If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Breath Of Fire comeback?

Capcom just showed off Marvel Vs Capcom: Infinite, and then they announced that their future plans are going to be focused on reviving their dead or stagnant franchises.

If they follow through with this, I seriously hope we get another good Breath Of Fire game.

What does everyone else think?

Comments

• TheAnimeManTheAnimeMan Member Full Members
    If they do one in a style more similar to 1 - 4 (though I have only beaten the first 2 despite multiple attempts) I'd be down for it.
    sig.gif

28 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a mostly annoyed Father with first son. And now a father again to a second son :D

Winner of the 2015-2016 Fantasy gaming Pool
  • DarkRPGMasterDarkRPGMaster A Witness to Destruction Moderators
    I'd prefer if they used the tactical setup they had in 5, but bring it back to the roots of the older games and no D-Counter. World to explore, use dragon forms to solve puzzles and explore with, make it so enemies are as tactical as you, meaning some do more damage to dragons and are weaker to normal characters while others are weaker to dragons and stronger against normal characters, etc etc. Meaning get creative with it and go all out with the Dragon race.
    "Yes, because apparently blindly jumping headfirst into a firefight without a grasp on the situation or any combat experience is a sign of genius these days."
  • If they do one in a style more similar to 1 - 4 (though I have only beaten the first 2 despite multiple attempts) I'd be down for it.

Id love to see a sequel like that, maybe on the Switch or 3DS where classic style JRPGs thrive more

• I'd prefer if they used the tactical setup they had in 5, but bring it back to the roots of the older games and no D-Counter. World to explore, use dragon forms to solve puzzles and explore with, make it so enemies are as tactical as you, meaning some do more damage to dragons and are weaker to normal characters while others are weaker to dragons and stronger against normal characters, etc etc. Meaning get creative with it and go all out with the Dragon race.

Im not the best at tactical games, but i think it would be fair to have a game that continues the gameplay of 1-4 alongside a game thats more similar to dragon quarter

• BubsyFan1BubsyFan1 USAFull Members
    Dragon Quarter is one of my favorite games of all time, but I wouldn't really want Capcom to do a Breath of Fire game based on that one as it seemed more like its own entity as opposed to being strictly a part of the series. I'd rather they make a statement with a game similar to what they did with Dragon Quarter than make some kind of continuation. Regardless of how they go about it, I would be interested in what they end up doing if they do in fact make another game in the series.