If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

The 2017 Completed Game List

ClixClix ListmasterFull Members
edited March 27 in Miscellaneous Gaming
Welcome to the 2017 Completed Game List thread. This will mark our 9th year doing this (my second as sole listmaster). Once again, numbers were low last year, so let's all do better (I am personally aiming for 30!). Except the two who do not need to do better. You know who you are. It's the same two each time. That said, average completion was up, so, for those few still remaining in the game, good job.

Previous annual lists:

The rules for the list are simple, but very important. All games completed in the calendar year of 2017 can be counted for inclusion. Completed-in-2017 is the sole rule. Whatever you want to count as an individual title is up to you. It is your list. I am merely here to help leave a lasting legacy, in case you ever want to remind yourself when you beat a certain game. Please, use this thread to discuss the games you complete with each other, whether said game is a gem or a turd. If you are for some reason lying about completing a game (either hyper casual or endless time-sink) on an online forum, that's your problem, not mine. We do this for fun. I think.

Updates to the list will be made roughly three times a day if not more so (morning, afternoon, evening)--essentially anytime I visit RPGamer, and I do that an uncomfortably large number of times a day. If you do not see your game added to your list within 24 hours, then please PM me or raise a hand--it is possible, but unlikely, that I have skipped over your post. NOTE: I will usually not notice an edited post if edited quite after the initial posting. Please double-post instead if you need to clarify something or immediately wrap up another game. I will announce any "long-term" absences ahead of time.

For personal list customization, please highlight or point out any special notes about a playthrough. For example, you may use brackets or bold/italics to point out game difficulty, hours to completion, completion percentage, et al. I will be happy to include this on your list, but I can only do so if it is fairly obvious in the post. While I do tend to read most posts thoroughly, a remark on game difficulty buried in the middle of the third paragraph (of seven) will most likely slip through the cracks. If you are tracking total game hours, I can also include that statistic next to the number of completed games listed next to the your name--just ask for this service in your first post in this thread, and I will tract it from there.

Finally, because I am a dirty, fat liar, there is actually a second rule. You must include the system that the game was concluded on. If not, I will count it as "????", and it will be your responsibility to rectify this, not mine.

Games will be listed in the following order (in chronological order; i.e. NES, SNES, N64, etc.):

Systems:
Nintendo Family
Sega Family
PlayStation Family
Xbox Family
PC
Arcade
Other

Handhelds:
Nintendo Family
Game Gear
PlayStation Family
Mobile Platforms (e.g. iPhone)

For digital store games, please list them on the platform you physically beat the game on, but mention that the game came from a specific digital service. For example, if you use PSN to download Final Fantasy VII and beat it on a PSVita, then please list the game as Final Fantasy VII (PSVita) - via PSN. This is also welcome for Steam and other PC-based digital services. I will by no means stress this; this is just a request from yours truly for the sake of formalities.

Now begins the 2017 list:

7thCircle - Games Finished: 3

PS4
Final Fantasy XV
Hitman
Stories: The Path of Destinies

----

TheAnimeMan - Games Finished: 5

PS4
Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness
Tales of Berseria
Tomb Raider

3DS
Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King

Pen & Paper
The Curse of Strahd

----

Clix - Games Finished: 4 (156 hours)

PS4
Tales of Zestiria (55 hours)

GBA
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance (57 hours)

DS
Pokemon Black Version (30 hours)

3DS
The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons (via GBC VC; 14 hours)

----

ChickenGod - Games Finished: 6

WiiU
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

PS4
Resident Evil 7: Biohazard
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness

PC
Grim Dawn

3DS
Pokemon Moon

----

Crono - Games Finished: 4

SNES
Kirby Super Star

PS4
Final Fantasy XV
Uncharted 4

XBOne
Halo 5

----

DarkRPGMaster - Games Finished: 2

PS4
Final Fantasy XV
Tales of Zestiria

----

The Doomhammer - Games Finished: 5

PS4
Horizon: Zero Dawn
Yakuza 0

PC
Grim Dawn
Pillars of Eternity + The White March Part 1 & Part 2
Tales of Berseria

----

flamethrower - Games Finished: 9

PS3
Hatsune Miku Project DIVA F 2nd

PS4
Day of the Tentacle Remastered
Hatsune Miku Project DIVA Future Tone
LittleBigPlanet 3
Lumo
Not A Hero
The Swindle
Titan Souls

