If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

The 2017 Completed Game List

167891012»

Comments

• Severin MiraSeverin Mira News Director/Reviewer RPGamer Staff
    Felt like something handheld and adventury so played through Parascientific Escape: Cruise in the Distant Seas (3DS) past few days. It's decent enough, worth the £4 or so I paid for it, might check out the second and third games at some point.
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU) | NNID: severinmira
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevvi Taubemira (Leviathan)
  • NyxNyx Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff
    Fallen Legion: Sins of the Empire (PS4) -- Really enjoyed this one, though very Valkyrie Profile-inspired, it's still missing the strong narrative hold. Still, it was fun, button-mashy and my fingers hurt from playing it. Good, but not great game.
  • OmbresOmbres Games horder Full Members
    Clix wrote: »
    Ombres wrote: »
    ABZÜ

very great looking game and with perfect ambiance music!

PS4?

Ah man, sorry about that, it on PC.
    Always enjoy all the experience in life, you might gain a level or two.
    sig.gif
  • ClixClix Listmaster Full Members
    FFXIV Heavanward - PC (All Patches)

Now once my wife catches up it's off to Stormblood.

I have updated your original posting of HW to include the note about all patches. Or did you wish for that to count as a separate completed game entry?
    ClixPsi.png
  • TheAnimeManTheAnimeMan Member Full Members
    Clix wrote: »
    FFXIV Heavanward - PC (All Patches)

Now once my wife catches up it's off to Stormblood.

I have updated your original posting of HW to include the note about all patches. Or did you wish for that to count as a separate completed game entry?

No with the original post was fine for that just made the new notation to make it easier for you to see it.
    sig.gif

28 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a mostly annoyed Father with first son. And now a father again to a second son :D

Winner of the 2015-2016 Fantasy gaming Pool
  • DarkRPGMasterDarkRPGMaster A Witness to Destruction Moderators
    World of Final Fantasy (PS4/VITA) - 100% Platinum Trophy

Originally when I got this, I was iffy on the whole premise and how everything looks cutesy. It downright drove me insane at first...until I started getting into it, at which point its charm started showing. The entire game was fun and downright hilarious with interactions between characters, and the story was slightly barebones Final Fantasy until towards the end of the game (at which point it got really good). Gameplay wise it's pretty much just catch and train FF monsters, make stacks using them and Reynn and Lann (which gives them all the abilities, stats, and weaknesses combined), and fighting your way through the story. The game surprisingly had some well designed locations and puzzles to go through, and didn't feel like it lagged on. Overall, I say this is a really good game, and I hope we see them make a sequel to it, it deserves it.
    "Yes, because apparently blindly jumping headfirst into a firefight without a grasp on the situation or any combat experience is a sign of genius these days."
  • NyxNyx Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff
    Guardians of the Galaxy: The Telltale Series - Episode 3: More Than a Feeling (PS4)
    Whee, finally got round to doing the last dungeon and trial from Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood (PS4)
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU) | NNID: severinmira
    And I also finished Parascientific Escape: Gear Detective (3DS) and apparently I got the gold ending as opposed to the pink and bad endings. Story was a bit better than the first game, though it seemed to be less focused on puzzles, which were a bit less interesting.
  • TheAnimeManTheAnimeMan Member Full Members
    Fire Emblem Fates: Revelations - 3DS

Not sure why I felt like playing this again but I did and it was still alright. Personally like the two individual stories as well but just can't bear to play it.
    sig.gif

28 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a mostly annoyed Father with first son. And now a father again to a second son :D

Winner of the 2015-2016 Fantasy gaming Pool
  • CronoCrono Member Full Members
    Sunset Overdrive: Xbone. Wow. I was not expecting to love this game so much. I really miss having free time because I'd play all the optional missions, but the gameplay is really fun and it's the perfect mix of crude, silly, and 'splosions.
  • The DoomhammerThe Doomhammer Prod with the Prod Full Members
    edited September 13
    Yakuza Kiwami (PS4)
  • redwing42redwing42 Classic Console Junkie Full Members
    Fallout 4 (XBOX One) I wish that there were more non combat interactions in this game. I was rolling in some maxed out power armor for most of the game, and it would have made sense if some people occasionally said "Maybe I shouldn't mess with this guy," instead of immediately coming after me with their dinky pipe pistol. I also found it strange that several of the systems were dumbed down from Fallout 3, like limb damage and Rad effects. Still, overall I had a good time with this one. Definitely ready to move on, though.
  • ChickenGodChickenGod Overdosing Heavenly Bliss Moderators
    Kritika Online (PC) - Finished the main story line to max level.

Previously I had never heard of this game until RPGamers tiny little feature on it. Looked at a couple videos and it looked like something I was in the mood for. And boy was I right, as once I asked my cousin to join in, we both got hooked to the game pretty hard. I picked the Catspaw, and he picked the Frost Mage, which has turned out to be a really nice team composition. The game's biggest strengths are easily the battle system and class selection/customization options. Battles are fast paced with tons of skills to use, combos to complete, and feel a lot like a Bayonetta without the Witch Time. This also means playing on the hardest difficulty means you can only take a small number of hits before death, but its not completely filled with 1 shot insta-kills like some action oriented titles can be. Unfortunately Kritika is affected severely by some completely boneheaded design choices. The biggest offenders to me are the inability to trade items with your friends, and the Auction House requiring real money currency (in many cases). Because you can find Legendary items for any class in this game (while the rest of the drops are relegated to yours only), it almost always creates a situation where in the rare instances you do find a Legendary, its not something you can use, and for my cousin and I, we find stuff for each other that unfortunately can't be traded. The game also doesn't do much to teach newcomers about the many different systems in play, and this is made even worse by the fact that online guides are sparse, outdated, and in many cases no longer even apply. There's not a ton of players online either, as opening the party finder almost always results in 0 hits.

Ultimately Kritika is a game with a really high paced and fun battle system thats hard to recommend because most of the MMO elements are handled way better by other competitors. For me, playing it as a closed box with friends ala Grim Dawn has been and will likely continue to be a lot of fun.
  • 7thCircle7thCircle Proofer of the Realm RPGamer Staff
    edited September 20
    I rolled the credits on Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle (Switch). I thought there was going to be a 5th world, but the length felt right, and there are still the world 4 challenges to do plus some ultimate challenges, so I'm not done with it yet.

It's a really well designed tactics game. For a company that gets dumped on a lot, Ubisoft over the years has consistency made games I've enjoyed. The team I used for all of world 4 was Mario, Rabbid Peach, and Rabbid Yoshi, which was versatile enough to handle any situation. I don't know that the light puzzles or world exploration added anything, though putting short breaks between the battles helped keep me from getting drained or bored, a problem I have sometimes with tactics RPGs. Overall a solid game I think all fans of the genre would enjoy.
    The lesson here is that dreams inevitably lead to hideous implosions.
  • The DoomhammerThe Doomhammer Prod with the Prod Full Members
    Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana [PS4] Lots of fun, but it's a pity about the rather stiff and occasionally nonsensical localization. And the total botching of the simultaneous PC release Falcom were promised, but oh well.