If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Replaying or playing old JRPGs for the first time

I recently ebayed and emulated a bunch of JRPGs and action RPGs, mostly ones I missed out on in order to catch up on classics I missed.

I ebayed Star Ocean: The Second Story, Breath Of Fire 3, Guardian's Crusade, Jade Cocoon, Legend Of Legaia, Shadow Madness, Paper Mario TTYD, Legaia 2, Dark Cloud, Okage, and Jade Cocoon 2

I emulated too much stuff to name, but heres a few; Lufia 1&2, Phantasy Star 1-4, Ys 1-3, Golden Sun 1&2, Crystalis, Glory Of Heracles 2, and Dragon Quest 1-3(SNES)

As an indie developer, I'm playing through a lot of stuff I missed for research purposes, but mostly for fun as well. I was just wondering if anyone else is having a long running marathon, because so far this year, Ive played nothing but JRPGs.

Comments

• OmbresOmbres Games horder Full Members
    Yeah a friend and I tring to finish some old game that we did not finish too!
    Last month we did Shining Force CD, this month we doing Earthbound.

You got a lot of nice good old game in there. many hour of play!
    Always enjoy all the experience in life, you might gain a level or two.
    sig.gif
  • Ombres wrote: »
    Yeah a friend and I tring to finish some old game that we did not finish too!
    Last month we did Shining Force CD, this month we doing Earthbound.

You got a lot of nice good old game in there. many hour of play!

Sweet! I always wanted to play through Shining: The Holy Arc, just gotta figure out the Saturn emulator. Which Earthbound you playing through?

• flamethrowerflamethrower Member Full Members
    I played the first 10 hours and then gave up because it is too grindy. I actually have this problem with all FPDCs. They get too grindy in the later parts.
  • I played the first 10 hours and then gave up because it is too grindy. I actually have this problem with all FPDCs. They get too grindy in the later parts.

Didnt know that, I just assumed it played the same as Golden Sun, but with a FP view.
    edited November 2016

Sweet! I always wanted to play through Shining: The Holy Arc, just gotta figure out the Saturn emulator. Which Earthbound you playing through?

I did have a lot of fun playing Shining: The Holy Arc back then, a friend did lend me it and ask me to map it all, I did and manage to get 100%.
    I am playing the only one that we got here, Mother 2.
    sig.gif
  • ClixClix Listmaster Full Members
    Ombres wrote: »

That's not true anymore. We now have Mother 1 as well.
    ClixPsi.png
  • Ombres wrote: »

I did have a lot of fun playing Shining: The Holy Arc back then, a friend did lend me it and ask me to map it all, I did and manage to get 100%.

If you have a Wii U, you can play Earthbound Zero, beware though, its as tough as a rock without save states or sped up grinding

ah good to know, but I don't have a Wii U
    sig.gif