PSVita
Hatsune Miku Project DIVA f

----

FoxConfessor - Games Finished: 3 (99 hours)

PS2
Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter (37 hours)

PS3
Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World (39 hours)

PS4
Rise of the Tomb Raider (23 hours)

----

GaijinMonogatari - Games Finished: 4

DS
Eco-Creatures 2
Super Robot Wars OG Saga: Masou Kishin - The Lord of Elemental (two playthroughs)
Tales of Hearts (CG Movie Edition)

----

hoktomaster - Games Finished: 3 (172 hours)

PS4
NieR: Automata (Ending A; 35 hours)
Nioh (95 hours)
Yakuza 0 (Easy difficulty, 42 hours)

----

jscarpe - Games Finished: 4

PS4
Final Fantasy XV
Yakuza 0

3DS
Fire Emblem Fates: Revelation

PSVita
Steins;Gate 0

----

Lassic - Games Finished: 2

PC
AM2R
Legend of Grimrock 2 (Standard and True endings)

----

lolwhoops - Games Finished: 1 (53 hours)

PS3
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel (53 hours)

----

Macstorm - Games Finished: 6 (111 hours)

PS4
Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward (45 hours)
Firewatch (5 hours)
Tales of Berseria (29 hours)

3DS
Mega Man 2 (via NES VC; 3 hours)

PSP
Final Fantasy (10 hours)

PSVita
Asdivine Hearts (19 hours)

----

maryadavies - Games Finished: 2

PS4
Kingdom Hearts 0.2: Birth by Sleep – A Fragmentary Passage

PC
Final Fantasy VI (via Steam)

----

Nyx - Games Finished: 7

PS4
Atelier Firis: The Alchemist of the Mysterious Journey
Fallout 4
Rock Band 4
The Walking Dead: Season 3 - Episode 2: Ties That Bind Part 2
Yakuza Zero

3DS
Pokemon Moon

PSVita
Atelier Shallie Plus: Alchemist of the Dusk Sea

----

Ombres - Games Finished: 5

N64
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

PC
AM2R

GBA
Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow

3DS
River City: Tokyo Rumble

PSVita
World of Final Fantasy

----

omegabyte - Games Finished: 7

PS4
NieR: Automata (Endings A, B, C, D, and E)

PC
Borderlands 2
The Elders Scrolls V: Skyrim Enhanced Edition
Orwell - Episode 3: Unperson
Orwell - Episode 4: Memory Hole
Orwell - Episode 5: Under the Spreading Chestnut Tree
Tales of Berseria

----

redwing42 - Games Finished: 3

Mass Effect 3

XBOne
Assassin's Creed: Unity + Dead Kings DLC

PC
Pony Island

----

Sabin1001 - Games Finished: 3

3DS
Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright

PC
Game Dev Tycoon
Undertale

----

Severin Mira - Games Finished: 6

PS4
Ys: Origin

PC
The Fruit of Grisaia

PSP
Sweet Fuse: At Your Side

PSVita
Dynasty Warriors: Godseekers
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II
Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization

----

Strawberry Eggs - Games Finished: 1

WiiU
EarthBound Beginnings (via NES VC)

----

SuccessorM - Games Finished: 2

PS3
Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition

PSVita
Muramasa Rebirth
ClixPsi.png

Comments

• OmbresOmbres Games horder Full Members
    River City: Tokyo Rumble (3DS)

that a good start for the new year!

A good follow-up to the great classic River City Ransom on the nes
    Always enjoy all the experience in life, you might gain a level or two.
    sig.gif
  • ClixClix Listmaster Full Members
    Pokemon Black Version (DS) - 30 hours

Hurray, first game of the year! Actually, this was meant to be my last game of 2016, but I was not able to finish my "speed run" in time. Sure, I beat N on New Year's Eve, but I don't count Pokemon games as complete without clearing the post-game plot. Due to the giant level spike (50 to 60) after beating the story, I kind of trudged a tad slowly through the Sage hunt and exploring the new routes/dungeons. I still finished a tad underleveled at Lv 69-71 when I beat Adler. For a victory lap, I then tango'd with Cynthia for the third time this year, but I won (barely).

My team was a Stoutland, Scolipede, Lilligant, Krookodile, Swanna, and Chandelure.
    ClixPsi.png
  • CronoCrono Member Full Members
    Halo 5: Xbone. Did this coop on normal in one sitting, about 5 hours roughly. Definitely a fun campaign, albeit maybe the shortest (and easiest?). Honestly didn't pay attention to the story though, just enjoyed the gameplay.
  • ChickenGodChickenGod Overdosing Heavenly Bliss Moderators
    Finished Pokemon Moon (3DS). Technically this is one of those that was done a long time ago for all intents and purposes, just didn't complete the final step of the journey.

