If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Episode 34: Glorious Q&A - Q&A Quest

WheelsWheels RPGamer StaffRPGamer Staff
This week in Q&A Quest, we discuss everything from Yo-Kai Watch to Chrono Trigger and its sequel. We also discuss the strange games that often pop up early in a console’s lifespan.

Episode 34: Glorious Q&A - Q&A Quest
Ask Wheels- This Week's Episode
sig.gif

Comments

• Lord GolbezLord Golbez Member Full Members
    Sure, if by "particular character" you mean they mostly suck. The launch of most consoles is riddled with garbage and mediocrity. I think that's maybe not so much true if you go as far back as SNES, but it's pretty true of PS2-PS4 at least.
    The Tea and Biscuits Brigade offers you tea and biscuits.
  • ShayminShaymin The Gratitude Pokemon Halifax, New SealandFull Members
    Thank you for that GLORIOUS intro music this time.

So I made my call on which version of Yo-Kai Watch 2 to buy thanks to the last Direct when they revealed that one of the Fleshy Souls-exclusive Yo-Kai was called "Toadal Dude". A pun that hideous does not deserve my money. To that end, what's the worst (or best) pun you've seen in a RPG or game in general?
    "The flowers all over its body burst into bloom if it is lovingly hugged and senses gratitude."
    Twitter | A gaming podcast by grownups | Nintendo World Report news editor
  • lolwhoopslolwhoops happy accident HalifaxRPGamer Staff
    best yo-kai watch pun: cheeksqueek. it's literally a farting butt yo-kai.
    i'm a big fan of the two beetle yo-kai though.

What are some games you have played that completely blew away your expectations based on the developer? Like has a game come out that was made by a favourite company that completely sucked even though you usually love all its releases? What games have you played that you really like even though you usually write off everything that company releases?
    lolwhoops: a Gamer's Blog
    ^^is my blog! Updates whenever I feel like it! :D which happens a lot more often now!
    this is my twitter! come twit with me
  • I seem to remember that someone on the RPGamer Staff worked on the original translation of DQVII. Can you get them to shed some light on how that whole process worked, and why it turned out how it did?
  • MacstormMacstorm Ysy St. Administrators
    I can't speak for Doug, but from what I've heard from him about the original it was that the original translation came in to the localization team with no context as to which scenes were in what order. I think there were also multiple teams collaborating on the project and that communication was...messy. This could all be wrong, but I vaguely recall hearing something like this.
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
  • WheelsWheels RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    edited September 2016
    Shaymin wrote: »
    Thank you for that GLORIOUS intro music this time.

Any time

Bobby+Roode+glorious+bomb.gif
    lolwhoops wrote: »
    best yo-kai watch pun: cheeksqueek. it's literally a farting butt yo-kai.
    i'm a big fan of the two beetle yo-kai though.

Based on our chat with Mr. Baker about how Yo-Kai Watch could be localized, I wonder how many puns we miss out on in the series simply because it's stuff that is untranslatable. Thankfully based on my time so far with the first game there are PLENTY of awesome puns. It's puntastic even.
    Ask Wheels- This Week's Episode
    sig.gif
  • BudaiBudai Paladin Full Members
    If baker is going to be on I would really like to hear him talk about the famicom disc system. I know I've asked that before, but he's never got around to talking about it.

On a side note, I just saw that persona 5 is nearly 100 dollars in Japan. Fallout 4 was 84. Games are much more expensive there.