If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Brexit affecting kickstarters?

knownameknowname KnowJob, KnowClueFull Members
I'm wondering if the fall of the GBP in value due to Brexit will affect some of the British kickstarters such as the hotly awaited Dark Souls tabletop game, or Toejam and Earl 3. Just a random thought, but if your invested in a British based kickstarter/ crowdfund you might want to expect less? or maybe delays. Just me being paranoid but GBP going down 30% of 3mil or whatever the Dark Souls campaign got PLUS the %age kickstarter asked for means they had maybe 1.7mil (roughly HALF) of that to play with. It's actually 40% taken out given KS fees (10%) and Brexit so it's easier.

Then again I'm just being paranoid it's possible they already spent most of the money on manufacturing costs PRE-Brexit and lucked out. I didn't ask just guffawin' and such.

Comments

• flamethrowerflamethrower Member Full Members
    It means all your import goods are now more expensive.

Yeah, you're probably right. Probably most UK-based projects are going to fail.

Those started after Brexit probably proposed higher prices and so they will be fine.