If I recall my team was Decidueye, Lycanroc, Alolan-Marowak, Milotic, Alakazam, and a Kartana my friend gave me later on. I'm a little disappointed that the Moon version of Lycanroc didn't get much compared to the Sun version. However I was extremely pleased with the Rowlet line and Kartana is strangely enough a Pokemon I really, really like.

Overall its probably one of if not the best game in the Pokemon series. I'm proud of the Gamefreak for being brave enough to break tradition and shake up the typical formula for a relatively fresh experience which is what I felt the series needed to get its shine back. In spite of its obvious quality however I didn't have a great time playing it, because it seems more and more I'm just not a fan of Pokemon anymore. I'm playing the game for the social experience of talking about it with others and maybe a hint of nostalgia, and little else. On the bright side however I'm glad fans of the series got a great game here and a positive outlook for future entries to come.
    "Looks like Teach just got tenure!" - Teach
  • omegabyteomegabyte He's just this guy, you know? RPGamer Staff
    Clix wrote: »
    Welcome to the 2017 Completed Game List thread. This will mark our 9th year doing this (my second as sole listmaster).

Haha you should make that your forum title. Sounds like a weird RPG class

God's Final Message to His creation, written in thirty-foot high letters of fire on the side of the Quentulus Quazgar Mountains:
    We Apologize for the Inconvenience
    omegabyte wrote: »
    Welcome to the 2017 Completed Game List thread. This will mark our 9th year doing this (my second as sole listmaster).

Not a bad idea. And done.
    ClixPsi.png
  • NyxNyx Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff
    First one on the board for me is The Walking Dead: Season 3 - Episode 2: Ties That Bind Part 2 (PS4) -- The game did a good job of playing me, and the ending was well worth the arm flailing. Gah, I need episode 3 now.
  • redwing42redwing42 Classic Console Junkie Full Members

You have to be a level 5 Calculator and a level 3 Mediator before you can move on to Listmaster.
  • MacstormMacstorm Ysy St. Administrators
    Final Fantasy (PSP, 10 hours) - A fun replay and inspiration for a possible feature coming soon.
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
    redwing42 wrote: »

You have to be a level 5 Calculator and a level 3 Mediator before you can move on to Listmaster.

Hahahaha. Final Fantasy Tactics reference. It's funny, because I am now forcing myself to play FFTA despite how much I disliked FFT.

Yeah, don't expect to see that completed game post anytime this month.
    ClixPsi.png
  • LassicLassic Member Full Members
    AM2R (PC)

This fan remake of Metroid 2 is great and easily on par with Metroid Fusion and Zero Mission.

If you're a fan of the Metroid games and you have a controller that connects to your PC then you should've finished this yesterday ;)
  • CronoCrono Member Full Members
    Uncharted 4: PS4.Hell. Yes. This is the game I've been waiting for. Best campaign I've played in 4-5 years. I will replay this many times.
  • MacstormMacstorm Ysy St. Administrators
    Firewatch (PS4, 5 hours) - This, just like Gone Home, left me cold storywise. It's not that I didn't get it, but it just didn't strike a cord with me.
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
  • TheAnimeManTheAnimeMan Member Full Members
    StarOcean 5 - PS4

Enjoyed this one, although there are aspects of 4 I liked more and there are aspects of 5 I liked more. And NO I don't like 1 or 2 and yes I spent hundred of hours on 2 back on the PSX.
    sig.gif

28 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a mostly annoyed Father with first son. And now a father again to a second son :D

Winner of the 2015-2016 Fantasy gaming Pool
    edited January 9
    Grim Dawn (PC). Feels like a good time to report in since I've completed all the difficulties and achieved max level on my main character.

