more often now!
this is my twitter! come twit with me

Comments

• NyxNyx Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff
    So I am actually going to try and participate in this. The only thing that is going to throw this off for me is if I get tossed a review game. :D;

Here's my list of what I'd like to try and beat in August:

Okage: The Shadow King (PS2 via PS4)
    Kirby: Planet Robobot (3DS)
    Dragon Quest IX (DS)
    Steins;Gate (PS3)
    Batman: Arkham Knight: Harley's Revenge DLC (PS4, not sure if I'm ready to do Arkham Knight yet)

And then if I beat those, I am going to try and go through as much Fallout 4 as I can or see what else is in my large pile that I have started. :)
  • flamethrowerflamethrower Member Full Members
    Good luck! You should get a capture card or box so you can stream more often :) (for PS3 & PS4)
    I'll be good if I can finish one game :) Working on Tears to Tiara 2
  • riulynriulyn Member Full Members
    August is definitely a good month for catching up on games for most of you guys, I'm sure, but I just got Sora no kiseki the 3rd which will probably be a good chunk of my time...

Good luck!
  • lolwhoopslolwhoops happy accident HalifaxRPGamer Staff
    First day is down and I have made significant progress in Trails of Cold Steel. Finished up cooking all recipes, powered up a weapon to ultimate, handed of the wonderful and awful recipes, and spent the festival with my 3 favourite ladies (Laura, Sara, and Towa). I want Towa and Rean to be a thing soooooo much! eeeee!

So, I don't know if I'm going to beat it tomorrow or if I want to draw out beating it any longer. Maybe I should knock it out right away... incase something comes up.

In unrelated news, I got an arceus code from EB Games today. Pokégod!
    ^^is my blog! Updates whenever I feel like it! :D which happens a lot more often now!
    Day two sees the end of Trails of Cold Steel. Long day, got a few trophies for dancing, and man did things get kinda wacky at the end there. In the end I was Hot for Teacher. After the sequel hits I'll play that and then go through to get the platinums on both. This game deserves it, I think.
    All I've done so far is play and finish The Harley Quinn DLC for Batman: Arkham Knight. I got my dream of being able to play as Harley, too bad it's only like, a half an hour. >>; Also the Nightwing fight sucked butt.

So, a good start!
    The next game on my list is Neptunia Re;Birth3 on Vita and, well, I still find the game painfully dull when the scenes aren't voiced. The dubbing of the Neptunia games is really one of my favourite things about it. It's not awful, but I don't find myself enjoying the conversation when I don't hear them.

I'm up to chapter 8 and I'm hoping it'll come to an end soon. I'll have to look up how to get a true ending at some point too because for some reason I actually like the stories of these games.
    I figure I am going to update my progress for this event since I made some! I've been playing through Kirby: Planet Robobot (3DS) on my commute to work and I am now all the way to Area 5 (in fact, I am getting ready to take on the boss of Area 5). I think I can have this one beat this weekend, as I've been enjoying it a few levels at a time. I really liked Triple Deluxe, but I think this game builds off of Triple Deluxe in a lot of great and creative ways. I love some of the new forms Kirby can take too! Especially Boobox!Robobot. :)
    Okage: The Shadow King (PS2 via PS4)
    Kirby: Planet Robobot (3DS)
    Dragon Quest IX (DS)
    Steins;Gate (PS3)
    Batman: Arkham Knight: Harley's Revenge DLC (PS4)

An update for me, as I knocked out two things off my list, as well as completed the first episode of the new Batman: Telltale Series. Likely the next one I plan to knock out will either be Steins; Gate or DQIX, since Fowl has been hogging the PS4 for Fallout 4 time. I am really happy with my progress for this so far, and I've been feeling quite motivated to complete things I've started (and I know this isn't even half of the stuff I've started within the year, but I wanted my list to be modest).

Yay for completing games!
    yay! I also finished something. Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 3 V Generation has been completed. I got the Good Ending, which means I'll have to play through again to get the True Ending, which makes me a little sad. But the credits rolled and I'm pretty happy with that.

Turns out the blitz is a tough thing to keep going when you have to put 20+ hours into a game to finish it. I should tackle some shorter games on my list....
  • PimpaliciousPimpalicious Member Full Members
    I finished a few short games this month. Tiny Toon Adventures(NES), Tiny Toon Adventures: Buster Busts Loose(SNES), and The Ninja Warriors(SNES). And I've been working through Treasure of the Rudras(Super Famicom but playing on PC, fan translation).
    number 3 down! Beat Disgaea 4: A Promise Revisited with a good ending. on to the next one!
    I, uh, got sucked into legion invasions in wow. I may not come back. send help.
    *several characters later* might have let this get out of hand a bit...