If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Getting ready for the final part in the main story for FF13-2.

maryadaviesmaryadavies She Shoots For The StarsSomewhere east of Atlanta, GAModerators
I know, I know. I got this for PC not too long ago so I wouldn't miss any DLC. I'm close to finishing the main story.

I can list monsters if need be, but would anyone suggest any monsters that would help me tear that up that are actually raiseable at this point, and anything I should be aware of? Thanks for any help. I"m just trying to figure out some good builds. And I'll be glad to get my monster list out if anyone's curious. ^^
93a24222217c9c20a686db8be4676a84.jpg
My personal page
New to the boards? Confused? Find the answers here.

Comments

• ClixClix Listmaster Full Members
    Here are some top-tier monsters:

Commando - Chichu

Sentinel - Bunkerbeast

Medic - Flanitor

These are some of the best monsters in the game and for the three core roles that need to be filled in. I do not believe any of them are that terrible to find or raise.
    ClixPsi.png
  • maryadaviesmaryadavies She Shoots For The Stars Somewhere east of Atlanta, GAModerators
    I got those, the only problem is getting high level mats. I'd like to keep Chichu on str mats for instance; flanitor on hp/vit mats simply b/c I read the final boss is nasty. Been trying to farm str mats for Chi, is there a better way to get those? (Figure a few levels/extra gil just in case won't hurt either.)
    My personal page
  • smacdsmacd Full Members
    edited August 2016
    I used Goblin Chief (SEN), Dragoon (COM) and Buccaboo Ace (RAV) as mine and they held up all the way through the all the post-game stuff other than one or two situations. Goblin Chief has a great feral skill for buffs, and Dragoon was pretty nice all around. The Buccaboo Ace... eh I could take him or leave him, his feral was a worse version of the Goblin Chief's, so I could have been fine with some other Ravager.

I wouldn't necessarily recommend a medic, if you have Serah wear the Grimoire Hat and use potions, and have a MED-MED-SEN or SEN-SEN-SEN paradigm for emergencies, you should be fine.

As for materials, it depends what you're looking for. IIRC Arch Steppe's marshy area during stormy/rainy(?) I think was decent for mid/high level material drops. I don't think I bothered with really buffing them though. Dragoon maxed at a fairly low level (and I had a lot of materials since I didnt use the tech ones much), I think I had the Goblin Chief maxed or at least with all his skills, and I don't recall with my BAce. For the SEN you really don't need to bother with anything but Vitality materials, and for your other monsters stick to the potent only if possible- I don't think power/mana materials are really worth using, since Potent boosts everything.

The final boss can be hard if you try to take him without doing much side stuff (say 35-45 fragments or so). I'd recommend getting to around 70-80 fragments collected- you'll probably be high enough a level to not have much difficulty with the final boss at that point.
  • maryadaviesmaryadavies She Shoots For The Stars Somewhere east of Atlanta, GAModerators
    I got 56/160 frags so I'll see if I can do a bit more side stuff as well as farm mats for those monsters.

And..I'll go try that and see if I can get some more mats. I really want to rip up when the time comes and not have to struggle too much; prolly not going to do a lot of merging yet, but I'm sure if I get them to a decent level it'll rock.
    My personal page
  • DarkRPGMasterDarkRPGMaster A Witness to Destruction Moderators
    mary, the final boss is only nasty if you're not level 99. If you are, he's easily doable as long as you have the normal roles...RAV/RAV/COM, COM/COM/RAV, and anything with at least one Sentinel and Medic is golden. I killed him in under 3 minutes my first run.
    "Yes, because apparently blindly jumping headfirst into a firefight without a grasp on the situation or any combat experience is a sign of genius these days."
    I'm in my 70s-80s levels wise. So a little frag-hunting wouldn't be bad.

As for the monsters, I'm in desperate need of essences/third tier mats.
    My personal page
  • smacdsmacd Full Members
    I think you can buy most of them except the third tier potent material. I think that the best place to get them as drops is the marsh in arch steppe during rainy/stormy? Cant remember which, but its when you see the Ochu, or at least the microchu if you haven't spawned him, and the other bug-like monsters.

Focus on getting your Rav/Com levels up, the rest of the classes are mostly only relevant for stat boosting, though Syn might be useful if you don't have a monster with a good buff feral like the Goblin Chieftain.
    edited August 2016
    My problem is the third tier (android/machine) material for the flanitor. I can't seem to find anywhere to farm that without going to the end. Any ideas?

Oh and I got the other two maxed out tho I will prolly go use a list to get mons to merge with my Chichu; there's a list. Here's the list. I have some of those, pretty much need the tonberry.

[Edit] I don't need to say much here. But beaten without all that rigamole other than giving my Bunkerbeast Mediguard. Woo. And I did max out the flanitor in the last area.
    My personal page