As I said in another post, Grim Dawn is one of my favorite games released year and I'm really surprised that it ended up being so enjoyable. First heard about it from 7th in the Now Playing Thread and decided to check it out because my friends and cousins usually want to play a co-op RPG together around the holidays. It looked okay from the trailers, something to play together like a Dungeon Siege 3 or whatever. Grim Dawn ended up completely sucking me in though and has yet to let go. I'm super thrilled with how my Acid Dual-Wielding Saboteur ended up, and he still needs a few pieces of gear before I can say he's completely finished. In addition to that character, I also have a level 59 Trickster who is similar but focuses on bleeding damage and some different devotions. This is the one I've been playing with 3/4 players and although the character isn't bad, it feels like the weakest of my three due to worse AOE damage and the nature of bleed DoTs being less flashy and slightly longer in duration. My final character I'm working on is a level 42 Dual-Pistol Sorceror thats all about elemental bullet damage. This character is loads of fun even though its pretty simple to play. Just seeing all the stuff on the screen that happens while going to town on the enemy is lots of fun. Too bad the character looks like such an idiot right now, can't wait to change that.

Anyways, long story short, I think its safe to say Grim Dawn is the type of Diablo-style game I've been waiting for. Its got tons of different build possibilities, a fun and fair loot system, respectable campaign, and super satisfying gameplay.
    edited January 9
    Assassin's Creed: Unity + Dead Kings DLC (XBONE)

This was not a good game. Graphics glitches are one thing (and there were plenty of those), but the controls for this game were very bad. Somehow, I think the controls for the AC games have been getting worse with each installment. I certainly spent way too much time fighting with them this time around. Stealth was also inconsistent, so in a game that was supposed to be about stealthy killers, I ended up charging in with smoke and stun bombs and just wiping out everyone more often than not. The story was weak, full of holes, poorly paced, and generally not engaging, though Dead Kings was a bit better in this regard. The only thing that may put this game slightly about AC3 is that it did, at least, have buildings to climb.

I've heard that Syndicate was a much better game, so I am still looking forward to that one when I get around to it.
    redwing42 wrote: »
    Assassin's Creed: Unity + Dead Kings DLC (XBONE)

This was not a good game. Graphics glitches are one thing (and there were plenty of those), but the controls for this game were very bad. Somehow, I think the controls for the AC games have been getting worse with each installment. I certainly spent way too much time fighting with them this time around. Stealth was also inconsistent, so in a game that was supposed to be about stealthy killers, I ended up charging in with smoke and stun bombs and just wiping out everyone more often than not. The story was weak, full of holes, poorly paced, and generally not engaging, though Dead Kings was a bit better in this regard. The only thing that may put this game slightly about AC3 is that it did, at least, have buildings to climb.

I've heard that Syndicate was a much better game, so I am still looking forward to that one when I get around to it.

I ultimately prefer III over Unity, but those two are definitely the current bottom for the franchise, and let's hope there is never another contender thrown in. Yes, the controls are wonky, and the stealth doesn't work, which is baffling since this game had the heaviest focus on it but with a fraction of the tools to achieve it from the previous set of games.

Syndicate is an improvement, but do not expect anything too revolutionary. It is still running on Unity's build, much like Liberation, IV, and Rogue ran on III's engine. That said, Syndicate added back in a ton of the features introduced previously, which helps strip away the climbing and stealth issues innate with the current engine. Hopefully the next game is running on something more stable than Unity-Syndicate.
    ClixPsi.png
    edited January 10
    Star Ocean 5 (PS4). Clocked in at about 32 hours with this one. I want to say I did a little over half of the sidequests and attempted to do all the PAs that I could find in the towns.

What to say about this one? I certainly didn't experience the same flaws that others did, particularly when it came to the backtracking. Perhaps there were lots of permanently missable things, but because I was just renting it and the game wasn't very engaging I didn't really care and just did whatever I could while I was there and moved the story along at a brisk pace. After FF15 I've really lost my patience for stupid and pointless sidequests that offer next to no enjoyment. It worked pretty well for me and looking at the sidequest boards most of what I was missing were kill random monster quests in places that were too out of the way to go back to. My biggest problem was probably the voice acting and story as there were many scenes that were just awkward and not very in depth. Even so I did have fun with the battle system playing as Emmerson and Victor, even if it wasn't very in depth it was easy going and fun. The only battles that annoyed me were the ones where you are forced to protect one of your party members or lose. The soundtrack was alright and I do have a soft spot for TriAce chimes.

