If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Episode 39: Insert Clever Title Here - Q&A Quest

WheelsWheels RPGamer StaffRPGamer Staff
This week in Q&A Quest we fail yet again to make a short epsiode. Thankfully this allowed for a variety of topics to be discussed from Dragon Quest to Tales.

Episode 39: Insert Clever Title Here - Q&A Quest
Ask Wheels- This Week's Episode
sig.gif

Comments

• BudaiBudai Paladin Full Members
    edited December 2016
    No the 3D after years was bad in my opinion. But I will agree ratchet and clank was good. I got it for 9 dollars on Black Friday and almost got the platinum trophy.

Speaking of trophies, what do you think of them? Ff15 was the first game I ever got the platinum for. Do either of you have any plat trophies?
  • Strawberry EggsStrawberry Eggs Black Mage Idol Administrators
    Here's a year in review-type question for you:

What did you think was the most irritating gaming-related thing of 2016? People flipping out over every little Nintendo Switch rumor? Overreactions to "censorship?" VR nonsense? Something else entirely?
    Bravely second...
    The courage to try again...

Twitter: BerryEggs

edited January 10
    There use to be a general thought in gaming that western players liked easier games, or that some games were to hard for the west. Somewhere along the line that mentality switched, and you hear talk from a lot of Japanese developers who are saying Japan doesn't like hard games. Why do you think this is? Do you think either mentality had any merit, if so when and how did this evolve?
  • WheelsWheels RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    Budai wrote: »
    No the 3D after years was bad in my opinion. But I will agree ratchet and clank was good. I got it for 9 dollars on Black Friday and almost got the platinum trophy.

Speaking of trophies, what do you think of them? Ff15 was the first game I ever got the platinum for. Do either of you have any plat trophies?

I only have a Platinum for Natural Doctrine, so an excuse to talk about that game some more!

Here's a year in review-type question for you:

What did you think was the most irritating gaming-related thing of 2016? People flipping out over every little Nintendo Switch rumor? Overreactions to "censorship?" VR nonsense? Something else entirely?

overreactions to censorship will by far be the winner, but I'll make sure we discuss all of those (and anything else we can think of).
    Ask Wheels- This Week's Episode
    sig.gif
  • GaijinMonogatariGaijinMonogatari RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    Year in review stuff, hmm? Well, most of my big events for 2016 were presented either on JP or in the international news, but...

It seems like it's been at least five years since any one console could be described as an RPG mainstay (PS2/DS era). There are plenty of games from the RPGestalt on current consoles, but do you think we will ever see another bloom of extreme variety and quantity like there was on the SNES, PSX, PS2, GBA, or DS? I miss my quirky little games, goshdarnit.
    Do you think the switch will be the main handheld gaming system going forward? Or will Nintendo come out with a successor to the 3ds?
    Why do you think it is that western developers don't register large sales on handhelds? Almost all popular handheld franchise are still Japanese.
    What would you consider ff15's biggest strength and weakness?
    What can western developers learn from eastern developers, and vise versa?
    edited January 11
    Do either of you like the musou game genre? Do you think there could be more rpg cross overs.

(I'm playing dragon quest heroes now and really enjoying it. I like it more than dynasty warriors 8)
    Why is terry from dq6 so popular in Japan?
    Which offline game have you spent the most time on hours wise if you had to guess?