Ultimately SO5 is a rather unremarkable RPG that wasn't as bad as I was expecting. It reminds me of a homework assignment that someone didn't really want to do but needed to get a passing grade anyway.
  • TheAnimeManTheAnimeMan Member Full Members
    Yeah that was kinda how I felt about it. I was hoping something a little more epic following 4 (as i REALLY like 4) but wound with a game with a number of decent aspects but just didn't go above mediocre.
    sig.gif

28 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a mostly annoyed Father with first son. And now a father again to a second son :D

Winner of the 2015-2016 Fantasy gaming Pool
  • SuccessorMSuccessorM Can't you hear the drums? Full Members
    Muramasa Rebirth (PSVita)

Was feeling in an action mode right now and wanted to keep playing my Vita. I only have finished Momohime's story right now, which is only one ending. I have to play the other character to get the rest of them. This still rolls credits though, so I'll call it good. I will go back to this here and there though. This game is soo good and Vanillaware definitely has their ways of doing things, but I'll always want more. Thankfully, there is many more to play!

Hopefully you'll see with a platinum trophy before the end of the year.
  • 7thCircle7thCircle Proofer of the Realm RPGamer Staff
    Rolled credits on Final Fantasy XV (PS4) and I'm left a little speechless on it. The story makes no sense whatsoever, mainly because it relies heavily on lore and events that aren't in the game. The open world was fun enough, but SE needs to up the communication between teams. It's now developed in house four open world RPGs, none of them are anything alike, and things that work great in some are busted in others. Even different chapters in FF15 felt like they were created by teams that didn't talk to each other.

I enjoyed it until the last few chapters. Even the last few chapters weren't awful, just a bit too long for what little they had going on.
    The lesson here is that dreams inevitably lead to hideous implosions.
    Pony Island (PC) That was a fun little thing. Puzzles were fun, with just a bit of challenge. Got 10 tickets on my first playthrough, but did not complete the final task, so I may go back in and look for some more. I'd definitely recommend this for people that don't mind their games messing around with them a bit. It is a part of the current Humble Bundle as well (though I bought it during the Steam Sale), so it is a great time to pick it up, if you are interested.
  • GaijinMonogatariGaijinMonogatari RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    Ecolis 2: Aoi Umi to Ugoku Shima (a.k.a. Eco-Creatures 2) - DS

Haven't beaten all the post-game challenges and still missing two recruitables, but I'm ready to say that this one is finished. Cute game, review to come.
  • omegabyteomegabyte He's just this guy, you know? RPGamer Staff
    Orwell - Episode 3: Unperson (PC)
    Orwell - Episode 4: Memory Hole (PC)
    Orwell - Episode 5: Under the Spreading Chestnut Tree (PC)

This is a pretty cool game about state-sponsored mass surveillance. Definitely worth checking out.
    God's Final Message to His creation, written in thirty-foot high letters of fire on the side of the Quentulus Quazgar Mountains:
    We Apologize for the Inconvenience
  • NyxNyx Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff
    Yakuza Zero (PS4) -- Review to come.
  • Severin MiraSeverin Mira News Director/Reviewer RPGamer Staff
    Finished Yumiko's route in The Fruit of Grisaia (PC). Once it actually locked into the route it was good, just had too many inane scenes before actual plot actually got round to happening. Probably not one I'd recommend to anyone who wasn't already a big fan of visual novels (picked Yumiko's on account of her being the least outwardly insane of the bunch).
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU) | NNID: severinmira
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevvi Taubemira (Leviathan)
  • jscarpejscarpe Member Full Members
    Finished Final Fantasy XV (PS4) and that sure was a thing; despite its problems, I really liked it. The battle system wasn't really my cup of tea, but I really liked the characters and the story really clicked with me as well. Sure there could have been some more exposition, but I'll take this over XIII's explaining everything to death with terms that don't mean anything.
  • The DoomhammerThe Doomhammer Prod with the Prod Full Members
    Grim Dawn [PC] My twin-pistol Pyromancer deals out some real satisfying damage, pity about what happens when a boss looks at it funny though.
    My twin-pistol Pyromancer deals out some real satisfying damage, pity about what happens when a boss looks at it funny though.

Glad to see you took a liking to twin-pistol pyro! Not sure exactly what level you are, but I invested heavily in Blast Shield to help with survivability. A couple of points in Mirror of Erecotes + Maiven's Sphere, and the Dryad + Bat Devotions (and some life steal ring I passed down from a previous character) made me feel like it was my strongest low-level build.
  • Severin MiraSeverin Mira News Director/Reviewer RPGamer Staff
    Forgot to mention this earlier but finally got through the epically-long epilogue in The Legend of Heores: Trails of Cold Steel II (Vita) :) It's –ing amazing. That is all.
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU) | NNID: severinmira
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevvi Taubemira (Leviathan)